• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

10/22 build

Re: 10/22 build

Shilen barrels are excellent barrels. I have 2 on 10/22's. 1 on a 22lr and one on a magnum. Super workmanship and can't be beat for the price.

I've heard really good things about Kidd...

My best shooting 10/22 has an E.R. Shaw barrel. It was a special Boyd's Stocks was running a few years ago. I haven't shopped 10/22 barrels lately but give the Shaws a looksee too.

Every part of my 10/22 except the stock is Kidd. It is the most accurate .22lr I have ever shot. I don't think he can be beat.

And if you ask real nice he will put it together for you.
wink.gif

There are a lot of 10/22 target barrels on the market, and for the most part, accuracy difference are not enormous. Additionally, a lot of names appear on the packaging, but I'd not be surprised to discover a large proportion of them originate from L-W.

I've built a number of 10/22's and for the money, I think there are some good shooting bargains out there. For a starter, I suggest the Butler Creek barrel/stock Combo Package which, as you can see from the link, has some significant price variances.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bucketofguts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lothar walther Phone: 770-889-9998
</div></div>

Thats a Kidd........ Well there rifled by lothar and chambered by Tony Kidd. By far the BEST 10/22 barrel I have ever owned, and I have had a bunch. They shoot pretty much anything and just flat run.

I agree with the above members who have recommend KIDD barrels. After several hours of research I decided on a KIDD match barrel in 16.5" with a threaded muzzle. It is not only the best finished barrel I own, but the most accurate 22 barrel I've ever shot. They are worth every penny. I also used KIDD's trigger group, scalloped bolt, and charging handle. Arguably the best 22 parts made.

If a budget barrel is what you are looking for, ER Shaw and Green Mtn. barrels are good buys for the money.

I have a 10/22 Ruger. Only the action is original. It's great with Kidd Trigger,bolt and mag release.Stock from shooterws Int'l
NF scope, TIS sling, Harris bi pod w/ pod claws. IT's a .5" at 50 yards. Good lock

The difference in the Kidd and most of the other high end tubes is that his will run..... with a variety of ammo, and shoot nearly everything well.

If you can afford it, It'd be the one I'd roll. Otherwise, the GM's are pretty good for the money.

Plenty of farm land around
wink.gif

As far as public ranges, I think Wilmore has like a 300yd range or so, but I'm sure you have to wade through some red tape and pay the tax to use it. I only shoot pistols down there.....

I don't usually venture that far south, so honestly I don't know much of whats going on in your region. How far are you from Mammoth and that big new range they just built there? They might have something....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: landtech308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thx guys for the info whre is good place to get a kidd</div></div>

www.coolguyguns.com

That's Tony's site. Don't think he has any other distributors/retailers, or at least that I know of. I've always bought directly from him.

pretty far from rockastle shooting center but diying to get out there and check it out though.if im not mistake they have steel sillouette range