• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 bull barrel benefits over factory barrel

Roasted Turkey

Private
Minuteman
May 18, 2010
Nebraska
hey guys Im sort of new here but I got a 10/22 (should be the picture bellow) and i was thinking about putting a bull barrel on it and I even have the stock for it but I dont wanna just fork over $200 for something that wont make a noticeable change in the performance of the gun. So if anyone has any info on a bull barrel Im all ears and what would be a good one to buy for a good price. Thanks

http://images.roosterteeth.com/images/slicksilver4c09b5fdc9299.jpg

Re: 10/22 bull barrel benefits over factory barrel

yes, it's worth it if by factory barrel you mean the thin profile and not a target barrel.

i went with the butler creek tri-port and it shoots very well.

Here's how my KID bull barrel shoots at 100 yards (not exceptional groups):
ontarget1.jpg

ontarget2.jpg

Not to mention that you can get a good barrel for around $100 ...

Green Mtn barrels has a 18" for $104. It will probably get you close to what a $200 barrel will do.

Kind of depends on which bull barrel.

How does yours shoot match ammo now? Some factory barrels shoot pretty well; some can be tuned (shortened at the breech, rechambered, and lapped) to a high degree of accuracy.

Ain't none of 'em gonna shoot bulk worth spit.

i shoot alot of bulk but i do shoot alot of match to but iv desided on getting one but im just little cautious about what bsalbrig was saying, if a $100 barrel is close if not that same as a $200 if so its a no brainer to get one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick G.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i shoot alot of bulk but i do shoot alot of match to but iv desided on getting one but im just little cautious about what bsalbrig was saying, if a $100 barrel is close if not that same as a $200 if so its a no brainer to get one </div></div>

I didn't say it would shoot the same. That last bit of accuracy is very expensive. You get 90% of the of the accuracy for 50% of the price (numbers are made up). How much is that last little bit worth to you.

Just get a kidd and know that you have the best.JMO