• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zombie infected 5K obstacle course

Chetna

Minuteman
Jan 23, 2013
Indiana
Has anyone ever done one of these. the web site is (run for you lives .com) A couple of buddies have brought this up at work, I am in shape but only due to work. Is this going to kick a 35yr olds ass. We do intend to make it through might not have our flags though. Let me know how and for how long would you train for this, or even if you would. Just want to go out and have a good time. Thanks

I read the rules and didn't see this answered: what are the flags for exactly?
Looks ok, my broke ass won't be able to do something like this anytime soon or ever probably but I might still try it one day just to experience it. Will probably lose all my flags in the first 2 mins but should be fun.

Kinda like a flag football setup, the zombies try to grab for you flags.

It's as difficult as you want to make it. If you run the 5K all out and try to break a PR, you'll be really challenged. If you are in the later waves or are at the back of your wave, you'll be waiting at some of the obstacles to clear the traffic jam, so you'll have rest breaks. The folks playing the zombies may shuffle around, but won't go after your flags if you're waiting to clear an obstacle, there are sections of the race where they go for the flags.

It's a pretty fun race, a lot like a Warrior Dash with sections where people chase you.

And the beer at the end is always good too.

Thanks, all they young guys are all pumped up and I'm just doing it for the experience and cool factor. Who knows I might like running for a hobby.

Good luck, and have fun! Running is a great hobby, especially if you have access to some trails instead of just roads (much more boring). These adventure races are a great way to keep things fun and interesting, especially if you can get a team together.

As a fellow "old guy" (well, sort of...41), if you're starting out just go easy at first and work your way up in terms of distance / speed. I'm just getting over a 14 month bout of plantar faciitis which has had me side lined.

If you're new, I recommend going to a specialty running store and have someone who knows what they are doing watch your gait. Correctly fitted shoes will prevent a lot of injuries. A lot of stores also provide running clinics / coaching. It's worth going, you'd be amazed at how much form makes a difference too.

My wife and her sister did this race (Indiana) last year, and they're registered again for this year.. They had a blast and got filthy. As mentioned above, there were a lot of rest breaks at some of the obstacles. I say go for it. If they invite me, I'm going to do it this year.