• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 🔴 Scope Specs Table: Under $500 | 6-24x / 5-30x / 4-20x | 10y-Side Parallax | Exposed Turrets | Holdoff Reticle

JungleShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2019
Lima, PERU
🔴 Scope Specs Table: Under $500 | 6-24x / 5-30x / 4-20x | 10y-Side Parallax | Exposed Turrets | Holdoff Reticle

I was looking for a scope for around $500, and was simply overwhelmed by all the options.... 😵

Scribbling down notes about this scope and that scope, this feature and that, it got really confusing, because a scope can have so many variables! It's fascinating!

Anyhow, I ended up choosing a more organized approach, a Scope Specs Table where I noted the features and specs that were important to me.

Now I had a tool to make quick comparisons between scopes, and figure out what I was willing to trade off.
There are over 70 scopes that fulfill the requirements described above.

Maybe there's some others for who this Scope Specs Table could be helpful. It's attached below as PDF. 👍

Matthias

❌ Attachment: Scope Specs Table 6-24x / 5-30x / 4-20x

Attachments

• SCOPE Specs Table. For 6-24x (5-25x) or 5-30x or 4-20x Scopes. SH.pdf
    258.5 KB · Views: 175
The real question is which one won?

I recently purchased the newly released Athlon Helos 4-20x50 for my 22LR. It has 10yd parallax, Exposed locking turrets, good reticle, and I got mine from Cameraland for just over $500. Sounds like I was on the same hunt as you and I have to say, I am really happy with it. So much so that I bought a second one already.

Nice list, thanks for putting in the work, you are the right kind of weird.
The real question is which one won?

I recently purchased the newly released Athlon Helos 4-20x50 for my 22LR. It has 10yd parallax, Exposed locking turrets, good reticle, and I got mine from Cameraland for just over $500. Sounds like I was on the same hunt as you and I have to say, I am really happy with it. So much so that I bought a second one already.
The best scopes are usually the ones that are on closeout from prior years. @koshkin is good about pointing these out from time to time, for example I picked up a Steiner 4-16x P4Xi from @gr8fuldoug at CameraLandNY and it has been lights out.

Chutinland,

that scope you got there is on my to-do-list to check out and include in the table! I've heard very good things about it! $500 is a great deal. Congrats! 👍🏼

Nice list, thanks for putting in the work, you are the right kind of weird.

Colorado S14,

now that's a compliment if I ever heard one! 🤣 👍🏼

Thanks, 😄
Matthias

Reactions: Colorado S14