• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zombie pandamonium!

Muskox

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2011
Sucky Kentucky
What's with all the zombie related shooting stuff. Just another market the manufactuerers are hoping to nab?

Hornady has ammo, several outfits have targets, and I think there is more junk than that.

Re: Zombie pandamonium!

Zombie movies, zombie tv shows, zombie larp (live action role playing), zombie everything. Zombies in NYC and Philly, too!

While I'm not big into zombies, vampires, or other ridiculous doomsday scenarios but I like it from a couple of reasons:
1- Hornady recognized a market and is tailoring to it
2- The zombie targets (especially the exploding/bleeding ones) help engage mall ninjas and get them actually behind a firearm rather than a joystick

While I am perfectly content in shooting flat steel plates, paper targets, and furry critters, it doesn't appeal to everyone.... until they try it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Radar86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
NKso4.jpg

Zombie fighting can be cool.
smile.gif
</div></div>

If this is what a zombie invasion brings..... Then bring it ON...

Her undies have the bio-hazard emblem so you might want to double wrap it

I am pretty sure gravity isn't the only thing that would be hitting her hard.

Its the new craze and its funny so everyone is on board!!!

I also get a kick out of it, but you hear a lot of these people talking about being prepared for this "so called zombie apocalypse" I think it is complete bullshit, but in turn good that people are thinking about being prepared for possible threats.

I myself like to be prepared for more realistic threats, but to each his own...

zombies are the new hot thing right now, all the movies and tv shows, I never got into the whole zombie thing. but people actually are now convinced that one day zombies will pop up. I think it's time for them to turn off the tv. what's next a big sale on holy water and wooded bullets for the vampire out break
confused.gif
oh wait vampires were last years big hit.
smirk.gif

I never heard of the hornady zombie ammo, I just looked it up. what is Z-max? is it the same as A-max and Critical Defense with a green tip and higher price?

To me I used the zombie prepared ideology to mean that over night things can change and its good to be ready. Years ago it was people getting ready for the "red threat". Before that the German invasion... Etc etc etc.

Until now I just used the term zombie apocalypse as a place holder for large scale issue. It could be tornado, fire, flood, gang bangers, meth heads, or ninja pirate zombie robot vampire Nazis. I don't use the term so much now as I don't need more people thinking gun owners wear armadiller hats. I like that it brings interest into the shooting community but I don't want it to make the community look like idiots either.

It's kind of like physicists talking about the black holes the LHC could create. It's not possible in the realm of reason but because its not deemed impossible the lingo creates panic.

SheepsClothes said:
To me I used the zombie prepared ideology to mean that over night things can change and its good to be ready. Years ago it was people getting ready for the "red threat". Before that the German invasion... Etc etc etc.

or coronal mass ejection caused global techtonic polar shift which follows a power grid collapse and orbital sattelite communications failure. which is immediatly preceded by a north korean first strike against a blind norad...wait what? blame the sun for the zomby hordes that ensue.

:gets armadiller hat:
I'm ready marduk! Or have the brain weevilz got to your brain all ready.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SheepsClothes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">:gets armadiller hat:
I'm ready marduk! Or have the brain weevilz got to your brain all ready. </div></div>

LOL! We have no armadillos up here, I have to settle for tinfoil...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AWZ1287</div><div class="ubbcode-body">zombies are the new hot thing right now, all the movies and tv shows, I never got into the whole zombie thing. but people actually are now convinced that one day zombies will pop up. I think it's time for them to turn off the tv. what's next a big sale on holy water and wooded bullets for the vampire out break
confused.gif
oh wait vampires were last years big hit.
smirk.gif

I never heard of the hornady zombie ammo, I just looked it up. what is Z-max? is it the same as A-max and Critical Defense with a green tip and higher price? </div></div>

That's interesting, I just found the link on another forum for the Z Max ammo:

http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

I'll look for more info on it too. Zombies are a huge market though, and it seems that everyone's tapping (no pun intended) into it.

I about shit myself when I saw all the zombie bullets. You should watch their video on the two reps trying to sell the bullets. I'll see if I can find it...

I think the whole zombie thing is just a fun topic that a lot of shooters love to think and talk about. Its easy to relate to due to the sheer volume of zombie movies out there.

If I was a Zombie I would definitely want to sink my teeth into that blond.
But I'd rather be me & sink something else.. Screw gravity she's hot.

You blokes don't know how lucky you all are to be allowed to own such things! In Australia you can basically only own bolt actions!

Im surprised at how many people take the whole zombie scenario seriously. Its popular culture. I told a fellow gun enthusiast at work that i was buying bulk ammo so i would be ready for the zombie apocalypse. He continued to scold me saying that zombies aren't real ect. I just looked at him like he was an idiot. The zombie related products, lowers, ammo, dust covers are just tapping into the satirical nature of this topic. I think its funny, maybe alittle too childish for me, but its amusing.

We all know how "factual" The History Channel is, now they have jumped on the bandwagon . . . a friend told me there was a program aired last night titled:

"Zombies: A Living History"

It presented a zombie invasion as probable. Load up with Zombie Max?

What's the world coming to?

Kevin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SheepsClothes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To me I used the zombie prepared ideology to mean that over night things can change and its good to be ready. Years ago it was people getting ready for the "red threat". Before that the German invasion... Etc etc etc.

Until now I just used the term zombie apocalypse as a place holder for large scale issue. It could be tornado, fire, flood, gang bangers, meth heads, or ninja pirate zombie robot vampire Nazis. I don't use the term so much now as I don't need more people thinking gun owners wear armadiller hats. I like that it brings interest into the shooting community but I don't want it to make the community look like idiots either. </div></div>This.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SheepsClothes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To me I used the zombie prepared ideology to mean that over night things can change and its good to be ready.... Until now I just used the term zombie apocalypse as a place holder for large scale issue. It could be tornado, fire, flood, gang bangers, meth heads, or ninja pirate zombie robot vampire Nazis.</div></div>

Ditto this. For me it means being ready in case I am stuck in a big city and riots break out. An old country boy should be ready to do what it takes to get out of the city and back to the country to survive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Until now I just used the term zombie apocalypse as a place holder for large scale issue. It could be tornado, fire, flood, gang bangers, meth heads, or ninja pirate zombie robot vampire Nazis. </div></div>

Yeah, and... for "zombies" read "Liberals". Now it makes a lot more sense! Stands to reason they'd want brains, since they don't have any.

1911fan

I tried to get a Zombie shoot at my private range for my Halloween birthday. Weather sucks this weekend and I took on a new title a work and have been too busy to get out and set up targets. I was going to get some Sureshot and set up plywood silhouettes at various range and have a get together..have to reschedule the idea. Just got my Saiga12 back from some warranty work would have been fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ktdls7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We all know how "factual" The History Channel is, now they have jumped on the bandwagon . . . a friend told me there was a program aired last night titled:

"Zombies: A Living History"

It presented a zombie invasion as probable. Load up with Zombie Max?

What's the world coming to?

Kevin </div></div>

That looks like it might be worth getting actually:

http://shop.history.com/special-presentation-zombies-dvd/detail.php?p=362334

More zombie shenanigans

lcp_zombie-tfb.jpg

"Ruger and an unknown distributor have developed the Ruger LCP Zombie Slayer. It is a standard Ruger LCP with the text "Zombie Slayer" And "LCP Z" In Neon Green with a red slash underneath. The serial numbers are prefixed with "ZOM"."

the zombie targets are actually a good idea. I was told they were started because many ranges will not allow human silhouette's, so they came up with these zombie targets to shoot at. Nice way around a problem i'd say