• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero Fucks Given LOL, The Everyday Sniper Podcast with Mike 9mm

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

Cause this is how we roll at the Everyday Sniper

Link to Latest Episode

Mess with the best, die like a wounded deer in the woods on opening day.

Nice episode, as usual. I am with you guys on the grid/tree style reticles. I do like some variety in my collection which has pushed me to grab a few in H59 recently. Still, I'll take a P4F or MSR any day of the week and be ecstatic about it too.

I do a lot of spotting and I will admit that the grid/tree reticle such as the H59 sort of aids with that. Not a requirement by any means of course but it is very quick and thoughtless for calling corrections. The "clutter" can be un-welcomed in vegetation.

RE shooting with glasses (especially progressive lenses): don’t do it. I had the same problem faffing about with angles trying to get a sight picture. I went back to monovision contacts (right eye shooting, left eye reading). It works, except weak side gets tricky.

Give it a try!

I take it the timeline for the Prime-Ruag resolution is a big fat ?. What are some other good match ammo options out there? Berger is coming out with something soon as well as the Hornady ELD line could be temporary replacements.

The face of Dollar Shave Club.

8<
    What are some other good match ammo options out there? Berger is coming out with something soon as well as the Hornady ELD line could be temporary replacements.

My normal hand load is Berger 6.5 Creedmoor 130 gn AR Hybrid OTM @ 2875fps. I’ve been shipping Prime to my destination when I have to fly somewhere and expect to shoot more than 200 rounds, which is what I can fit in my rifle case. The Norma Golden Target 130s Prime uses have a G7 BC of 0.289 (vs. 0.287 for the Bergers) and Prime lists the speed at 2851, which I’ve verified with my LabRadar.

I’ll be exploring Federal Gold Medal Berger (GM65CRDBH130) and Berger Ammunition 6.5 Creedmore 130 grain AR Hybrid OTM Match (65-31020). They’re both already out and available online. They both use the same bullet as my load. Berger lists their speed as 2921, and Federal lists theirs as 2875, just like load. So, if Federal is actually 2875 out of my rifle, then I’ll probably just get that when I’m traveling from now on, since I’m basically buying my hand loads. I stop messing around with load development when I get to the SDs and extreme spreads of Gold Medal Match ammo.

Last edited:
    I take it the timeline for the Prime-Ruag resolution is a big fat ?. What are some other good match ammo options out there? Berger is coming out with something soon as well as the Hornady ELD line could be temporary replacements.
    Berger has come out with thier ammo and it shoots lights out. Brownells sells it and when they’re cases are on sale coupled with a 10% off and free shipping makes it an incredible deal.

Love the podcast.. love you guys..

But damn the face he is making looks like he is redding up for the Folsom Street Festival.. It is cut and all... just say'n

Reactions: Mag1c-Mik3
    Did i understand this correctly?...when Mike gets frustrated or bored at the range he sometimes likes to go skeet shooting using pieces of brass and his 22 pistol?...i had to play that back a couple times because what i am picturing in my head loos ridiculous

Reactions: Mag1c-Mik3
    Did i understand this correctly?...when Mike gets frustrated or bored at the range he sometimes likes to go skeet shooting using pieces of brass and his 22 pistol?...i had to play that back a couple times because what i am picturing in my head loos ridiculous

Yup, thats what I said. Gotta do the 1.2.3. GO kinda thing

Enjoyed the podcast -- always good, but this one was quite entertaining.