• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Zombieland

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    They were in serious need of a couple nice AR's. At least they had the SG's covered!

Better than I thought it may be. Reminds me of "We are Legend or whatever, Wil Smith Flick", Has me thinking of what I would do and how many rounds I should have stocked up on! LOL.

"you have a pretty mouth" classic.

The tank they passed up, I would have learned myself in short order on how to drive that!

Re: Zombieland

Rule #1 - CARDIO!! I thought that movie was funny as hell. Will be picking up the DVD.
    laugh.gif

definately funny, no way i would have kept a double barreled after looking in the back seat of the hummer

I haven't seen this movie yet and I love Zombie movies as much as the next guy but why is it that everyone in a Zombie movie seems to act like they've never seen a Zombie movie before.. I mean come on it's 2010, Zombie movies have been around for years... someone needs to write a movie based on the plot of people having seen Zombie movies.. it would be more interesting... dumb people + Zombies is so like 1970's....DUH!

RJ

I bought the DVD last night and watched it. Pretty funny stuff compared to most movies lately. The Bill Murray scene was a pleasant surprise.

Netflix is delivering this gem today...Making my girlfriend sit through this should make up for having to watch the Notebook quite nicely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richardj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't seen this movie yet and I love Zombie movies as much as the next guy but why is it that everyone in a Zombie movie seems to act like they've never seen a Zombie movie before.. I mean come on it's 2010, Zombie movies have been around for years... someone needs to write a movie based on the plot of people having seen Zombie movies.. it would be more interesting... dumb people + Zombies is so like 1970's....DUH!

RJ </div></div>

This one is a bit different in that its a comedy like "Shaun of the Dead". Bill Murray has a small but good part also

+1 sonicboom, its always nice to hear them say " Do I really have to watch this?" I saw this movie last night, it was hilarious, my favorite zombie flik is shaun of the dead. But I think it might have met its match.

I loved Zombieland! I laughed most of the way through it. I think it is almost as good as Shaun of the Dead, but not quite.

Zombieland was great. Hilarious. I love the rules, and the way they were presented and brought back up through out the movie.

One thing that I can't stand though, is that Hollywood starts to call every movie that has people turning into Monsters, "Zombies." Zombies are the walking dead, not people transformed into savages because of a decease. Those fall into the "Plague movies" category for me. Still within the survival genre but not into the Zombie category.

Shaun of the Dead! Obviously being a Brit THAT was the BEST Zombie movie ever!

Looking forward to seeing this one!

RJ

Yeah, loved Planet Terror. The whole Grindhouse deal was a fun little experiment.

Another good plague movie i recently saw was Carriers. Check it out.

i think the best zombies movies that could come close to wut i think ppl would do in a real situation is dawn of the dead and then the remake of dawn of the dead. i think some one needs to make a zombie movie based on wuth they have learned from over the years and make it as close to reality as they can get it and make it a 2 1/2 or 3 hour movie that would be awesome

Thanks, I will. Grindhouse was fantastic. Remember the "previews" in between the two movies? By the way, I like your sig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pat4668</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think the best zombies movies that could come close to wut i think ppl would do in a real situation is dawn of the dead and then the remake of dawn of the dead. i think some one needs to make a zombie movie based on wuth they have learned from over the years and make it as close to reality as they can get it and make it a 2 1/2 or 3 hour movie that would be awesome </div></div>

I agree, that would be awesome. Could be someone might have already done it. There are a million low budget zombie flicks. Not all of them are horrible either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerhawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, I will. Grindhouse was fantastic. Remember the "previews" in between the two movies? By the way, I like your sig. </div></div>

Yeah i do, I heard they were actually making the "Machete" movie. Dont know if its true or not. I should IMDB it.

Thanks, Good one too. Word to live by.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: viav13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerhawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, I will. Grindhouse was fantastic. Remember the "previews" in between the two movies? By the way, I like your sig. </div></div>

Yeah i do, I heard they were actually making the "Machete" movie. Dont know if its true or not. I should IMDB it.

Thanks, Good one too. Word to live by. </div></div>

Holy Crap they are, check the link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985694/

Be sure to check the cast. Some really big (and surprising) names in there.

Cool! I did, and I will look for that one when it comes out. I don't think Rodriguez will ever disappoint.

I just watched this movie - LOVED IT! I'm from Dallas, TX and the comment about Garland (a suburb) was priceless ("no, the zombies didn't do this ... Garland always looked this way"). The rules are great - always double tap!

Rule #33:

Don't take movie advice on the hide!
    This movie sucked!

The only part that made me laugh hard was when woody looks in the back of the hummer with the kid and opens the bag and looks up and say THANK GOD FOR REDNECKS!

Now that's funny right there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROLEXrifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rule #33:

Don't take movie advice on the hide!
    This movie sucked!

The only part that made me laugh hard was when woody looks in the back of the hummer with the kid and opens the bag and looks up and say THANK GOD FOR REDNECKS!

Now that's funny right there </div></div>

Wow, way to piss on a parade.

Guess you must have a specific sense of humor, like a Jarmusch flick or something, cause everyone I know loved this movie. Seems like everyone else on here liked it too.

no... dont take it that way. I'm a huge woody fan ( boy does that sound wrong!) Maybe I expect more from it. Over all it was OK. No Super Troopers that's for sure!

i've spent more $$ on worse!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROLEXrifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no... dont take it that way. I'm a huge woody fan ( boy does that sound wrong!) Maybe I expect more from it. Over all it was OK. No Super Troopers that's for sure!

i've spent more $$ on worse! </div></div>

Yeah, it sucks being let down on a movie when you have a certain expectation of it. You're right though, was no Super Troopers

Dawn of the Dead was better (the 1978 version). "Following an ever-growing epidemic of zombies that have risen from the dead, two Philadelphia SWAT team members, a traffic reporter, and his television-executive girlfriend seek refuge in a secluded shopping mall."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigSense</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dawn of the Dead was better (the 1978 version). "Following an ever-growing epidemic of zombies that have risen from the dead, two Philadelphia SWAT team members, a traffic reporter, and his television-executive girlfriend seek refuge in a secluded shopping mall." </div></div>

"Dawn of the Dead" was a great zombie film, a TRUE zombie film. But, as great as it is, I have never laughed once watching it. Doesn't mean it wasn't entertaining at all, just not a comedy.

"Zombieland" is a comedy, Not a horror or survival movie. If it wasnt for its name, I wouldnt even link it to zombies. But one things its got going for it... is its HILARIOUS!

So, out of curiosity, why bring up "Dawn of the Dead?"

I love this movie too, not sure which rule #'s but Cardio rule and double tap kick ass. Sorry fat kids.

Just saw this movie. LOVED it. Finally, a movie that merely sought to entertain... and succeeded. I recommend it to everyone. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

It was okay. The scene with Bill Murray was the best part of it. I thought Shaun of the Dead was better.

I loved this movie, got it on blu-ray when it came out. It is my kind of comedy, I laughed all the way through. "Fido" is also a decent zombie comedy movie IMHO in case you haven't seen it.

Big stinker. Its time I wish I could have back. Even if it was just to watch grass grow.

I enjoyed it.

Here's a refresher course on the rules.

1.Cardio
    2.The Double Tap
    3.Beware of Bathrooms
    4.Wear Seat Belts
    5.No Attachments
    6.The “Skillet”
    7.Travel Light
    8.Get a Kick Ass Partner
    9.With your Bare Hands
    10.Don’t Swing Low
    11.Use Your Foot
    12.Bounty Paper Towels
    13.Shake it Off
    14.Always carry a change of underwear
    15.Bowling Ball
    16.Opportunity Knocks
    17.Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
    18.Limber Up
    19.Break it Up
    20.It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
    21.Avoid Strip Clubs
    22.When in doubt Know your way out
    23.Zipplock
    24.Use your thumbs
    25.Shoot First
    26.A little sun screen never hurt anybody
    27.Incoming!
    28.Double-Knot your Shoes
    29.The Buddy System
    30.Pack your stain stick
    31.Check the back seat
    32.Enjoy the little things
    33.Swiss army Knife

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: El Shavewa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I enjoyed it.

Here's a refresher course on the rules.

1.Cardio
    2.The Double Tap
    3.Beware of Bathrooms
    4.Wear Seat Belts
    5.No Attachments
    6.The “Skillet”
    7.Travel Light
    8.Get a Kick Ass Partner
    9.With your Bare Hands
    10.Don’t Swing Low
    11.Use Your Foot
    12.Bounty Paper Towels
    13.Shake it Off
    14.Always carry a change of underwear
    15.Bowling Ball
    16.Opportunity Knocks
    17.Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
    18.Limber Up
    19.Break it Up
    20.It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
    21.Avoid Strip Clubs
    22.When in doubt Know your way out
    23.Zipplock
    24.Use your thumbs
    25.Shoot First
    26.A little sun screen never hurt anybody
    27.Incoming!
    28.Double-Knot your Shoes
    29.The Buddy System
    30.Pack your stain stick
    31.Check the back seat
    32.Enjoy the little things
    33.Swiss army Knife </div></div>
    <span style="color: #FF0000">New Rule
    34. Hide and Snip </span>

I thought this movie was hilarious, I've seen it multiple times and i still laugh real hard at the bill murray scene.

LMAO at a few parts. Pretty good over all I would watch it again.

For all the Zombieland fans (me being one as well) the next one is in production with original cast. I read that Woody agreed to do a second before the first one even released.

Number 1 rule of all time- Make more Zombie movies!!