• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 stocks: Rhineland vs B&C vs T-Rex vs TIG

Jay5oh

Minuteman
Jul 14, 2007
I'm looking to re-build my 10/22. Main use will be recreational bench shooting at 100yds or less. I am looking at the rhineland arms, B&C tactical/varmint and T-rex stocks.

Leaning toward the B&C to mimic my M700 but open to opinions of the others.

From research I have gathered the following:

Rhineland: Does not have a metal ferrule around the takedown screw. They are semi hard to get ahold of. I emailed and they replied once, I replied to that three weeks ago and got nothing.

B&C: Some reports of needing final fitting. Is it just sanding the barrel channel or more involved? Do they have a metal ferrule around the takedown screw?

T-rex: Not much info out there. No idea (have a email to them) about a ferrule for the takedown screw.

TIG (tactical image guys): Not much about them but it (the stock) looks good.

Thoughts/experience/commentary?

Re: 10/22 stocks: Rhineland vs B&C vs T-Rex vs TIG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i got chris wallis here to make me one for my 10-22

looks just like the a3-5 thats on my match gun

i should have in a week or so

http://www.wallisforge.com/ </div></div>

+1. If you go to the pricing section and scroll to the bottom, that is my stock that I had Chris build. Great guy

I've got a B&C and Rhineland Arms. The B&C needs the barrel channel sanded down and a nice bedding to make it pretty solid. I put my 10/22 without sanding or bedding and it shot like crap. Once it was floated, it did much better and I expect a good bed job will make it pretty damn good. The Rhineland Arms stock doesn't need anything and is ready to go but you will find the trigger distance quite a bit shorter than any other stocks. It shoots well but the ergonomics are not the best for me. If you do go Rhineland, get taller rings since the cheek pad is really high at its lowest level. I'm very interested in getting a Wallis Forge stock to try out once he gets the 40X inletting done. They look well made and the price seems fair.

The Rhineland stock is the only one that I know of that uses a rear action screw, it pushes down on the rear of the trigger assembly to lock the stock in. A steel washer would be all that the front screw needs, don't really need a pillar in the stock but you could if you wanted to.

100_3938.jpg

The cheek is really high so plan for that.

The Bell and Carlson stock is a good one since you can get one just like it for a Rem 700 S/A and would be the closest match other than the Rhineland and AIAW or AICS.

The Wallis stock is option I saw on here but forgot about. Thanks.

The B&C didn't shoot that good out of the box eh? Hmm...

Nothing out there about the T-rex or TIG?

What about the new ProMag archangel? The new one it looks like the T-Rex but it's plastic/composite instaed of wood.

Thanks guys, the first hand knowledge is what makes this site great.

The T-rex does have an Escutcheon built into it .

The Archangel should look a lot like the T-rex since they ripped off the design and used one of Hawktechs stock to create their mold . They actually told the owner of HT they were gonna rip off his design at SHOT and he thought they were joking right up until he saw the stock appear on their website .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The T-rex does have an Escutcheon built into it .

The Archangel should look a lot like the T-rex since they ripped off the design and used one of Hawktechs stock to create their mold . They actually told the owner of HT they were gonna rip off his design at SHOT and he thought they were joking right up until he saw the stock appear on their website . </div></div>

I figured there was a story behind it, wasn't going to bring it up since I didn't have any facts.
wink.gif

I think I've eliminated the TIG and the ProMag.

Down to:

Rhineland
B&C
T-rex

I have a Rhineland now and I wouldnt trade it for anything else. The trigger pull is a little short but I put a Kidd trigger in mine with a straight blade set to 14oz and I can put a bullet in 1 hole every time. I did put a Pillar in it becuase I am always worreid about sucking the action down into the stock since its wood and can compress. I also have been playing with a "tuning pad" at the front of the barrel. I havent decided if it makes it any better but it doesnt make it any worse either though. I also put a PC Customs base on it and then use Burris Sig. Rings in a Med and that works well for me but my face is pretty narrow. I have always had good luck emailing them. So they must be out of the office or maybe with all the snow they cant get to their office since they are in Texas.

I had a B&C 3 way adjustable but it was way to bulky and like the others have said it didnt shoot that great and I didnt want to take the time to sand everything down and bed it.

Well it all came together with Rhineland. My stock will be enroute tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the input.