• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

100 burpees for time

RayDog

Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2001
Fort Collins, CO
I did 100 for time today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYkGj47tUMQ

I'll never do them on carpet again. My knees are burnt. I'll never do them before a crossfit class again either. It made todays workout harder than it should've been. did them about 1 hour before class and the thrusters they had me doing kicked my ass. I'm pretty sure I can do a sub 5 for 100. I want to shoot for the 4 minute mark. I think I'll practice the same way I did when trying to get faster running. I'll do a set of 25 at less than a minute rest and repeat 4 times maybe 5 or 6 if I can and then work on stringing it together for a 4 minute 100 burpee round.
Ok guys....post your vids, or at least times. Vids would be cool though
This will be are starting points. We will post again in a few months to mark improvement. Do an honest 100 and time yourself. Cool thing about these is that there is no equipment needed at all and they will help you get fit.
My goal here here is to get people doing something. doesn't matter what your time is post it. Practice a couple times a week and in a few months we will post again. Name of the game is getting fitter boys, that's all that counts. The only person your are competing with is yourself.
Have fun....they hurt a little

Re: 100 burpees for time

Pretty good.

Jump got lower and lower as you tired.

Squat form got more precise as you tired.

Tough Drill.

BMT

We did a Burpee Challenge last year - one burpee the first day, then two the next and so on until 100 burpees on the 100th day. This was in addition to our regular WOD's. It was all good under 50. Starting with 50 and going up it was getting close to over-training.

Burpees are an asskicker of the first water.

burpees are a form of torture ! im gona def give the 100 a try for the crack, we dont let our knees touch the ground coming out of the push up though, we have to spring into the squat position then explode up. 100 sounds tough ,il post my time later this week

Never heard of a burpee before but might just have to add these to my routine.

We do burpees with our workout. Everyone does them a little different, everyone gets their asses kicked by them.

As long as your doing them, your benefiting from them...

I do mine totally different, I do them in a more controlled "4 count" style where I squat, touch the ground, kick out, jump back, then jump up. It's a lot slower, and there's no way I could do 100 in a row, I do them in 5 sets of 30, and that hurts bad enough...

I also used to do a push up in there too, but have stopped that and instead just do more dedicated push ups.

100 for sure is a tough drill, but do able. We are not allowed to touch our knees on the ground either like HM said.

But damn you have some chicken ass legs
grin.gif

I hate burpees with a passion. I cringe every time they show up in a WOD.

The only way I'd do 100 burpees is at the point of a gun, and I might fight you for the gun instead.

Kidding. Might have to try this.

Chicken legs...Ha. Maybe it's cause my shorts are so baggy. At the gym they say my legs are big. I use to be a pro cyclist (mountain bike), my legs were huge for my 155lb size. NowI think they are a bit more normal..chicken legs he says...dam

bmt- yeah jump did get a little weak. My chicken legs were tired before I started. I ride every morning.

I'm thinking about dong a 1/4 mile burpee/broad jump for time soon.

Come on guys...post some times

haha just playing with ya. I'll get some video sometime also you can do it with the Bosu ball pretty damn effective too.

Same concept just turn it upside down and go to town.

Hats off for RayDog! Thats a lot of fucking burpees. And who gives a shit about form. I thought a burpee was going from prone, chest on the floor to feet off the ground and hand overhead. How you move from one position to the other doesn't really matter. Use any form you want, they still suck.

Burpees are definitely underrated for their effectiveness . . . until you do them anyway.

IMHO, Burpees are the 'go-to' body-weight exercise for combative conditioning. Use these a lot to ramp up the heart and induce "pre-fight stress" when training sticks (DBMA) and knive (AMOK!).

Awesome push RayDog!

Ray, that's some intense shit man. Good on ya.

Burpees kick my ass, I'm not sure I could do 100 in a whole day, haha.

You are right about the carpet, BTDT myself. That brings the suck.

Dang Raydog that is legit! I might have to start going to the crossfit gym.. I know you said it was good stuff, but I didn't know it was that good. No way am I doing more than 12 burpees in 5 minutes. I can't give ya any competition there, but if ya wanna see who can eat the most Twinkies in 5 min, give me a call.

ok, i finally did this today, due to other training commitments (and the fact i hate burpeess!) i had been putting this on the long finger, as i said earlier we do these slightly different ,no knees touching the ground, anyway i did 100 in 7mins 26 secs. i had to pause after 50 , again at 75, i was goosed by the end!

I had never heard of these untill this thread. I tried them though and couldn't finish all 100
frown.gif
maybe in a couple weeks of hard practice i can meet the mark and post a time for completion.

I had never heard of these untill this thread. I tried them though and couldn't finish all 100
frown.gif
maybe in a couple weeks of hard practice i can meet the mark and post a time for completion.

726 is a good time. I don't let my knees hit usually either, I was working around an injury. it's harder but faster.

Terror keep at it man. These will get you fit

I did the 100 burpees/100 pull ups workout (I forget the name)...burpee to pull up to burpee and so on....forget for time, I think I made it to mid 50's before I died out. I consider myself to be in good shape, and that kicked the shit out of me. Now I rotate them into my workouts regularly.