• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics Zero Compromise Optic scopes in stock at cstactical.com

View attachment 7854031
04/21/22: What's in stock below:
https://www.cstactical.com/Zero-Compromise-Optic
Zero Compromise Optic ZC420 4-20x50 MPCT2 $3,740.00 in stock !
Zero Compromise Optic ZC420 4-20x50 MPCT3 $3,740.00 in stock!
Zero Compromise Optic ZC420 4-20x50 MPCT3 NLE $3,890.00 in stock!
Zero Compromise Optic ZC420 4-20x50 MPCT3X $3,740.00 in stock!
Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 MPCT3X $3,980.00 in stock!
Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 MPCT3X NLE $4,130.00 in stock!

New options in stock!
ZC527 Tremor 3 $4,455.00
ZC527 M3X FDE $4,230.00
ZC527 M2 FDE $4,230.00
ZC527 M1 FDE $4,230.00

Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 MOA $3,980.00 PM or call for back order

Zero Compromise Optic ZC840 8-40x56 $4,150.00-$4,625.00 ETA TBA!
Pre-Order here: https://www.cstactical.com/zco-8-40x56-zc840-riflescope
LOL...you loving that rifle, ain't you Richard? :)

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical
@CSTactical - Hi Richard - just wanted to let you know that I did indeed receive my ZCO 5-27 on Friday and it arrived in perfect condition.

Just in time as I plan to bolt this rifle together in the next few days.

Now if I can just bust my Ultra 7 out of jail, I'll be set.

All - excellent purchasing experience with Richard and CSTactical and I would highly recommend them as a vendor for your next scope purchase.

Cheers

IMG-1981.JPG

Last edited:
There service is as good as
Advertised
Ordered on a Sunday
Sent a email which was
Replied same day(on a Sunday) as a business owner I get
How much it sucks to work not at work.
Scope was shipped next day with tracking sent.
Thanks I’m a happy customer so far and haven’t even got my scope yet

• Love
05/13/22: What's in stock and on the way below:
Zero Compromise Optic ZC420 4-20x50 MPCT2 $3,890.00 on the way!

Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 MPCT1 $3,980.00 in stock!
Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 MPCT2 $3,980.00 in stock!
Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 MPCT2 NLE $4,130.00on the way!!

New options in stock!
Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 M2 FDE $4,230.00
Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 M3X FDE $4,230.00
Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 Tremor 5 $4,455.00

Zero Compromise Optic ZC840 8-40x56 $4,150.00-$4,625.00 Pre-Order, starting to ship!!

View attachment 7869044
@Nik H

Hey Nicky….I found our hat ^^. Lol

Reactions: Nik H
05/13/22: What's in stock and on the way below:
Zero Compromise Optic ZC420 4-20x50 MPCT2 $3,890.00 on the way!

Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 MPCT1 $3,980.00 in stock!
Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 MPCT2 $3,980.00 in stock!
Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 MPCT2 NLE $4,130.00on the way!!

New options in stock!
Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 M2 FDE $4,230.00
Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 M3X FDE $4,230.00
Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 5-27x56 Tremor 5 $4,455.00

Zero Compromise Optic ZC840 8-40x56 $4,150.00-$4,625.00 Pre-Order, starting to ship!!

View attachment 7869044
Have you looked through an 8-40X yet? Opinions?

@CSTactical - its Saturday, Richard! Do you ever stop working ;-) haha

So, finally got this gun reasonably put together with the ZCO 5-27 I bought from you for it mounted on top. Pics to follow.

One thing...I do love and use ARC rings and did indeed follow the meandering and somewhat inconclusive threads about torque values with ZCO and ARC rings. I have a Mk5 5-25 in ARC rings torqued at 53 in/lbs (closest fix-it-stick limiter I have to ARC's recommended 55 in/lbs) and no problemo. And, I do vaguely understand Ted's explanation about multiple small screws vs one big one and the applied torque values needed in these different situations in order to obtain the same resulting clamping force (right term...maybe??) on the tube .

So, I went for it (yeah, no guts/no glory has resulted in multiple catastrophes in my life! haha). First time I torqued the rings it appeared to me that the parallax was binding!! I say appear because I panicked (hey, that scope was a lot of $$ for me haha) and dismounted it immediately. I went so fast I may have actually gone backwards in time. :LOL: It occurred to me later that I may have grabbed the illumination ring by mistake or.....WTF knows??

In any case, I immediately backed off the the screws, parallax moved free and easy (and yeah, confirmed I was grabbing the right ring this time) and it seemed like disaster was avoided. So, I went up in stages, 25 in/lbs, check parallax movement. Then 45 and check, all good. Then up to 53 again and still the parallax is moving free and easy and doing its job as verified at the range. So, a bit of adrenaline (you have no idea how good I am at breaking shit with hand tools...sigh) but all seems to have ended well.

I will say that this scope amazes me. Just left me giggling. Best scope I have owned is a Mk 5 and I have nothing bad to say about it. It works well and I got it for a reasonable price. I have looked thru/shot Swarovski, S&B, Zeiss, and Kahles on the higher ends but not to any great extent....sort of just take a look and maybe take a couple of shots. But never had the chance to really spend any time behind a top qual scope like the ZCO and I was just gobsmacked.

By the by, Richard....I think our agreement to go with the MPTC 3X reticle was the correct one. I still have very little experience using it but my initial impression is that it seems intuitive to read and and the tree is not too intrusive or cluttering.

I bore sighted it, began barrel break in as this scope went on a brand new BA from Altus (who really know how to cut a clean chamber), and zero'd it all the while shvitzing my nuts off in Maryland 99F/90% soggy day. haha

Ok, pics....but apparently I'm not as good of a photog as our friend @viking78 :cool:
1653166622272.jpeg

1653166716385.jpeg

1653166660897.jpeg

1653166687208.jpeg

Cheers

Did it leave any dint marks on the scope tube:eek:.
I use 2.4Nm, that is about 21 in/lbs.
Good to hear you manage to get it loose soon enough, that it did damage the scope, i dont this ZCO lifetime warranty is as good as Vortex is 😀.
Did you set the zero stop, i can see on one picture, a witness mark is up on the tower.
Check out my old video, it is not how i would do that video today, but you know what i am talking about.
One you have set the zero, just unscrew the set screws, turn the turret dont to zero mark, tighten the set screws and you are done.
Easy way is to push the tower down, when the lines are correct, tighten the screws, lift up and check the tension, no need much force here.

Did it leave any dint marks on the scope tube:eek:.
I use 2.4Nm, that is about 21 in/lbs.
Good to hear you manage to get it loose soon enough, that it did damage the scope, i dont this ZCO lifetime warranty is as good as Vortex is 😀.
Did you set the zero stop, i can see on one picture, a witness mark is up on the tower.
Check out my old video, it is not how i would do that video today, but you know what i am talking about.
One you have set the zero, just unscrew the set screws, turn the turret dont to zero mark, tighten the set screws and you are done.
Easy way is to push the tower down, when the lines are correct, tighten the screws, lift up and check the tension, no need much force here.

Hello my friend - those pics w the second rotation pop up thing was just in my garage playing around with it a bit. This was before it was even bore sighted or shot.

I did dial to zero then followed the zero instructions in the owners manual rigorously. Including once zero’d, screws tightened, and locking turret depressed down to locked position, loosening then tightening the screws to ensure the slimes are aligned. And yes, I have .5 mil stop below zero.

Only fly in the ointment is on the windage turret.

First, I fucking hate 2mm Allen head screws because they are often shallow and the socket is not particularly well made or strong.

One of the screws on the windage seems to have too shallow of a socket or there is a burr in there. I could back it out and then barely snug it but couldn’t get the hex wrench in far enough to actually tighten. All other turret scres were fine.

I’ll give them a call tomorrow. I’m sure they will send me a few screws (spare parts are always handy to have). I’m assuming the existing screws will just back out entirely and are in no way captive but I’ll confirm w them.

But those crappy little 2mm hex head screws always scare me…they always seem on the verge of easily stripping. There must be a better fastener but I do understand the space limitations they have. Do they make 2mm torx screws? Would that not be a small improvement in ruggedness??

Did it leave any dint marks on the scope tube
Nope. And when I loosen the rings…prob to fine tune level…I may just stick to 25 in/lbs or so when I tighten again.

Please understand that ARC rings are not at all like four or six screw rings w their 18 to 25 I /lbs specs. They have one larger screw and one would expect the torque value needed for a given clamping force on the tube to be significantly higher…or so I’m told by mech engineers! Lol

With that 21 in/lbs torque on yours, the scope never moves on the rings?

And I know you shoot a lot of magnums. All good w 21 in/lbs?

Reactions: viking78
Nope. And when I loosen the rings…prob to fine tune level…I may just stick to 25 in/lbs or so when I tighten again.

Please understand that ARC rings are not at all like four or six screw rings w their 18 to 25 I /lbs specs. They have one larger screw and one would expect the torque value needed for a given clamping force on the tube to be significantly higher…or so I’m told by mech engineers! Lol

I have never handled ARC rings, so i am able to tell how i would use it.
But i would use the recommended torq spec of scope manufacturer, it is holding on.
Vortex scopes has 18 in/lbs, not a inc more.
I have had no issues with my Audere mounts and ZCO with 21 in/lbs, they are holding on very well.
12 screws total.
Good to hear your scope did not damaged, ZCO quality can handle even a little abuse :)

@CSTactical - its Saturday, Richard! Do you ever stop working ;-) haha

So, finally got this gun reasonably put together with the ZCO 5-27 I bought from you for it mounted on top. Pics to follow.

One thing...I do love and use ARC rings and did indeed follow the meandering and somewhat inconclusive threads about torque values with ZCO and ARC rings. I have a Mk5 5-25 in ARC rings torqued at 53 in/lbs (closest fix-it-stick limiter I have to ARC's recommended 55 in/lbs) and no problemo. And, I do vaguely understand Ted's explanation about multiple small screws vs one big one and the applied torque values needed in these different situations in order to obtain the same resulting clamping force (right term...maybe??) on the tube .

So, I went for it (yeah, no guts/no glory has resulted in multiple catastrophes in my life! haha). First time I torqued the rings it appeared to me that the parallax was binding!! I say appear because I panicked (hey, that scope was a lot of $$ for me haha) and dismounted it immediately. I went so fast I may have actually gone backwards in time. :LOL: It occurred to me later that I may have grabbed the illumination ring by mistake or.....WTF knows??

In any case, I immediately backed off the the screws, parallax moved free and easy (and yeah, confirmed I was grabbing the right ring this time) and it seemed like disaster was avoided. So, I went up in stages, 25 in/lbs, check parallax movement. Then 45 and check, all good. Then up to 53 again and still the parallax is moving free and easy and doing its job as verified at the range. So, a bit of adrenaline (you have no idea how good I am at breaking shit with hand tools...sigh) but all seems to have ended well.

I will say that this scope amazes me. Just left me giggling. Best scope I have owned is a Mk 5 and I have nothing bad to say about it. It works well and I got it for a reasonable price. I have looked thru/shot Swarovski, S&B, Zeiss, and Kahles on the higher ends but not to any great extent....sort of just take a look and maybe take a couple of shots. But never had the chance to really spend any time behind a top qual scope like the ZCO and I was just gobsmacked.

By the by, Richard....I think our agreement to go with the MPTC 3X reticle was the correct one. I still have very little experience using it but my initial impression is that it seems intuitive to read and and the tree is not too intrusive or cluttering.

I bore sighted it, began barrel break in as this scope went on a brand new BA from Altus (who really know how to cut a clean chamber), and zero'd it all the while shvitzing my nuts off in Maryland 99F/90% soggy day. haha

Ok, pics....but apparently I'm not as good of a photog as our friend @viking78 :cool:
View attachment 7874220
View attachment 7874223
View attachment 7874221
View attachment 7874222

Cheers
Are those targets like 50 yards away???

Last edited:

ARC rings require a torque setting of 55 in-pounds for both the rail and scope bolts

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron23
Are those targets like 50 yards away???
Haha yeah, Nicky…you are seeing the 50 yd berm in that pic. The 100 yd is above it and not in view. There is absolutely nothing flat about this local range.

Reactions: 0321
ARC rings require a torque setting of 55 in-pounds for both the rail and scope bolts
Yep. As I mentioned…well, somewhere…my Mk5 is in M-10 rings torqued to 55.

I did fine tune the level of the scope w a plumb line and brought the ring screws only up to 45 in/lbs this time.

Was just a bit nervous after first torquing to 55 and getting what I think was binding parallax although I did losses and retighten to 55 in stages and that time def no binding.

That and that long other thread about these scopes and ARC rings and ZCO recommended max torque values. So, being a bit cautious.

I think I’ll shoot it at 45 for a while and if that sucker moves then I’ll go back to 55.

Yep. As I mentioned…well, somewhere…my Mk5 is in M-10 rings torqued to 55.

I did fine tune the level of the scope w a plumb line and brought the ring screws only up to 45 in/lbs this time.

Was just a bit nervous after first torquing to 55 and getting what I think was binding parallax although I did losses and retighten to 55 in stages and that time def no binding.

That and that long other thread about these scopes and ARC rings and ZCO recommended max torque values. So, being a bit cautious.

I think I’ll shoot it at 45 for a while and if that sucker moves then I’ll go back to 55.
My ZCO in the ARC rings was set to 55 in-pounds with no issue.

I don't blame you for being cautious

Reactions: Baron23
@CSTactical, I have almost this exact set-up on my XLR (with the new butt-pad!). If I remember right, this is Dan's "heavy" NRL Hunter gun from the video. What height rings are those? My ARC rings just barely clear the night vision hood on my XLR, with ZC 5-27. I need a higher set so I can actually put the lens caps on it.

I have almost this exact set-up on my XLR (with the new butt-pad!). If I remember right, this is Dan's "heavy" NRL Hunter gun from the video. What height rings are those? My ARC rings just barely clear the night vision hood on my ZC 5-27, I need a higher set so I can actually put the lens caps on it.

This setup is similar to Dan's NRL Hunter heavy setup, this ARC M-Brace mount I'm borrowing is 1.26" 20 MOA until my Hawkins 1 piece 1.27" 20 MOA mount comes in :) - Richard

This setup is similar to Dan's NRL Hunter heavy setup, this ARC M-Brace mount I'm borrowing is 1.26" 20 MOA until my Hawkins 1 piece 1.27" 20 MOA mount comes in :) - Richard
Right on, thank you Sir! Might have to talk to Nick about that height Hawkins setup then...I like both but the Hawkins folks are phenomenal!

What might be in this complete ZCO package you mentioned? I'm planning on ordering a 527 mpct2 and a ZCO 20 moa mount.