• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

100 post count req for selling???

sigma2chi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2010
Grovetown, GA
Why is there a requirement to have at least 100 posts before selling on here? Some new guys like me have been on eBay for a long time and matching verifiable screennames with tons of feedback. I've got 170+ positive feedbacks / 100% rating on the bay. Why couldn't that be verified here and me be allowed to sell right away? Unless there is another reason for the post count deal?...

What gives?.....

Re: 100 post count req for selling???

Oh, and apparently you can't have a picture in your signature before a certain mysterious number of posts as well?... Would have been nice to know before I dropped some cash at MilitarySignatures.com to only end up with a link at the bottom of my posts.

Anybody even know how many posts are needed for me to get my pic in my Signature to show up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This site is not here for you any one else to log on and sell stuff. If that was the purpose I would be charging people and still can. I can easily make the For Sale section a subscription based service or yearly flat rate.

Because people where logging on to SH for the sole purpose of selling things we made the rules 51 posts. We didn't want people interested in defrauding our membership having the ability to log on, post an item, rip someone off and leave, so we wanted some kind of commitment. However, people feel their shit is so important and needs to be sold they started running up their post count in order to circumvent the 51 post rule, in fact they were stacking up 50 posts in a day or two, so.. the next step we upped to 100 posts because we, myself and the moderators were chasing people too often padding their post count.

The next step is charging you... so bitch all you want, the for sale section is, and always has been here for <span style="font-weight: bold"> "Contributing Members" </span> of SH, and not for fly by night people simply looking to unload their crap.

Complain all you want, I have an inbox full of them... and would be happy to suspend your account if you don't like the site, or how I run it. </div></div>

More on the subject can be found here.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1812459#Post1812459

Nope, no offence neither taken nor implied, just trying to be helpful.
wink.gif

After reading that thread you referenced I regret having even asked the question. Apparantly that question seems to light a few fuses around here. Forget I asked, please.....

Sir,

looking in the site help sub-forum I found this topic.

Given that the original poster has 80 posts and has the same issue as you with the link versus image, I'd surmise the signature deal is 100 posts as well.

I skimmed through your posts as well as your facebook and photobucket account to get an idea of you aside from your thread here and I'd say that you have a lot of experience and will be a valuable asset here(much more than myself currently, I admit). That being said, give it time and patience. 100 posts isn't much in the grand scheme of things unless you were hoping to be more of a reader than writer.

Either way, welcome to the forum. I'd be interested in hearing your experiences as a Scout PL if you are inclined to tell them.

Scouts out,
Brad

I feel like I've just been vetted for an NSA job :) I forgot my photobucket was public and completely forgot j even had a facebook... :) I've been a long time member of a few other forums for quite a while and trust was always the issue. You think buying a bipod for $200 makes you nervous try a skateboard for $1600. On my BMX forum the eBay thing was a quick and solid fix to the trust issue. Just thought it might work here as well.

Yeah I was 1st PL with E Troop 196 CAV during OIF 2. I always say I was an Infantry Scout Platoon Leader because Infantry was my Branch. There technically is no such animal as a 100% or "school trained" CAV Officer, we just get sent over from either the Infantry or the Armor Corps. and I don't want to get mistaken for an armor guy ;-) we had a true Inf Scout Plt in the Bn we were attached to and there was always a big rivalry between the CAV Scout platoons and the INF Scout platoons.

I earned my spurs the hard way though, no doubt about that.

I don't blame ya. I dislike the Armor branch a lot. Glad I went to a field board cus I loathed the idea of having to put the armor insignia on the class a's and take off the crossed sabers. Did you know that 19D's used to be 11D's? All through Viet Nam, until the mid 70's I believe. Same basic MOS but able to earn a CIB due to 11 Series. Oddly enough, I hated being in a Cav Squadron and preferred my time in a BN Scout platoon. In the Cav unit there was just too much oversight, we were less autonomous, etc. I simply can't see why the Army has entire AO owning units with nothing but 19D's. In this operational environment, it's the antithesis of the job purpose and description. It made sense in a wholly linear environ, but not now. I feel a better approach would be to have a large Troop or even Squadron level element for garrison and training purposes as a quality control, who then split up to support the brigade effort and various BN efforts. I wouldn't field a baseball team of nothing but 2nd basemen, so why on earth do they do that with a larger scale version of one? OK, Sir... unleash your go to PL answer...I'll give you a hint: It's M***-** Dependent.;)

hey i sent a pm about the sig, i dont think there is a requirement. maybe its the code your using. cant swear to it though

I never really had that issue or gave it much though... Two reasons I guess...1) there was no higher Cav command above our Troop level like a Squadron. We were an independant Troop. Like a "heavy" Company, completely organic and self sufficient. I guess a "mini" Bn would be a better description. At Brigade meetings you would see all the Bn Cmdr's and our Troop Cmdr. He was a CPT but functioned like a LTC. 2) I always viewed Cav Scouts like Infantrymen with a LOT more training and capabilities. No need to break them up and spread them around, just assign them the area that might require some expertise outside the comfort zone of your average run of the mill INF Bn. Cav by nature is designed to be further foward of the line then the Infantry anyway. Maybe since I never had to deal with a Squadron I'm not completely feeling your pain.... Sorry ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey i sent a pm about the sig, i dont think there is a requirement. maybe its the code your using. cant swear to it though </div></div>

thanks man, I did everything I know to make it work. Never had this issue on any other forums. First time a photobucket link failed to work....

How does one get a verifiable screen name?
Who's doing the background checks around here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavScout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sir,
That being said, give it time and patience. 100 posts isn't much in the grand scheme of things unless you were hoping to be more of a reader than writer.

Either way, welcome to the forum. I'd be interested in hearing your experiences as a Scout PL if you are inclined to tell them.

Scouts out,
Brad

</div></div>

Ditto

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavScout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't blame ya. I dislike the Armor branch a lot. </div></div>

Man, that hurts. Why can't we all just get along!

NO wonder your having a problem. First, you are not using the code infor for your military sig line. DO NOT save it to photobucket. Go back to the site and use the BB code so it hotlinks direct from militarysig.com like it's supposed to.* Second, suck it up and drive on like everyone else for the SALE forum and stop whining like an out of sorts wench. Troll and Spam filters work to a point, but nothing works like patience to keep bullshit out of the forums.
Jeez, officers, take them by the hand, lead them to...
grin.gif

* look at the tabs on the site where you build your sig. Click HOSTING, the yellow print tab. On the right is a block with BB(UBB) code in it. COPY/PASTE that entire code directly into your sig bock here. You should be fine after that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XARMOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavScout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't blame ya. I dislike the Armor branch a lot. </div></div>

Man, that hurts. Why can't we all just get along! </div></div>

LOL how can you dislike us 19k's, I mean sure we had a gravy OSUT and a kick ass job compared to oh I dunno some shitty ass scout gig, don't hate us cause you chose a shitty MOS for OSUT! Its not natural to road march that damn far when there are vehiculars everywhere.
grin.gif

You may want to try inspecting your link between your
tags. The in-between text has to end with an image code, like .jpg.

Spazz, it's a hosted hotlink code for the militarysignature blocks. Membership is required for all Military and LEO to gain access to it. When you make your sig block you go through tabs for each item set. The last tab has two code blocks, one for UBB to COPY/PASTE and one to COPY/PASTE for MySpace or HTML coded sites.
It's really actually kinda basic and anyone with a four year degreee can easily figure it out... or not
grin.gif

ps it's a hyper link code and a .png format. Just hit properties on mine to see

Nothing against Armor, just "proud" of my 11 series training I guess. Trust me when the feces hits the fan I LOVE having a bunch of tanks around to lay down some scunion ;-)

As for the link, I'm not near as thick as you boys might think. You can click on my sig link and it will pop up. The code is right. I've copied and pasted the piss out of it. I'm telling you, there is a post requirement ;-) I'll give one of you my password, YOU log on and see what I'm talking about.

As for the ebay question. It's simple my name here is sigma2chi. My ebay name is sigma02chi. You can check the location and shipping dates and see that they're both Aiken SC. You can request my phone number through ebay if you want to be REAL thorough and I'll answer it and any more "trust" vetting questions. Just a quick way to earn a little more trust than your average forum "noob".

::headscratch:: Sure enough. It pops up fine if I paste the img code. Weird.

member14608.png

((Det. Dolly))That's just feckin' weird.

I'm telling you man...there is a super-top-secret "Opress the Noobs" post-count requirement... ;-) It will work for you but NOT for me cause I'm the new jack

The reason is so that when I have read your posts and can tell what kind of person you are - and then I see you sell something I can say "Hey he's good to go".

Besides you might learn something here, or have something to offer someone else learning.

You already have 32, another week and you'll be there
smile.gif

yeah I know, I wasn't mad about it, just making conversation. I though the ebay feedback crossover thing worked quite well on the forum where I learned about it and seemed like a good way to get some instant credibility as far as selling goes.
I don't have that much to sell. Just thought it would be a shame if we did get a new guy in here with some nice gear and instead of us getting first shot along with some good prices maybe it would all be fed to the sharks on the bay. Everybody loses there.

This isn't EBay and this isn't Sniper's Hide Traders Outlet... we offer it to members as a service to them, not as a service to anyone who strolls on by.

More issues from the For Sale section than any other, the headaches stack so high I need a 14ft ladder to just breathe normally.

It's the easiest way to keep it manageable

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This isn't EBay and this isn't Sniper's Hide Traders Outlet... we offer it to members as a service to them, not as a service to anyone who strolls on by.

More issues from the For Sale section than any other, the headaches stack so high I need a 14ft ladder to just breathe normally.

It's the easiest way to keep it manageable </div></div>

From what CKA says about you, you need a 14 ft. ladder to reach 15 ft.

I'm with ya Frank. Your sandbox, your rules. You know what I always say, "Politics, Religion, and Post Counts." Never ends well.

While your here though maybe you can offer some professional assistance as to why my sig isn't showing. Is there anything you can think of.

Thanks Shawn

Shawn,

Here's what the code looks like for my Miltary Signature:

What you are missing is [open sq. bracket url=http://militarysignatures.com close square bracket] then the sig you provided above then end with [open Sq Bracket /url close sq. bracket]

Bob

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XARMOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavScout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't blame ya. I dislike the Armor branch a lot. </div></div>

Man, that hurts. Why can't we all just get along! </div></div>

LOL how can you dislike us 19k's, I mean sure we had a gravy OSUT and a kick ass job compared to oh I dunno some shitty ass scout gig, don't hate us cause you chose a shitty MOS for OSUT! Its not natural to road march that damn far when there are vehiculars everywhere.
grin.gif

</div></div>

the Branch and subsequent frustrations that go with it. Tankers are a jovial bunch for the most part...when they aren't misidentifying that vehicle in front of them that just happens to look like a HMMWV. Ride vs walk? the current generation ( late 2003-current graduates) have more time in boots on ground than in a tank. It's a different world out there.
smile.gif

Any joy on BobinNC's suggestion, Sigma?

I have updated the permissions, you needed to be a full member for signatures images to work, so now it should work I have change it.

In my text box under my edit profile it already looks exactly like shat he says it should. It's just not showing you guys all the extra stuff..... :-(

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tansinator</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This isn't EBay and this isn't Sniper's Hide Traders Outlet... we offer it to members as a service to them, not as a service to anyone who strolls on by.

From what CKA says about you, you need a 14 ft. ladder to reach 15 ft. </div></div>

nice..... had I said that I would have banned again

Yall just gotta suck it up and drive on. . .what's that. . .10 now? I'm on my way!

You guys got it easy . When I started posting here you had to have a 1000 posts and know Lowlights real name as well as what book his story was published in before you could use the classifieds and even then you had to pay 150 bucks for the rights to use it .

It was a bargain then and its a bargain now
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tansinator</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This isn't EBay and this isn't Sniper's Hide Traders Outlet... we offer it to members as a service to them, not as a service to anyone who strolls on by.

From what CKA says about you, you need a 14 ft. ladder to reach 15 ft. </div></div>

nice..... had I said that I would have banned again </div></div>

See how I worded that, it still implicates you CKA. You were probably thinking it, so maybe you should be banned again anyway.
wink.gif

I appreciate the forum and the hard work it takes to maintain it.
Other places charge fees and are real clowns about situations.
It's more of power trip for some that mod forums, ooohh I can suspend your account, oooohhh I can lock your account..big deal.
They dont contribute anything to the site. This site is different
from the accounts I have viewed.

I look for content thus the reason I am new here after dealing with crap some where else. It took me time to read up and find a new home with quality and not BS.

this place is a "Best Buy". Thanks to All who make it so.