• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1 deep tissue massage increased endurance 1,000%

freerangevoter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2011
North Idaho
I had my first massage after giving up on my MD for tightness in the chest and lack of stamina on the treadmill. I was jogging at 5.5 MPH for 2-3 minutes, walking for 30-60 seconds and then jogging again for 2-3 for 15 minutes total as my wife kicked my ass on the machine next to me.
She's had me on a Paleo Diet of bacon, eggs, steak, veggies for 3 weeks (zero grains or processed food) and I've lost 13 lbs, but gotten no better at running or swimming. It was almost painful to get my heart up past 135 BPM.
After the massage last night, I ran a full 20 minutes at 5.5, then 6, then 6.5 MPH with my HR at 145-150. Then cranked it to 8 MPH for another minute and stopped so I wouldn't be too sore in the morning. I ended with my HR at 170 which I haven't seen since I quit racing Motocross 4 years ago.
There is something to this "loosening up the connective tissue" business, for sure!

Re: 1 deep tissue massage increased endurance 1,000%

Facial release is a big factor in muscle performance as well as growth , get a good foam roller and use that a few time s a week , i use this one and LOVE , it has saved me thousands in getting massages all the time. I still get a few full body deep tissue massages a year but not nearly as many are needed
http://www.power-systems.com/p-4910-rumble-roller.aspx

And if the massage has a "happy Ending" the outcome would be even better.

.placebo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And if the massage has a "happy Ending" the outcome would be even better.

.placebo </div></div>

and..

"Facial release"

You two, I tell ya...
wink.gif

Another vote for the rumble roller. Love that thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And if the massage has a "happy Ending" the outcome would be even better.

.placebo </div></div>

and..

"Facial release"

You two, I tell ya...
wink.gif

Another vote for the rumble roller. Love that thing. </div></div>

Well i was actuly talking about "Mayofacial release" but their other could releave some stress as well

<span style="text-decoration: underline">"Fascia"</span> is the soft tissue component of the connective tissue that provides support and protection for most structures within the human body, including muscle. This soft tissue can become restricted due to psychogenic disease, overuse, trauma, infectious agents, or inactivity, often resulting in pain, muscle tension, and corresponding diminished blood flow. Although fascia and its corresponding muscle are the main targets of myofascial release, other tissue may be affected as well, including other connective tissue.
As in most tissue, irritation of fascia or muscle causes local inflammation. Chronic inflammation results in fibrosis, or thickening of the connective tissue, and this thickening causes pain and irritation, resulting in reflexive muscle tension that causes more inflammation. In this way, the cycle creates a positive feedback loop and can result in ischemia and somatic dysfunction even in the absence of the original offending agent. Myofascial techniques aim to break this cycle through a variety of methods acting on multiple stages of the cycle

U mean Myofascial

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">U mean Myofascial </div></div>

Yep unless you use mayonnaise as a massage lotion
grin.gif