• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 McMillan stock pics request

G22inSC

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2008
South Carolina
I am in the market for a new McMillan stock for my bull barrel Ruger 10/22. I can't decide between the Sporter or STC stocks at this time. I have scoured the internet and can't find many pics of these stocks that are anything other than a straight side shot. Does anyone have these stocks that could provide some other pics from the front, back, top or bottom? What are your opinions between these two for mostly range use? Thanks for any pics and/or insights.

Well , if you check out rimfirecentral.com, and look and the sponsors section from a couple of months ago, it says Stockys stocks will be offering Manners stocks for the 10/22.

Well , if you check out rimfirecentral.com, and look and the sponsors section from a couple of months ago, it says Stockys stocks will be offering Manners stocks for the 10/22.

Good to know but not what I was referring to. Go back and look at the Snipers Hide twitter feed from around shot.

Good to know but not what I was referring to. Go back and look at the Snipers Hide twitter feed from around shot.

May be hard for some to believe but I don't do Twitter (or Facebook for that matter). I love the internet but I do draw a line. How could I find the twitter feed info from around SHOT?

I'm interested in both more pictures of the McMillans and in the Victor Company top secret project. Anyone able to contribute on either front?

I know that RFC has an ultimate 10/22 section, but it can be hard to find specific stock models in it.

Thanks!

You know what's cool about this?

The flush cups.

As soon as 10/22 enters the discussion..... *yawn*

I'll pass.

Sorry the 10/22 doesn't blow your skirt up but the Victor stock is more than a set of flush cups. From what he shared, it's something people have wanted for quite some time. Too bad the pic isn't better.

I am in the market for a new McMillan stock for my bull barrel Ruger 10/22. I can't decide between the Sporter or STC stocks at this time. I have scoured the internet and can't find many pics of these stocks that are anything other than a straight side shot. Does anyone have these stocks that could provide some other pics from the front, back, top or bottom? What are your opinions between these two for mostly range use? Thanks for any pics and/or insights.
I have pretty serious 10/22 built on an MOA Corporation 17-4 SS Replacement Receiver sitting in a McMillan Sporter. The MOA Receiver features Dual Action Lugs, allowing you to free-float the barrel (contrary to what anyone says, it's impossible to free-float a 10/22 without securing both the Front & Rear of the Receiver to the stock, because the front lug, V-Block, weight of the barrel, and gravity all pull the front of the receiver down). It shoots great off of a bipod. With the right ammo and wind conditions it shoots < 1 MOA at 100 yards. It would also be a great pest control gun to carry around too. If you like to shoot off of bags I would lean towards the STC, as that's what the wide, flat fore end was designed to do. Below are some photos of my 10/22 in it's McMillan Sporter stock as well as some of the specs:

MOA Corporation 17-4 SS Receiver w/ Front and Rear lugs, threaded 3/4-16
Kidd SS Match barrel threaded into receiver (3/4-16) - no shitty V-Block!
Volquartsen SS CNC Bolt and CS Spring
Power Custom SS Guide Rod
Kidd Two-Stage Trigger in Silver - set to 1 lb. 1st Stage / 8oz. 2nd Stage
Kidd SS Receiver Pin Kit and Kidd Recoil Buffer
McMillan Sporter Stock, Molded-in 75% Black/25% Dark Grey, inletted to accept Rear Lug and Rear Hold down screw to allow free-floating barrel. BC opened to free-float barrel
Harris BRM-S w/KMW PodLoc

10/22 w/ MOA 17-4 SS Receiver with Kidd SS barrel threaded 3/4-16, Volquartsen CNC Bolt, McMillan Sporter:

Keith

I have pretty serious 10/22 built on an MOA Corporation 17-4 SS Replacement Receiver sitting in a McMillan Sporter. The MOA Receiver features Dual Action Lugs, allowing you to free-float the barrel (contrary to what anyone says, it's impossible to free-float a 10/22 without securing both the Front & Rear of the Receiver to the stock, because the front lug, V-Block, weight of the barrel, and gravity all pull the front of the receiver down). It shoots great off of a bipod. With the right ammo and wind conditions it shoots < 1 MOA at 100 yards. It would also be a great pest control gun to carry around too. If you like to shoot off of bags I would lean towards the STC, as that's what the wide, flat fore end was designed to do. Below are some photos of my 10/22 in it's McMillan Sporter stock as well as some of the specs:

MOA Corporation 17-4 SS Receiver w/ Front and Rear lugs, threaded 3/4-16
Kidd SS Match barrel threaded into receiver (3/4-16) - no shitty V-Block!
Volquartsen SS CNC Bolt and CS Spring
Power Custom SS Guide Rod
Kidd Two-Stage Trigger in Silver - set to 1 lb. 1st Stage / 8oz. 2nd Stage
Kidd SS Receiver Pin Kit and Kidd Recoil Buffer
McMillan Sporter Stock, Molded-in 75% Black/25% Dark Grey, inletted to accept Rear Lug and Rear Hold down screw to allow free-floating barrel. BC opened to free-float barrel
Harris BRM-S w/KMW PodLoc

10/22 w/ MOA 17-4 SS Receiver with Kidd SS barrel threaded 3/4-16, Volquartsen CNC Bolt, McMillan Sporter

Keith

I want THIS setup! Very nice... I received some good advice from others about purchasing a bolt gun over accurizing a 10/22 but I can't help it. Did you send the KIDD to MOA to have it threaded/fitted or vice versa? What about the McMillan sporter... Did you send your action to them to be fitted? And of course, the most important question: would you mind telling me how much this build cost? Any info you're willing to share... I would appreciate!

-Kid

I can't say that I've been bitten by the 10/22 bug yet, but looking at Aries build makes me want one! That is definitely one of the best builds I have seen. Great job on it!