• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1:7" twist in 6.5mm...what's it for?

I’m glad to finally see some people that have good experience with a 1:7 twist 6.5CM. I got hooked on long range shooting last year so over the winter I built a rem700 with a 26”, 1:7 Douglas barrel. I’ve been sweating the decision wondering if I messed up choosing a faster twist. On a good note, I have a good supply of Hornady 140gr American Gunners that I used for barrel break in and I have to say I was fairly impressed. I got lucky and just found a couple boxes of 150SMK’s so soon as I get some decent weather I’ll post the results.

I’m glad to finally see some people that have good experience with a 1:7 twist 6.5CM. I got hooked on long range shooting last year so over the winter I built a rem700 with a 26”, 1:7 Douglas barrel. I’ve been sweating the decision wondering if I messed up choosing a faster twist. On a good note, I have a good supply of Hornady 140gr American Gunners that I used for barrel break in and I have to say I was fairly impressed. I got lucky and just found a couple boxes of 150SMK’s so soon as I get some decent weather I’ll post the results.
Hey Im just into Long Range shooting about 1 year. If you were going to build one in 6.5 PRC what twist would you get for 143 gr to 147 gr? and how long of barrel? Thanks Im currently shooting a Rem 700 PCR in 6.5 CM and a 6.5 PRC. I wanting to build a custom with a Borden action and BRUX barrel.

Hey Im just into Long Range shooting about 1 year. If you were going to build one in 6.5 PRC what twist would you get for 143 gr to 147 gr? and how long of barrel? Thanks Im currently shooting a Rem 700 PCR in 6.5 CM and a 6.5 PRC. I wanting to build a custom with a Borden action and BRUX barrel.
28”
1-8 is what I would do with those bullets.