• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10 AM 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2014
Colorado
I was going to go shoot this morning after walking the dog, but I could scramble my eggs on the concrete. Never mind, I am a big pussy. I am going to clean my shop, and put an AC in the window.:eek: Maybe get out the air rifle. Maybe I will just sit in front of the A/C and shoot online. Half MOA all day long online. My ego doest like my targets alway lying to me.

At 0530 I had my targets set up an it was already 79* with a rh of 93%. 35 rds of 338lm later (30 minutes) it had jumped to 83*f an 91% rh. Should be a ass kicker this afternoon when I return at 1600 after mowing the yard. Which is the hottest part of the day here

Reactions: 1J04 and RNWRKNP
This is why I run the dogs around 5:00am to 5:30am in the summer here in TX
Also why I can't sleep in too late on the weekends either.
Dog running and lawn mowing have to get done before or right as the sun is coming up.

yeah doing a prs match saturday, forecasted 95 degrees and humid. looking forward to the match but dreading the enviro.

Reactions: RNWRKNP and 1J04
:)
1530205107659.png

At 0530 I had my targets set up an it was already 79* with a rh of 93%. 35 rds of 338lm later (30 minutes) it had jumped to 83*f an 91% rh. Should be a ass kicker this afternoon when I return at 1600 after mowing the yard. Which is the hottest part of the day here

I think our relative humidity is usually about negative 20 out here. LOL. I will take out 105 and 20 percent over 90 and 90 percent any day.

I slept in until 0600, and walk the wife to work at 0750. I should have got out of bed and watered.

Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
Got home yesterday to an amazing cloudy 60 degrees with a touch of wind outta the NW. Went over to my buddies place and 3 of us popped off some rounds I just made for them, couple 300 WM's and my Hide 7MM Build. We all wanted to play with a new load for these three and none of them were 'all that'. Even on the internet I just can't lie. :cry: Time to either scrap this idea and get back to basics or dive head first into more load development that I don't really wanna deal with at this point. Bear season is right around the corner........

xGOhNpQ.jpg

This is why I run the dogs around 5:00am to 5:30am in the summer here in TX
Also why I can't sleep in too late on the weekends either.
Dog running and lawn mowing have to get done before or right as the sun is coming up.

No dew? Where I'm at in GA the grass is soaking wet in the morning till the sun burns it off.

No dew? Where I'm at in GA the grass is soaking wet in the morning till the sun burns it off.

Depends on the day, but usually when it's been 100 the previous day or two, there is not much dew the next morning, the little bit there is gets wind blasted away enough to let you mow the lawn around 7:00am to 7:30am

Reactions: RNWRKNP
I think our relative humidity is usually about negative 20 out here. LOL. I will take out 105 and 20 percent over 90 and 90 percent any day.

I slept in until 0600, and walk the wife to work at 0750. I should have got out of bed and watered.

No shit. The dry heat is easy on you.

I can take the heat no problimo but let it drop below 70%F and Im looking for a sweater.

Sugarland is now Carmelland. Some high clouds rolled in and it still holding at 100. Its kind of disappointing when they predict record heat, then it peaks out at 104.

No shit. The dry heat is easy on you.

I can take the heat no problimo but let it drop below 70%F and Im looking for a sweater.

Not a big heat guy. I love the way it makes my peppers grow. I wear a light jacket form about 30 to 0, and shorts from about 30 on up. Unless I am riding my bicycle, then 50 can be fucking cold early in the morning.

Try going from a shit hole you have been in for 5 months that's -30* to -35*F, then over night to another shit hole that's +85 at 0200 an 115+ during the day. Guys sleeping with a poncho an liner an your saying WTF is wrong with you guys? Then 3 weeks later your doing the same thing. Oh to be young an stupid again.

Got home yesterday to an amazing cloudy 60 degrees with a touch of wind outta the NW. Went over to my buddies place and 3 of us popped off some rounds I just made for them, couple 300 WM's and my Hide 7MM Build. We all wanted to play with a new load for these three and none of them were 'all that'. Even on the internet I just can't lie. :cry: Time to either scrap this idea and get back to basics or dive head first into more load development that I don't really wanna deal with at this point. Bear season is right around the corner........

xGOhNpQ.jpg

Get that 7 mag barrel warm and run some sea foam patches down the barrel and make sure the barrel is free of carbon fouling.
Might just wake it up.

Reactions: 1J04
My granny would have said you need to eat more from an iron skillet.

That really brings up an interesting thought on iron, one of the main building blocks in our blood cells. After seeing the difference in plants disease, heat and pest resistance, when growing with calcium and building thick cell walls, vs nitrate fed plants. It always makes me think twice about some old wives tales. It also makes me think twice about how build thick cell walls. I am sure there is a genetic component, but food for thought.

When I say nitrate I mean organic or synthetic. You can pour on the ammonium nitrate or blood meal to the same affect. Fast growing green ,lush, plants, with thin cell walls, and no immune system. To 99 percent of people exactly the same to the eyes, but to pests one is screaming, "eat me" and one looks like chewing through kevlar.

Stressed plants reflect light in the infrared spectrum, this is how they call in the clean up crew.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Try going from a shit hole you have been in for 5 months that's -30* to -35*F, then over night to another shit hole that's +85 at 0200 an 115+ during the day. Guys sleeping with a poncho an liner an your saying WTF is wrong with you guys? Then 3 weeks later your doing the same thing. Oh to be young an stupid again.

I roughnecked around Canadian TX for a while. 115 when we would show up for work at 1700 and 60 and shivering soaking wet at 0500 when got off pretty routinely.

My granny would have said you need to eat more from an iron skillet.

Im told it could be thyroid related. Just had that checked today, waiting for the results.

Just got my good cast iron skillets oiled up...we'll see.

Took my brother out shooting last week and it was 112 out. Got to the point the sand was actually burning your hands and arms.

Unless there's humidity, its totally doable as long as you stay hydrated. Wear loose fitting clothes that cover you (most will wear small shirts and shorts, which actually screws you), drink a ton of water, bring more with you, take some electrolyte pills beforehand and eat some fruit on the way out of the door.

Took my brother out shooting last week and it was 112 out. Got to the point the sand was actually burning your hands and arms.

Unless there's humidity, its totally doable as long as you stay hydrated. Wear loose fitting clothes that cover you (most will wear small shirts and shorts, which actually screws you), drink a ton of water, bring more with you, take some electrolyte pills beforehand and eat some fruit on the way out of the door.

We shoot praise dogs out here in the heat pretty regularly. Its long sleeves and pants unless you want to smack biting flies all day.

Im told it could be thyroid related. Just had that checked today, waiting for the results.

Just got my good cast iron skillets oiled up...we'll see.

Could be hypo thyroid. Hyper would do the opposite. Or you're just in menopause.

I had a lump in my throat when I came back from Afghanistan and Surprise! You have thyroid cancer in your early 30s.

Had my entire thyroid taken out and other than the synthroid dosage process being a fucking nightmare, I don't notice anything as far as heat/cold.

That really brings up an interesting thought on iron, one of the main building blocks in our blood cells. After seeing the difference in plants disease, heat and pest resistance, when growing with calcium and building thick cell walls, vs nitrate fed plants. It always makes me think twice about some old wives tales. It also makes me think twice about how build thick cell walls. I am sure there is a genetic component, but food for thought.

When I say nitrate I mean organic or synthetic. You can pour on the ammonium nitrate or blood meal to the same affect. Fast growing green ,lush, plants, with thin cell walls, and no immune system. To 99 percent of people exactly the same to the eyes, but to pests one is screaming, "eat me" and one looks like chewing through kevlar.

Stressed plants reflect light in the infrared spectrum, this is how they call in the clean up crew.

Talk that shit, Super, Im listening. Just getting into the no til. How do you introduce calcium? with lime?

So I wonder how the thick wall vs thin wall affect the nutritional value of the plant. When I eat organic foods I prepare, I find I tend to eat considerably less per sitting than when eating non organic. I will end up going back for another helping before long. Smaller portions, but more frequent.

We shoot praise dogs out here in the heat pretty regularly. Its long sleeves and pants unless you want to smack biting flies all day.

I normally wear some version of Crye or OCP pants with the knee pads and a BDU top with the sleeves rolled up to my forearm as well as some kind of hat when its hot outside. The pants are pretty loose in the legs (why I like OCP issue pants better than the more tighter fit Crye pants) and the BDU shirt with a moisture wicking shirt under it has me barely sweating, as well as helps my elbows from getting scraped up on all the rock.

Reactions: jrassy
Could be hypo thyroid. Hyper would do the opposite. Or you're just in menopause.

I had a lump in my throat when I came back from Afghanistan and Surprise! You have thyroid cancer in your early 30s.

Had my entire thyroid taken out and other than the synthroid dosage process being a fucking nightmare, I don't notice anything as far as heat/cold.

Must be menopause.

Glad youre ok.

Do you mean that you dont notice any difference between pre and post having your thyroid removed, or that now, post, you dont notice any difference between heat and cold at all? Im guessing the first?

Must be menopause.

Glad youre ok.

Do you mean that you dont notice any difference between pre and post having your thyroid removed, or that now, post, you dont notice any difference between heat and cold at all? Im guessing the first?

Before the thyroid was taken out I was 'normal' as far as heat and cold. I was never the one that was hot or cold when everyone else was fine. The thyroid cancer was found via the lump that had grown on another lump and didn't spread anywhere; it just kept growing on itself. So the levels thje thyroid was putting out were not the indicator, and I don't think they even concentrated on that because they had already figured out what was going on. I don't even know if the levels were off or not.

Since the surgery and the smallest dose of a radioactive iodine capsule they will give you, I had to start taking synthroid. The problem here is that everyone will need a different dose and there's no way to know what dose you will need. It's all trial and error and they have to start small as too high of a dose can cause all sorts of problems including a heart attack and stroke. Process was to give me a new dose and I took it daily for 6 weeks or so. Then retest. Update dose. Wait 6 weeks. Rinse/repeat.

During the dosage time I was fucked up. Hot. Cold. Hungry. Not hungry. Gain weight for no reason. Lose it all for no reason. Headaches. Sever lack of concentration to where I'd just daydream all the time. Tired all the time and then couldn't sleep. Bursts of energy that turned into almost narcolepsy. Food tasted different. Some days I could drink 2 gallons of water and feel like I was dying of thirst. It was a daily adventure for roughly 18 months.

Since getting the dosage correct, which it has been for some years now, I notice absolutely nothing that would make me any different again from anyone else as far as being hot or cold. When I am hot or cold now, so is everyone else.

Before the thyroid was taken out I was 'normal' as far as heat and cold. I was never the one that was hot or cold when everyone else was fine. The thyroid cancer was found via the lump that had grown on another lump and didn't spread anywhere; it just kept growing on itself. So the levels thje thyroid was putting out were not the indicator, and I don't think they even concentrated on that because they had already figured out what was going on. I don't even know if the levels were off or not.

Since the surgery and the smallest dose of a radioactive iodine capsule they will give you, I had to start taking synthroid. The problem here is that everyone will need a different dose and there's no way to know what dose you will need. It's all trial and error and they have to start small as too high of a dose can cause all sorts of problems including a heart attack and stroke. Process was to give me a new dose and I took it daily for 6 weeks or so. Then retest. Update dose. Wait 6 weeks. Rinse/repeat.

During the dosage time I was fucked up. Hot. Cold. Hungry. Not hungry. Gain weight for no reason. Lose it all for no reason. Headaches. Sever lack of concentration to where I'd just daydream all the time. Tired all the time and then couldn't sleep. Bursts of energy that turned into almost narcolepsy. Food tasted different. Some days I could drink 2 gallons of water and feel like I was dying of thirst. It was a daily adventure for roughly 18 months.

Since getting the dosage correct, which it has been for some years now, I notice absolutely nothing that would make me any different again from anyone else as far as being hot or cold. When I am hot or cold now, so is everyone else.

Thats interesting, thanks.

Get that 7 mag barrel warm and run some sea foam patches down the barrel and make sure the barrel is free of carbon fouling.
Might just wake it up.

I normally just pour a bucket of steam down the barrel and follow up with a stainless brush, starting from the muzzle of course. :LOL:

It shoots fine. I jumped the boolit a bit more and stuffed a couple more granules of velocity sticks into the shiny thingy. It didn't like it. :cry:

Talk that shit, Super, Im listening. Just getting into the no til. How do you introduce calcium? with lime?

So I wonder how the thick wall vs thin wall affect the nutritional value of the plant. When I eat organic foods I prep get a hold are, I find I tend to eat considerably less per sitting than when eating non organic. I will end up going back for another helping before long. Smaller portions, but more frequent.

Bone meal. Herculean Harvest {nectar for the gods} While you are waiting for the bone meal to break down in your soil. It will take 6 months to a year for the bone meal to start becoming available. Then you need L oriented amino acids to facilitate calcium uptake [athena's aminas]. I think a lot of this can be achieved using a diverse cover crop. I have a red, yellow, and purple clover, as well as rye grass, some native grass and weeds, fruit trees and perennial and annual flowers all right in my garden. Perennial roots help keep mychoriza active, rather than fallowing in winter with an annual mono-culture.

Get a hold of Nectar for the Gods. They will send you a free sample of their greek regimen. Look up Orgeon's constant gardner on you tube. They have some really informative stuff in their green room live videos. Especially the ones with Scott Ostrander. I would love to talk to the guys he refers to as more knowledgeable than him. {beware though, they are bunch of liberals. Ideology in the back pocket for me, or else it would be a big ol fuck them. I feel like this is more important than which political party we prefer to be ass blasted by}

I wonder the same thing about the nutrition. The saying that, "you can't make silk out of a pigs ear" comes to mind. Dr. Robert Faust {bio-ag} has some real interesting stuff on fulvic acid. His company makes the full power I suggested for foliar.

The compost tea really speeds up soil building. My best garden bed I started where the old man that owned the place parked his RV. This is the third year on that patch. I could tell at the top this year where my garden stopped the last two years. I had built several inches of dark top soil to nothing in a couple inches. Where the soil building stopped was where there was a mono culture of well kept grass.

Last edited:
Reactions: W54/XM-388
I went shooting this morning about 9am...my property is 99% hardwoods and the rifle lane runs parallel to a wooded creek bottom. 80F temps, absolutely zero wind, and since it rained yesterday 10000000% humidity and kind of muddy.

Skeeters ran me off after about a half hour, but I did manage to get 60 rounds downrange between my Dasher and my 223.

I need to get up there soon and permethrin the F outta it...

The compost tea really speeds up soil building. My best garden bed I started where the old man that owned the place parked his RV. This is the third year on that patch. I could tell at the top this year where my garden stopped the last two years. I had built several inches of dark top soil to nothing in a couple inches. Where the soil building stopped was where there was a mono culture of well kept grass.

I hate to quote myself, but this is really the most amazing thing to me. I have eaten pounds of vegetables off this ground, and I am building soil. Gardening in natures way, or gods way, or spaghetti monsters way, however you want to say it, is generative. Get diverse life living in your soil and watch it go.

Clouds moved out, 106 now. Still no fucking record.:cry: I am a double pussy, I didn't clean my shop either. I wandered around spraying plants with the hose. Don't want them to get shocked if it rains too.:LOL:

Well, humidity in the 30s right now & the weather man is calling for a five day low of 101*F & a high of 105*F. Good thing the pool is kept up.

Thats damn near perfect. Hot and dry. time for Barton Springs and all the lush young female bodies it draws......sniff sniff.