• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crispytortilla

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
I've got a glock 17 I want to trick out like a 99 civic. I want the whole deal RMR cut slide, front serrations, threaded barrel, trigger, grip reduction, stippling. These are the two companies I've found that do what I'm looking for, Zev glock works, and Salient arms. Does anybody who has had work done by either or both of these companies recommend either of them or possibly another and why? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I have a friend who had Salient do a tier 1 on his Glock 34. It is a hell of a nice pistol! But I am almost positive the bill was $2200 dollars. That's a lot of money to work on plastic.

The ZEV with the gay Gold barrel is sexy and accurate as hell, my shooting partner has one 40

I'm a big Glock fan but, like Graham said, no matter what you do it will always be a Glock. Be prepared to take it in the shorts if you ever want to sell it. I like upgrades that make them faster to shoot but I won't be spending money to put lipstick on another pig.

Reactions: MCSO1357
Understand also that a Glock was never designed to be an accurate competition target pistol. To make it competitive with a 1911 of equal expense you will have to throw away the frame.

I have a wilson combat 1911 (american muscle!!!). Im aware of how expensive what i want to do is. I have no intention of selling it ever. The reason i said trick it out like 99 civic is because i understand the limitations of a 99 civic. I know im "polishing a turd" but its what i want to do, and is not effecting my ability make other purchases that you may find more practical. With that in mind does anybody recommend one over the other and why?

Poor Glock....aside from my point of view, I think you will be happy with either. Stay away from Lone Wolf, and also do some research on mods you can do yourself with little effort. I bought extra factory parts and after a few you tube vids I had a different Glock. Just make sure you dont alter your pistol beyond repair. I myself own several Glocks, years ago I played with the internals, they now all sit stock ready to do what I say. Happy tinkering friend.

Last edited:
No matter how much money you put into it, it will always be a Glock.

If you want to invest in a custom, do a 1911.

^This. My 2 cents is that if you can't do the work on a Glock yourself, you probably shouldn't even bother. Glocks are the easiest pistols to work on with a vast supply and selection of aftermarket parts. You can get a Les Baer for $2200, and that pistol will blow your socks off.

I have bought ZEV, Lonewolf, and KKM parts in the past and installed them on my own pistols. They've worked really well and will go that route in the future. Don't pay someone to do work that you can do yourself with a few tools and Youtube.

OP said he wants an rmr slide cut and front serrations, not just bolt-ons.

Um, you mean the aftermarket slides you can buy? There's a host of places where you can buy slides with those cuts without paying $2200 for a full build. I think my slide from from LWD cost around $250 or so. Just saying, if we can save him some money, we might as well try.

Ben Simonson @ Boresight Solutions is the best in my opinion.
Have the frame work done then buy an aftermarket Zev slide and install the parts yourself.

Thanks midwestside and wyfox your responses . I'll check out boresight solutions. The part I really don't want to myself is the stippling. I can stipple its just tedious. Installing a glock trigger is super easy so I can do that myself. And obviously buying a replacement slide and installing that is easy as well. I'll take all of this into consideration and let y'all know what I end up with.

Also there is a place in Richmond VA that makes aluminum glock frames. FYI

Deleted...I made some comments agreeing with Graham, but then realized I was going off topic. I prefer Glock pistols with minimal customization. I think there are better guns to spend extensive money customizing. Having said that....

My intent wasn't to derail your thread, I realize you weren't asking for opinions on customization, rather that you were asking about two vendors. As I don't have experience with either vendor, I can't add to that.

Last edited:
I know both Zev and Salient personally. They both do great work and I think it really depends on whose looks you like best. My Glock 34 was done up by ZEV/Glockworx and I will most likely send my 27gen4 to Salient.

They are both slammed with work right now so you may have to wait a bit, but I think you will be happy with either one. Good luck.

I've got a glock 17 I want to trick out like a 99 civic. I want the whole deal RMR cut slide, front serrations, threaded barrel, trigger, grip reduction, stippling. These are the two companies I've found that do what I'm looking for, Zev glock works, and Salient arms. Does anybody who has had work done by either or both of these companies recommend either of them or possibly another and why? Thanks.

Just curious, but gen 3 or gen 4? I only ask because if it's a gen 3 I would look into the Unity Tactical ATOM slide and send the frame off to get stippled. Triggers are easy and can be done on your own.

That being said I want a Salient Tier 1 just because.

Im not sure I completely agree with this statement. I do agree that a 1911 is the gold standard but, the saying that no matter how much you put into the Glock, its still a Glock is what I do disagree with.

I would ask... Do you call a 302 Black List Saleen mustand a v6 Mustang? a V-6 Mustang will run you 20k, a tier 3 Saleen runs 60k. Far from the same thing. No one refers to a Cobra GT500 SVT Mustang as a Mustang GT.

Just as anyone with basic gun knowledge can piece together ZEV/LoneWolf/etc parts on there stock Glock... the same can be said with Bolt on parts on a Mustang.

I have a Glock 34 that I put together myself and it is nice but, my Tier 1 Salient G19 blows the doors off it. It doesnt stack up to my Brown's, NH's, or Wilsons but, It does kick the shit out of most of the other stuff.

Also... take a look at what each part costs they put on, milling, refinish, stippling, tin coatings, etc... Once you tally up all that you are going to be $1700 plus in just parts... for the $1800 they charge its not that big of a deal. Just my personal thoughts on it.

OP here is a couple that we have recently done if your not familiar with our work. Both are G17's with RMR DC Optics packages, one with our standard press check serrations and another that was done at the request of Range Time Tactical Shooting.

Boresight does awesome work on frames also BTW.

Attachments

• CIMG3328-1.jpg
    CIMG3328-1.jpg
    1,020 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Zev is real nice but you might want to check out Bowie Tactical. He does a great job as well and a super nice guy to talk too.

Talked to Salient yesterday (best hold music I have ever heard in my life by the way: "America, fuck yeah").

They said they are currently at 14-16 week build times. I would suggest sending your own glock or M&P rather than have them buy as it will save you about $200 and change. That covers their entire fire control cost...

I am still very much in the air between the two. Shot a couple g17's & g19's from both and a salient mp9... All were great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to totally agree with Graham here. By the time you buy the gun and put 2200 bucks into it you could have bought a Wilson Combat, or some other top tier 1911. I personally don't understand hot rodding a Glock, but different strokes for different folks.

I have to totally agree with Graham here. By the time you buy the gun and put 2200 bucks into it you could have bought a Wilson Combat, or some other top tier 1911. I personally don't understand hot rodding a Glock, but different strokes for different folks.

I think the point is that you can - this is America baby. However, having said that there are some practical reasons to "trick out" a Glock. I have a Tier 3 Glock 19 from Zev and love it - I also have custom .45's from Springfield Armory's custom shop, Ed Brown, and Wilson. I am a small guy and can't carry a concealed 1911 (other than my custom Springfield Armory .40 EMP) - I can however carry a concealed Glock 19. The custom Glocks by Zev and Salient are reliable, accurate, and fast...pretty much everything that you want in a small 9mm pistol. They're also fun as hell to shoot - so, while some may say kick the money towards a custom 1911 - I say a custom Glock 19 is about damn near perfect.

14630133566_6497bbe374_o.jpg

14652717272_1472c18248_o.jpg

- Mark

I think the point is that you can - this is America baby. However, having said that there are some practical reasons to "trick out" a Glock. I have a Tier 3 Glock 19 from Zev and love it - I also have custom .45's from Springfield Armory's custom shop, Ed Brown, and Wilson. I am a small guy and can't carry a concealed 1911 (other than my custom Springfield Armory .40 EMP) - I can however carry a concealed Glock 19. The custom Glocks by Zev and Salient are reliable, accurate, and fast...pretty much everything that you want in a small 9mm pistol. They're also fun as hell to shoot - so, while some may say kick the money towards a custom 1911 - I say a custom Glock 19 is about damn near perfect.

14630133566_6497bbe374_o.jpg

14652717272_1472c18248_o.jpg

- Mark
Mark, do you remember if you had any reduction done to your backstrap when you sent your Glock into Sev?

Also how do you like the stippling on the undercut? I opted not to get it done in fear it would tear up my support hand.