• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zev Technologies OZ9C Elite - looking for input

The Glock grip angle and shape are not mistakes, they are features.

There is no way I'd pay nearly 1800 bucks for a plastic pistol.

@USMC22 what is it that you want out of your current pistol. I don't mean in terms of modifications. I mean in terms of intended use.

@USMC22 what is it that you want out of your current pistol. I don't mean in terms of modifications. I mean in terms of intended use.
- Home Defense / Range Use (Mostly Sig Sauer Classes)
- Surefire X300U Light Compatible
- Trijicon RMR Compatible
- Night Sights or ability to put them on, lower 1/3 co-witness - I really like my Trijicon Sights which are black serrated rear with tritium inserts and no paint and the front sight green with tritium insert
- X-Grip, full size grip. This won’t be my concealed carry gun.
- Heavy stippling for good grip when my hands are wet (insert anything that’d make’ em wet here)
- Slide serrations preferable for slide manipulation
- Runs reliable

The Zev Tech is interesting because it’s modular, similar to the Sig P320 Fire Control Unit. The ability to swap it to a concealed carry grip would be easy and cheap. I’m hemmed and hawed about the Sig P320 and while it seems great, its just not for me. The other appeal is magazine compatibility. I’m heavily invested in glock mags. I’ll admit, I don’t have a lot of firearms but those I have I train with regularly. I usually opt to run what I have and pay for extra ammo and classes. Shooting with the red dot sight has just opened my eyes so to speak as I recently got glasses as well.

@308pirate Zev also offers a mil/leo 20% off according to their site. Pricing out frame stippling, cutting and a new gen 5 blue label glock I’m over what I’d be spending with Zev and have a quicker turn around.

- Home Defense / Range Use (Mostly Sig Sauer Classes)
- Surefire X300U Light Compatible
- Trijicon RMR Compatible
- Night Sights or ability to put them on, lower 1/3 co-witness - I really like my Trijicon Sights which are black serrated rear with tritium inserts and no paint and the front sight green with tritium insert
- X-Grip, full size grip. This won’t be my concealed carry gun.
- Heavy stippling for good grip when my hands are wet (insert anything that’d make’ em wet here)
- Slide serrations preferable for slide manipulation
- Runs reliable

The Zev Tech is interesting because it’s modular, similar to the Sig P320 Fire Control Unit. The ability to swap it to a concealed carry grip would be easy and cheap. I’m hemmed and hawed about the Sig P320 and while it seems great, its just not for me. The other appeal is magazine compatibility. I’m heavily invested in glock mags. I’ll admit, I don’t have a lot of firearms but those I have I train with regularly. I usually opt to run what I have and pay for extra ammo and classes. Shooting with the red dot sight has just opened my eyes so to speak as I recently got glasses as well.

And the pistol that we were talking about in the other thread is a what, Glock 17? Which generation?

And the pistol that we were talking about in the other thread is a what, Glock 17? Which generation?
I was looking at the Glock 19x until finding a Glock G45 blue label (gen 5, 9mm, few differences but checked the boxes)

@308pirate Zev also offers a mil/leo 20% off according to their site. Pricing out frame stippling, cutting and a new gen 5 blue label glock I’m over what I’d be spending with Zev and have a quicker turn around.

Frame stippling is a DIY thing. Go here: https://store.otdefense.com/collections/stippling-products and buy some tips and some practice strips of kydex. I recommend the Thorns tip. Very easy and fast to use and provides a very aggressive grip that is still easy on the hands.

Getting a slide milled for an optic and front serrations is less than $200 including re-heat treating with salt bath nitriding. Depending on who you go to it may be as quick as 4 weeks or as long as 10. DP Customs is doing my G17 slide (optic cut, front serrations, nitride) for $180 and 7 weeks.

ETA if you're starting with a gen 5, you don't need to pay for front serrations so your cost and lead time will be less.

Frame stippling is a DIY thing. Go here: https://store.otdefense.com/collections/stippling-products and buy some tips and some practice strips of kydex. I recommend the Thorns tip. Very easy and fast to use and provides a very aggressive grip that is still easy on the hands.

Getting a slide milled for an optic and front serrations is less than $200 including re-heat treating with salt bath nitriding. Depending on who you go to it may be as quick as 4 weeks or as long as 10. DP Customs is doing my G17 slide (optic cut, front serrations, nitride) for $180 and 7 weeks.

ETA if you're starting with a gen 5, you don't need to pay for front serrations so your cost and lead time will be less.
Thanks, I’ll look into it more. For now I need to get offline and go shoot instead of looking at new shit

Reactions: 308pirate
I got one of the early OZ-9's with the Mil discount. It shoots great but was very disappointed with the frame to slide fit. It is like a old Gov issue 1911. Sent it back and they told me it was in spec.

The Glock grip angle and shape are not mistakes, they are features.

There is no way I'd pay nearly 1800 bucks for a plastic pistol.

It depends on your training. I'm a believe that if you train with Glocks exclusively it's great. If you train with any 1911 angle pistols, you're just confusing your muscle memory.

I can draw and point and everything stacks up nicely. I draw a Glock and have to stare at the slide before I remember to rotate my wrist down. So I quit trying the Glocks and kept it consistent across my other pistols.

It depends on your training. I'm a believe that if you train with Glocks exclusively it's great. If you train with any 1911 angle pistols, you're just confusing your muscle memory.

It does depend on your training. Train enough and it doesn't matter.

I have no issue going from CZs to Glocks and back.

Thanks, I’ll look into it more. For now I need to get offline and go shoot instead of looking at new shit

I'll send you some pics of stippling I did on a G17 and G19 using the OTD thorn tip. Even without progrip the pistol is locked in if you have a correct grip and some reasonable grip strength. Normally I put silicon carbide on my competition pistols, but I don't think I need it with the thorn stipple.

Reactions: USMC22
I'll send you some pics of stippling I did on a G17 and G19 using the OTD thorn tip. Even without progrip the pistol is locked in if you have a correct grip and some reasonable grip strength. Normally I put silicon carbide on my competition pistols, but I don't think I need it with the thorn stipple.
That’d be great

I don't even know what that means, and I wouldn't buy one of those either
STI/Staccato has a plastic grip bolted onto a metal frame. Plus side is the serially controlled part is something you aren't putting a soldering iron on.

STI/Staccato has a plastic grip bolted onto a metal frame. Plus side is the serially controlled part is something you aren't putting a soldering iron on.

I put a soldering iron to the frame of every one of my plastic pistols, which is the serially controlled part. I also sand on them and sometimes smear epoxy and sprinkle 36 grit silicon carbide on it.

I don't think twice about it.

i've been disappointed in my oz9 (frame with aftermarket milled slide). trying multiple triggers and parts it's worse than my various glocks and 80%. i'd love to find a trigger/components that work as at least in concept the oz9 should be pretty nice being a little heavier and better grip angle. if uspsa would allow 80% guns in their carry optics division i sure would be shooting that vs the oz9.