• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

"Garand thumb" and FX air rifles on Youstubes.

It would have been a lot more "informational" if they'd at least given the model of the rifle. I'm guessing it's the Panthera.

I'd not get rid of my .22s but after seeing how these modern air rifles perform at several NRL22X matches I'd love to have one.

I'd not get rid of my .22s but after seeing how these modern air rifles perform at several NRL22X matches I'd love to have one.

As someone who owns multiple airguns, I would never fully replace .22's with them.

Why? Because airguns are fickle as fuck. If you so much as look at them wrong they will leak on you. The air systems are generally complicated and rely on numerous seals and regulators to contain very high pressures. They will fail. The compressors that are used to fill these systems aren't great on reliability either.

Airguns have their place. Pellets are very cheap and easy to obtain. In some places they are legal to shoot and use where regular firearms aren't. They can maintain incredible ES/SD and great precision.

They can certainly compliment .22's, but they are definitely not a replacement for .22's.

As someone who owns multiple airguns, I would never fully replace .22's with them.

Why? Because airguns are fickle as fuck. If you so much as look at them wrong they will leak on you. The air systems are generally complicated and rely on numerous seals and regulators to contain very high pressures. They will fail. The compressors that are used to fill these systems aren't great on reliability either.

Airguns have their place. Pellets are very cheap and easy to obtain. In some places they are legal to shoot and use where regular firearms aren't. They can maintain incredible ES/SD and great precision.

They can certainly compliment .22's, but they are definitely not a replacement for .22's.
I don't know if I can agree with that.

They do require to be taken care of, but then so does a rimfire.....doubt me, don't clean your 10/22 in 500 rounds and tell me it is not fickle, or pick an ammo type "it does not like".

In all my years of playing with them I have had one failure, the valve at the end leaked. $5 and it was back in service....and I really like that little thing, 2k fill and just fun to shoot.

As to the compressor, again I have the worst thing on the planet.

1684753152416.png

All I have done with this thing is change the oil. It is slow and LOUD AS ALL FUCK. But is just keeps running. For a long time I kept a log on the thing with dates and runtimes. Had a number in my head on the costs of filling my tanks, and just used that as the even point. It got well past that and I just quit keeping track, that was a few years ago.