• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

“Most Rigid” 700 footprint action?

obx22

Troubleshooter
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2020
N.C.
With the current trend to longer/heavier free-floated barrels, does action flex become an issue?

That’s an interesting question to ponder, I don’t think it would have that much effect since the tenons are sort of close to centerfire stuff and I haven’t heard of action flex.

Now something like a CZ or similar with a long heavy barrel mine have flex issue since they aren’t using tension in the same way as a treaded barrel.

Reactions: obx22
I have a Remington 40X & a Vudoo V22S. Both have very solid action & I doubt if action flex is ever a factor with these.

That’s an interesting question to ponder, I don’t think it would have that much effect since the tenons are sort of close to centerfire stuff and I haven’t heard of action flex.

Now something like a CZ or similar with a long heavy barrel mine have flex issue since they aren’t using tension in the same way as a treaded barrel.
The latest CZ would be an interesting question, as the receiver is the same 30mm ish diameter as the 455, same tenon length (or so I’ve read), yet is shaved on the sides and something like an inch shorter? Both can be converted from.22LR to .22Mag.
To my mind, an action geared towards .22LR with a shorter ejection port should be stiffer than say one capable of cycling .22Mag, I know the CZ452 series have enviable reputations for accuracy and were cartridge specific actions.
I shoot a 40XB heavy, 40X mid weight, a B14-R, and was considering a Vudoo/Rim-X/Deuce, which all have their fans.
The trend towards longer heavier pipes just had me wondering.