• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 Build

Heffay

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2020
I am just getting started on NRL22 matches, and also new to this forum. Looking for recommendations for barreled actions (or combo of parts) to drop into a Titan22 stock. Does anyone like Thompson Center's Performance Center stuff? It looks like they don't sell their parts separately, but the Hogue Stock could easily be dropped for the Titan22. I also looked at Kidd's parts, but I don't see a receiver being offered, plus get's a little pricey when you add it all up. I am currently shooting a Ruger Custom Shop Competition 10/22 with their Barracuda Lam Stock. I don't love the stock, and Victor Co says the Titan22 won't fit my receiver with the add rear bedding tang. Thanks for your advice.

I am just getting started on NRL22 matches, and also new to this forum. Looking for recommendations for barreled actions (or combo of parts) to drop into a Titan22 stock. Does anyone like Thompson Center's Performance Center stuff? It looks like they don't sell their parts separately, but the Hogue Stock could easily be dropped for the Titan22. I also looked at Kidd's parts, but I don't see a receiver being offered, plus get's a little pricey when you add it all up. I am currently shooting a Ruger Custom Shop Competition 10/22 with their Barracuda Lam Stock. I don't love the stock, and Victor Co says the Titan22 won't fit my receiver with the add rear bedding tang. Thanks for your advice.

Just remove the 10/22 competition stock rear tang. That's what I did when I stuck mine in the MDT Oryx.

Reactions: Heffay
Just remove the 10/22 competition stock rear tang. That's what I did when I stuck mine in the MDT Oryx.

Thanks. Did you do anything to bed the rear of the receiver? Or are you just running it with the main front action screw?

I know the Kidd stuff is pricey but there is a reason for that. It is phenomenal. I went Kidd bolt/barrel/trigger in a standard Ruger action and the results have been exceptional. I have a Titan on another 10/22 (suppressed) and like it a lot but the Kidd build is in a McRees chassis. Fit is perfect. If you get one thing from Kidd ... make it the 2 stage trigger.

Kidd definitely makes receivers. I have a full Kidd build that is phenomenal. I have the single stage trigger (my preference) and I love it. That said I've thought about getting a chassis for it but right now it's not very high on my priority list.

Reactions: Heffay
I reviewed a Performance Center TCR-22 in the laminate stock last year and it shot well, the only thing that I didn't like about it was that they did nothing with the trigger unit, it had the same heavy trigger pull as their standard TCR-22. That can be remedied pretty easily and the receiver is built hell for stout that is cross compatible with many Ruger 10/22 parts. Overall, the rifle shot well with various kinds of ammo and I had no issues taking it out to 300 yards. For a NRL22 match I think it's a good start that will allow you to upgrade as you go along.

Thanks. Did you do anything to bed the rear of the receiver? Or are you just running it with the main front action screw?

The MDT Oryx 10/22 has a rear clamp to basically bed/tighten the rear.

1594058276654.png

1594058294448.png

Kidd definitely makes receivers. I have a full Kidd build that is phenomenal. I have the single stage trigger (my preference) and I love it. That said I've thought about getting a chassis for it but right now it's not very high on my priority list.

Love my Kidd build and Im also running the single stage trigger and it is as good as 10/22 triggers get.

Reactions: alamo5000
For the money, you're unlikely to get a better barrel (and you won't get a better trigger) than a Kidd. My latest build is running a Kidd barrel/bolt in a Feddersen action. With SK Rifle Match it holds a consistent sub moa at 100 yards (so says Ballistic-X). For a 10/22, you just can't do much better than Kidd's stuff. You can buy other things, but you'll end up trying Kidd eventually. Buy once, cry once.

Ditto. I hear a number of people raving about Volquartsen but I personally (at the time) went and compared 10/22 triggers side by side and in my view it wasn't even close. It's not that I didn't like Volquartsen, I just liked Kidd that much better. Maybe I didn't get to handle all that they had to offer (who knows?) but after doing a side by side comparison I went with Kidd for the 10/22.

That said I have a Volquartsen pistol on my very short list. As far as I know Volquartsen is unchallenged in the rimfire pistol space...but on 10/22's Kidd is king in my book.

Reactions: Tortuga

The Titan will also index in back of the trigger group. I built a few 10/22's from blank receivers but you have a receiver, though it's fun to start from scratch. Lots and Lots of info on 10/22's on rimfire central. Personally I'd put a feddersen barrel on your receiver, though my green mountain shoots just as well, titan or oryx stock, either get a kidd trigger or have Brimstone make the stock one better. http://brimstonegunsmithing.com/tier-3-basic-ruger-10-22-trigger-work/

I love the Kidd SG with single stage trigger and if you have no problem spending the cash it will make you very happy.

I've built several 10/22s from scratch over the years. A lot of good aftermarket parts. Tactical solutions Stainless receiver Is one of the best. Kid has the trigger without doubt and their other receiver parts are hard to beat. Too many stocks too even talk about but barrels, for my money there's only one. Shilen! They offer a 20in .900 straight taper drop in 10/22 barrel that will outshoot anything out there!

Attachments

• IMG_1707.JPG
    IMG_1707.JPG
    691.5 KB · Views: 27
I have had several 10/22's. Currently have a stock 10/22 action with a Kidd bolt/guide rod springs, Brimstone tier 2 trigger and 12" Feddersen.

You first mod should be the trigger, all of mine were sent to BS.

I got a complete Kidd Supergrade barreled action with Kidd 2 stage trigger. I put it in a Titan stock with Titan's rear action. I sold my built 10-22. Why are you reworking your current 10-22? you could get a Kidd action and put in the Titan stock with Titan rear anchor. Sell your action and stock. The 10-22 can be a deep rabbit hole to go down, you can put a ton of money into them. Have you looked at a bolt gun?
Mark

If you opt for an alloy receiver, I’d recommend one with an integral Picatinny rail. Then you can slap on a integrated ring/mount in the amount of tilt you desire without worrying about puny base screws pulling through the thin receiver.
If you go steel receiver, the world’s your oyster.

The Titan will also index in back of the trigger group. I built a few 10/22's from blank receivers but you have a receiver, though it's fun to start from scratch. Lots and Lots of info on 10/22's on rimfire central. Personally I'd put a feddersen barrel on your receiver, though my green mountain shoots just as well, titan or oryx stock, either get a kidd trigger or have Brimstone make the stock one better. http://brimstonegunsmithing.com/tier-3-basic-ruger-10-22-trigger-work/
I have had several 10/22's. Currently have a stock 10/22 action with a Kidd bolt/guide rod springs, Brimstone tier 2 trigger and 12" Feddersen.

You first mod should be the trigger, all of mine were sent to BS.
Bad news...Brimstone stopped offering 10/22 trigger work effective 2/12/2022. They said they will be offering a drop-in trigger soon.
Brimstone

That was the true 10/22 trigger hack. Now, the next best cost-effective change would be to install a Kidd drop-in trigger job kit.

Reactions: 346ci
Just read that after posting, sucks. I hope their drop in isn't expensive.

I do know the kidd's are top tier, would be my first choice now.

Reactions: Moose
Kidd triggers are as good as it gets foe a 10/22.