• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes +1 Meuller Tac +1

Genin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2004
Williamsport, Pa
Hey Guys,
Having seen many people speaking of Meuller scopes recently I decided I would let you know my judgements on my Meuller Tac scope. I zero'd the scope on my rifle at 100yards a couple months ago and have gone to the range multiple times with absolutely no zero shift (holds well). It also dials very well and consistently, by that I mean it hits where I dial and point it. I have done the box test and it gave my what I consider great results (I am not using a micrometer or getting super anal with my measurements). Sorry I don't have any shots of the box test, etc. just thought I'd let you guys know that this is a great clear scope for the money!

002-1.jpg

Re: +1 Meuller Tac +1

you guys have different muellers, genin has a 1" and cpt has a 30mm tube. knobs are different. but hey i hope its not the scope, i wanted one myself

genin, nice rig. glad to hear first hand about the scope. most people in cpt's thread had written it off, and it may have issues, but if not, its my next choice for a tryout

cpt. that sucks if your scope isn't working. We have slightly different models.

Axeman,
Thanks. I love my rifle and it definately deserves top notch glass but while I am saving for that I am definately loving this budget buy. It really works great! I let you know it holds up over many rounds of abuse.

Cpt. Have you contacted Mueller for customer support ? I'm sure they would be able to check the scope out for you.

Due to the money situations... the new Mueller Tactical 30mm was going to probably be my next purchase in optics. I would like to hear more on the details of how it functioned.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im glad your mueller works. Im not sure if mine does.
wink.gif
</div></div>

If you are having any issues, contact the people where you purchased it and see what they say about it. If nothing there, contact Mueller directly.

DK

I love my APT. Cpt, maybe you got a lemon? Talk to a mueller rep and see what they can do about it.

Whats the price on the mueller tac? It has a 3omm tube? Mil dot?

maybe Ill get one for my 308 build.

hey z71, i wrote a review of the APT not too long ago...and to shay, the apt is plenty sufficent for a .308. i have one on mine. performs great.

Hey seaaggie... got a link for the review??

I know I know... use the search function and read. Got it.

DK

Found the review and subsequent chatting about the scope. It has me intrigued to say the least. I especially like the looks of the scope with the sunshade you have on it. Very nice indeed.

I won't have anything less than the 30MM tube, and the exposed turrent are right up my alley. I think I might be sold on one!!

Does the scope cover turn when the sunshade turns to adjust for the yardage?? Thanks for the review too!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the price on the mueller tac? It has a 3omm tube? Mil dot?
maybe Ill get one for my 308 build. </div></div>
Oh, come on! Look it up. Don't make somebody do your homework for you. I bet you'd search harder for pictures of boobies.

There are several Tac models, the top of the line being the Tac-2. An excellent scope, very good glass, decent power (3-10) and repeatable clicks.

Hey Zrat,

I put the new Mueller 4.5-14APT on my mauser and ive got to say it is a nice scope for the money. If you dont mind not having a side focus there good to go. Mine was clear had 84.75 moa ele and 92 moa windage. Very nice budget optic IMHO. Muellers costomer service is a huge plus as well. They take care of there ppl.

Howdy

Howdy,

I have been looking at scopes from various angles and costs and options. I really think that the APT is one of the best scope values out there from what I have seen. I got to look at one first hand last weekend, and I have to say that they are SUPER nice for less than $150.

From what funds that I will be able to throw at some glass, I am pretty well settled on the APT. The glass will have to wait for just a little while longer though, just because I have some things that will be done to the rifle itself first.

Thanks for everyone's opinions and reviews of this scope. It is greatly appreciated!!

DK

Cool! I picked up one of these in a trade and haven't even taken it out of the box yet.... Was planning on using it on my .22LR trainer, but if it's all that it just may find it's way to a higher power host!

I've got a Mueller APV on my 10/22 and absolutely love it.

I had an APT for about 2 weeks (the 4-16x40 AO w/ 30mm tube). I purchased it to go on my .22 bolt gun (a marlin 880SS). I was very impressed with the quality of the glass. I ran several box tests and it had no problems tracking. I ended up returning it (to midway which offered great customer service) because after I zeroed it I couldn't get the damn elevation turret off to set the turret to zero.

I'm actually am looking to purchase another scope for a 17hmr that I just purchased for my younger brother. I'm looking at either the vortex crossfire that SWFA has for $100 (currently backordered) or another APT. I definitely believe the scope was a great bang for the buck scope and I just got a lemmon w/ a messed up knob. I ended up getting a konus M30 4.5-16x40 for my 22... I love the scope... I wish the turrets were 1/4 moa instead of 1/8 moa (but I can deal with it... as otherwise the turrets have a great feel and the scope has great glass and features for the $250 I paid for it).