• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 barrel replacement

beretta_man11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
MS
I am looking to replace the barrel on my 10/22. What brand barrel should I be looking for and what kind of accurracy can I expect?

Re: 10/22 barrel replacement

KID Match Barrel for Ruger 10/22
KIDBarrel_LRG.jpg

http://coolguyguns.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=5

Best deal going on a quality barrel.
Accuracy depends on other components in the rifle as well, but I would think that 1/2 inch groups @ 50 yards to be easily doable...

Shilen or Lilja.

Both of them are accuracy.

The KID starts as a Lothar Walther blank just like Jim Clark's, and Volquartsens; the bore is lapped to a .001-.002" taper.
With good ammo these shoot easily under 1/2" @50yd, often spectacularly better. About as good as you can get.
When they ran a special last year for $160, I bought three on general principles; my son hasn't regretted it.

Anybody heard of the Shooter's Ridge barrel in Cabelas for $149 stainless. They say .5" @50yds.

Pretty typical groups from my KID-barreled 10/22. Shot outside, at 100 yards, 5-7ish mph changing quartering winds.

ontarget1.jpg

ontarget2.jpg

Mine (and adj v-block) is from RimfireTechnologies. Rivals my 452 and MKII on good ammo (steady 90-95 scores), yet still can eat cheap Fed bulk (handy for racing golf balls and such).

I went with the Kidd and have been very happy with it.
Shoots just about everything I have put through it in the .4's at 50 and that is working with the stock (crap) trigger I still have in the gun...