• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 0MIL or 6MIL Spuhr Mount for Zero Compromise 527?

DennisT

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2018
Hi,

I’m about to buy a ZCO527 and am wondering what Spuhr Mount to go for, the 0MIL or the 6MIL version (so the SP-6001 or the SP-6601).
I am shooting the old 6.5x55 SKAN and need to go 6MIL up to reach approx. 700 meters. I am shooting from 50-1300 meters, but mostly in the 200-800 meter region.
What to choose?

Also what Tenebraex flip up covers (with threaded assembly ring for the objective) is a perfect match for the scope - I can’t seem to find the info. Please give the exact item numbers to buy.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards
Dennis

a 0 would suffice but you arent getting your moneys worth - you could go 40 moa with a 6mm , get 100 zero and get a long ways out with max usage

Reactions: Ryan.Johnson
With a 20MOA rail and the 20MOA spur you’ll have approx 5 mils left of down elevation

Yes ...40 MOA total is an optimum setting and what we recommend 95 % of the time. Tenebraex flip up covers are available though any of our dealers give them a shout !
Thank you for your support and feel free to call 208 435 4000

20moa would suffice for most applications, but 40moa would maximize the usable range on your ZCO.
If using 40moa rail, remember to store the scope with turrets dialed up about 10mils so it is about centered during storage.

Reactions: Habu34
20moa would suffice for most applications, but 40moa would maximize the usable range on your ZCO.
If using 40moa rail, remember to store the scope with turrets dialed up about 10mils so it is about centered during storage.

@[email protected] .....any truth to this man's statement regarding centering the turret for storage?

Reactions: CBeck
Hi,

thanks for your input. 6 MIL it is then.

The reasoning behind my questions is the expectation, that the scope is delivering the best optical performance when the erector tube is centered in the scope - which is why I posted the distances I typically shoot.
I also expect adjusting the erector tube to the extremes will have a bad influence on optical performance, which is why I am not fond of the idea of using a 16MIL scope base.

My expectations might not be true though! Maybe ZCO can give a good explanation?

best regards

@DennisT You'll not see a degradation of the optics when off center. This is part of the benefit of our larger main tube, we used larger internal lens elements that really help out during this situation. You can be at the very extreme ends of adjustment and still have that excellent edge to edge clarity you'd expect if the erector was centered. I personally use a total of 40 MOA between base and mount.

@Huskydriver Our scopes will be just fine if storing your rifle that way. But, I guess I'd personally center up the erector if I knew I wasn't going to be using it for over a year or more. Mostly out of my own habits though.