• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Comp Return2Zero- Disengage

Charger442

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 2, 2010
    South Texas
    So i have a couple 420 scope and maybe i havent bothered to set the zero stop on my first one, but i did on the latest one i procured.

i set the zero, but its not actually at the "stop". and i am thinking i didnt do it correctly but disengaging it first? seems odd though. right now, it is zeroed and the turret reads zero, but i can go another turn clockwise until it hits zero and then will go an extra mil lower. WTF? i guess i didnt do this step first. Does everyone do this first? From the manual:

Disengage the Return2Zero
    To obtain full elevation travel for re-zeroing to a different
    weapon system, follow these procedures:
    1. Unlock the turret and turn in the up direction until it
    stops.
    2. Loosen the turret set screws then spin the turret up
    again (turret will NOT click) until it stops. Tighten the set
    screws.
    3. Now turn the turret downward (turret WILL click) until it
    stops.
    4. Loosen the set screws then spin the turret down
    again until it stops (turret will NOT click). Tighten the set
    screws.
    5. You now have full elevation travel of the system.
    Conduct bore sighting and zeroing procedures for the new
    weapon system.

If I’m understanding it sounds like when you initially zeroed the rifle you loosened the set screws and turned the turret back to 0 and then retightened the screws. When zeroing these scopes you loosen the screws, turn the turret until it stops, then move it to actual 0 on the turret then tighten screws up, this allows you to dial below 0 by 4-5 clicks before hitting the 0 stop. You don’t do those steps first in your post before zeroing unless you bought this scope used & wanted to set it back to optical center.

If I’m understanding it sounds like when you initially zeroed the rifle you loosened the set screws and turned the turret back to 0 and then retightened the screws. When zeroing these scopes you loosen the screws, turn the turret until it stops, then move it to actual 0 on the turret then tighten screws up, this allows you to dial below 0 by 4-5 clicks before hitting the 0 stop. You don’t do those steps first in your post before zeroing unless you bought this scope used & wanted to set it back to optical center.

I'll check. I may be able to set it again

Reactions: Dendro