• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zenith Z5 series

Forgetful Coyote

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey yall, just curious about yall's experience with Zenith's Z5 clones of the MP5? Had a local store trying to talk me into the B&T APC10(which would be my only other preference over the Zenith because 10mm in a PDW is awesome) over the Zenith because “we get MP5 clones in here with problems all the time.. go with a true HK if you want a MP5”.
I haven’t heard of many issues with Zenith’s Z5 series…? MKE is a licensed HK manufacturer…uses HK machines to make their clones…and I want a MP5/MP5 clone. The B&T’s are nice as hell, excellent fit/finish. But as said I want a MP5! Lol..

So for those who own one/have shot one; what was your experience with the Zenith Z5?

Zenith refitted/reworked MKE’s poor QC on every one they imported. If you can find a Zenith, they are good guns.
Pretty much this. After Zenith dimed one of MKE's executives for selling prints to foreign countries, MKE turned on zenith and froze them out. You would think they would be thankful, but I guess everyone is corrupt and no good deed goes unpunished.

Century is now importing the same guns and while they can be had cheaper after the price drops the good news is century is not touching them, the bad news is they are probably going to be similar to Zeniths before they had a chance to fix them.

I had to have work done on mine even after getting it back from zenith. They knew about it and I decided to fix myself instead of shipping back to them.

They are the best true import clones that have actual push pin lowers IMO. If you can find a zenith buy it. Older MKE marked guns are very good as well.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Good to hear. I was already basically convinced after seeing Garand Thumb’s review because he puts tons of rounds through his guns.
So the Zenith Z5p(MP5K clone) is good to go on reliability?

Any reason to consider the PSA MP5 vs the Zenith??

Zenith here. Had an issue right at the beginning with cases getting stuck down in the trigger housing. Shipped it back and they swapped the housing and redid the finish on the gun since it had some minor issues. All super fast and zero argument.

Attachments

• 16553881-5CF2-44B9-A1C8-873D689D172B.jpeg
    16553881-5CF2-44B9-A1C8-873D689D172B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 255
Good to hear. I was already basically convinced after seeing Garand Thumb’s review because he puts tons of rounds through his guns.
So the Zenith Z5p(MP5K clone) is good to go on reliability?

Any reason to consider the PSA MP5 vs the Zenith??
PSA MP5 is vaporware so its an easy choice.

HK SP5 was not an option when I bought my Zenith. I wanted a clone and it being built on HK machines was a big selling point. Even now id probably still go Zenith since its 1k+ more money for the SP5 for no real gain. They are both still semi auto etc

You are paying for German labor rates when you buy the SP5.

Hey yall, just curious about yall's experience with Zenith's Z5 clones of the MP5? Had a local store trying to talk me into the B&T APC10(which would be my only other preference over the Zenith because 10mm in a PDW is awesome) over the Zenith because “we get MP5 clones in here with problems all the time.. go with a true HK if you want a MP5”.
I haven’t heard of many issues with Zenith’s Z5 series…? MKE is a licensed HK manufacturer…uses HK machines to make their clones…and I want a MP5/MP5 clone. The B&T’s are nice as hell, excellent fit/finish. But as said I want a MP5! Lol..

So for those who own one/have shot one; what was your experience with the Zenith Z5?
I love my Zenith Z5P!!! Nuff said. I also like my B&T’s!

The Zenith imported MKE guns marked "Z-5P" and "Z-5RS" dried up years ago, before I got a POF "MP5" marked one. Century now imports the MKE guns as "AP-5". The Zenith guns presently up for preorder (ZF-5) at $2,500 are to be clones made in the US, not licensed MP5s like the MKE or POF. The Zenith mp5 clone quality is unknown as they don't exist yet.

I've owned two clones, Omega brand and PTR brand. I couldn't recommend either. They're trash. I want one of the Century ones, which sounds ridiculous because Century.

It's also sad that companies in Pakistan and Turkey can get it done right, but none of the ones in the USA can. Outdone by Pakistan, lol.

The Zenith imported MKE guns marked "Z-5P" and "Z-5RS" dried up years ago, before I got a POF "MP5" marked one. Century now imports the MKE guns as "AP-5". The Zenith guns presently up for preorder (ZF-5) at $2,500 are to be clones made in the US, not licensed MP5s like the MKE or POF. The Zenith mp5 clone quality is unknown as they don't exist yet.

I've owned two clones, Omega brand and PTR brand. I couldn't recommend either. They're trash. I want one of the Century ones, which sounds ridiculous because Century.

It's also sad that companies in Pakistan and Turkey can get it done right, but none of the ones in the USA can. Outdone by Pakistan, lol.

The "companies" in Pakistan and Turkey are their National Arsenals and gun manufactures. They are the equivalent if you were to take FNH, Sig, Colt, HKUSA and GlockUSA and have them under the national authority.

HKs are made from stamped sheet metal machines and molds that costs millions. They use a ton of small parts that are hard and expensive to make That is why "US" companies can't get it right, and the best ones are built on demilled HK's with new sheet metal flats that require hundreds of dollars in tools just to form.