• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$1.9B in Marijuana Siezed

vinniedelpino

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Charlotte NC
    $1.9B In Marijuana Siezed

Did anyone see this? How does the math work here?

If the average wholesale price of a pound of medical marijuana is $1900, and they seized 33,480lbs that works out to $63m. If we assume they're calculating the value at retail of $60 per 1/8oz (the highest end of the spectrum courtesy of google) that would yield $257m. Even if we include a value of $100 per immature plant, which would be absurd, that still brings us to less than $300m

This might be a great article to share with your stoner, libtard neighbors that don't believe in fake news. Just saying.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
    You're right, the math doesn't work out. It could be that they are counting the entire lot of confiscated items to include "Nearly 375,000 marijuana plants and 33,480 pounds of harvested marijuana were seized, along with 65 vehicles, 180 animals and $28,000."

Way back in the day a friend of mine who dabbled in smoking marijuana occasionally decided to grow a plant in his closet to "see if he could". I dont recall how he got caught. I thing the landlord found or smelled it or something. Anyway, the cops weighed it in the pot it was in and counted the drug weight as the pot, dirt, and plant. So he got fucked pretty hard by the system for a plant with no smokable weed on it.

$1.9B In Marijuana Siezed

Did anyone see this? How does the math work here?

If the average wholesale price of a pound of medical marijuana is $1900, and they seized 33,480lbs that works out to $63m. If we assume they're calculating the value at retail of $60 per 1/8oz (the highest end of the spectrum courtesy of google) that would yield $257m. Even if we include a value of $100 per immature plant, which would be absurd, that still brings us to less than $300m

This might be a great article to share with your stoner, libtard neighbors that don't believe in fake news. Just saying.
    Yeah, its complete BS but typical.

Reactions: Plinker 73
    Facts? We don't need facts... We need outrage!

I too did the math and can't get much past $300 million in any rational scenario.

When California moved from Medical to Legal they made growing a misdemeanor with a $500 fine regardless of quantity. (I voted no on the legalization as it was a set up for a shitshow - decriminalization is the way to go.) With that, cartels and others have set up a series of massive grows in the high desert regions of SoCal. If a bust happens, its $500 for most involved and they go set up somewhere else. Neighboring SB County is serving 6-8 warrants per week in the high desert - many at grows run by armed cartel affiliates. They are finding bulldozers, large water trucks and other equipment along with plants by the ton.

There was another post some months ago that questioned the value of another drug bust.

They don't get questioned on these types of busts.

I too did the math and can't get much past $300 million in any rational scenario.

When California moved from Medical to Legal they made growing a misdemeanor with a $500 fine regardless of quantity. (I voted no on the legalization as it was a set up for a shitshow - decriminalization is the way to go.) With that, cartels and others have set up a series of massive grows in the high desert regions of SoCal. If a bust happens, its $500 for most involved and they go set up somewhere else. Neighboring SB County is serving 6-8 warrants per week in the high desert - many at grows run by armed cartel affiliates. They are finding bulldozers, large water trucks and other equipment along with plants by the ton.
    If that's the case, why 22 felony arrests?

That's insane, but kind of expected from CA, no?

If that's the case, why 22 felony arrests?
    Could have had something to do with the weapons seized? Or maybe the 180 "rescued" animals?

I feel like we need a little more clarification there. What the hell do 180 animals have to do with a $1.9B (>$300m) grow operation?

Were they plowing their fields with mules or something?

1625767942377.png

Could have had something to do with the weapons seized? Or maybe the 180 "rescued" animals?

I feel like we need a little more clarification there. What the hell do 180 animals have to do with a $1.9B (>$300m) grow operation?

View attachment 7664150
    If they were fighting chickens or dogs, they could be worth some big $$

View attachment 7664150

That's not much of a gun collection. A few NFA items need to be added to even think about being impressive.

View attachment 7664150
    No idea on the animals - comfort sheep?
    It was a sweep of over 100 sites as I understand and many site may have a guard dog or 5. (Just speculation on my part.)
    I know on the San Bernardino County side of the high desert they've used bulldozers to clear and level the terrain. I know some people involved in the SB County issues (County Sup and an attorney involved in the matters) and, while most of those caught get the misdemeanor, the felony charges are generally related to firearms, theft of water, etc. The water theft is a huge issue with grows in the area estimated to be stealing around 5 million gallons a day (though that number could use the same "math" as the street value of the weed).

Either way its nothing but Whack-A-Mole. Take one down and two more pop up in no time.

Live resin can be that expensive but probably that’s not the case here, that would be ridiculous

Maybe the cop studied 'New Math'?

Is the infamous "street value", no one can ever find that street though.

• Haha
    Reactions: Herb Stoner
    I'm not impressed either. But there's the potential for quite a few felonies on that table.
    We’re talking California, all those 10+ rnd magazines are felonies, and only legal guns on that table (if purchased legally) are the shotguns. The others look like they would be SBRs and/or unregistered assault rifles. Pretty sure the cartel doesn’t have maglocks on any of those to make them fixed magazines.

View attachment 7664150
    Holy shit, that's 1.9 billion just in ammo!

• Haha
    Reactions: Doc68
    Live resin can be that expensive but probably that’s not the case here, that would be ridiculous
    Definitely didn’t strike me as the live resin connoisseur types 🤣

Reactions: M7rtim
    OK somebody help me out here, I'm not understanding: if it is legal to grow it in California (with permits) and it is legal to purchase, then what is the reason for growing it illegally there?

I read an article just a month ago where they were beginning to turn vineyards into grow farms as it is more lucrative now that it is legal.

OK somebody help me out here, I'm not understanding: if it is legal to grow it in California (with permits) and it is legal to purchase, then what is the reason for growing it illegally there?

I read an article just a month ago where they were beginning to turn vineyards into grow farms as it is more lucrative now that it is legal.
    Money. Black market bud is tax free.

$60 an 1/8 for medical grade grass is a fucking joke. Try $150-160

All else aside,

Fuck the Cartels.

Citizens need to find these houses and liberate stuff a head ov eff bee eye.

You get closer if you dont try to count by the pound.
    It’s pretty common for the media to ”estimate” the value in personal-use amounts. Or the total after it’s sold on the street to the end-user. If sold by the gram, it would equal…..

Quite simply, all the black market weed from the west coast goes to the east coast. It is worth 3x to 4x on the east coast where it is still illegal.....

Licensing is in the 100k range for a big grow. Then to be legal you have to get your shit tested for pesticides which is costly. The animals were probably a bunch of pitbulls to guard the shit.

I’d nullify

But Im all into freedom and crazy stuff like the bill of rights

Honestly if we cleaned the shitholes like CA, NY, NJ, DC, TX, MA this country would be much better