• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Zombies...my .02

Sgt. 0811

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2005
Aurora, CO
Being that I am a crazy film fan when the zombie craze hit the gun hobby I was not bothered. However, as the fad started to grow, like most of us who take shooting very seriously it started to piss me off. Now, much like the fictional monster, it has spread to an epidemic. With new zombie ammunition and zombie ammo boxes to match. So, I started contimplating this subject openly without bias. Turns out I am all for the zombie thing. Why?
Being a retired Marine, and in general just a shit magnet. I believe in being ready for anything. I do not subscribe to fear or paranoia. Please don't confuse Fear and paranoia with preparedness. I am not or not be any type of dooms day hoarder, but I do believe in being ready for a worst case scenerio. "zombies" are a really light hearted way of discusing SHTF. Further more, if it helps bring new shooters into the lifestyle, more power to it. New shooters love zombie targets and its a good way to train the mind for center mass focus without an image of a real person. The shape is the same and thats what matters. The more I give this thought, the harder time I have finding the cons. Shooting is supposed to be fun and I must admit, shooting zombies is fun. I like horandys sence of humor while at the same time bringing some good product to the market, leupold and eotech are now on board with the same good quality products with a fun sin and a cheaper price tag. So, zombies bring it. Why not? I needed to loosen up a little anyway.... Forgive my spelling all i have is an ipad right now and i cant figure out the spell check thing.

Re: Zombies...my .02

As I have seen said on another forum "If you are ready for zombies, you are ready for anything"

It looks enough like a silly game to make it hard for the antis to say anything bad about it.

WTF ! So Zombies ain't real ?

Damm I've been hoarding my anti Zombie gear for years . Even the kids have been taught escape and evasion tactics un the event of large scale Zombie invasion ....

If the zombies come, I want Milla Jovovich watching my back. Plan to be the guy wearing cowboy hat sitting on a roof top LOL

Kinda' my mentality...anything that gets more people shooting, especially the younger generation, is a good thing. Fun, reactive targets and gear that get them out from in front of their game consoles is a positive in my book.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simo Hayha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the zombies come, I want Milla Jovovich watching my back. Plan to be the guy wearing cowboy hat sitting on a roof top LOL </div></div>

Shit... Dont be the dude with the Cowboy hat! Didnt he die on Eiffel tower?
smile.gif

If you want Zombies.....There are plenty of them shuffling around, staring into their phone at mall!

I am for anything thing that brings new shooters into the ranks. I think the kids enjoy the zombie craze so I say let them have fun.

You guys should try cruising around south central LA sometime on a friday night.

Zombies commonly seen.