• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10 grain difference

badshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2008
South Arkansas
I got a small pile of 7mmRM brass, I sorted it by weight since it came from different boxes. The difference between the light and heavy is 10 grains. Is this going to make enough difference to cause pressure problems between the extremes? The gun it is for is a hunting rifle only. I can only expect MOA out of this gun, since that is about all it has ever been.

Re: 10 grain difference

On a hunting rifle, don't worry about the weight difference, and load it up. You didn't say if it was all the same head stamp or not. When you work up a load on one brand of brass, and switch to another, it can change it up. For example, when I load my max charge for my 270 Win on Win brass, and switch to Rem brass, the necks are thicker. This causes the bullet to seat with more tension, and causes higher pressure. If it's all the same headstamp (brand), you should be fine.