• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 1000-1,300$ price what lpvo should I get?

postmabail

Stout Gremlin
Minuteman
  • Jan 3, 2020
    Looking to get an lpvo and not sure what type to get any advice would help! Thanks

Top end of your price range but my vote is for the Vortex razor Hd-e 1-6. It stands toe to toe with a few of the higher end lpvo’s.

I got a 416-C kit that I’m selling rn and that will go for like 2,000 so I could also get a NF would that be worth using the extra cash or is a razor or accupower good enough?

Yep, get the XTR2 from Doug. It is one of the best options - and ILya’s recommendation - in the $1000-$1300 range and Doug is selling them for $750.

Just so it’s clear, the part number he linked is the FFP variant, which is the one you want on 8x.

What is the durability like on the XTR2 Compared to that of a razor or Trijicon or vudo?

What is the durability like on the XTR2 Compared to that of a razor or Trijicon or vudo?

The Razor is nigh-indestructible. If you’re being shot at or intentionally tossing your rifle into the back of a truck I’d pick it.

People don’t have complaints about durability of the XTR2 and that one (alone out of the XTR2s) is a LOW design; LOW also makes that Razor and a bunch of other stuff.

I can’t tell you anything on the vudu or Trijicon other than that people seem to like them.

I need a more reliable and tougher scope so I will prob do some more looking into for the razor, there have been a couple that have seemed like good offers and I have some guy who is wanting to trade one for one of my things I got listed on tacswap

I would do the SMRS at that price from Doug. It's a good optic. I have to be honest, I didnt think much about the bushnell stuff until I got one, they are pretty decent. My choice for a bit higher end is the nightforce, but your budget wont cover that

With LPVOs, my recommendations in that price range have not changed much for a bit now. With FFP, I like Burris XTR II 1-8x24. WIth SFP, Vortex Razor Gen 2E 1-6x24.

There are obviously other good options. There are many excellent LPVOs on the market right now, but these are the two I like the most.

ILya

Reactions: powdahound76
    With LPVOs, my recommendations in that price range have not changed much for a bit now. With FFP, I like Burris XTR II 1-8x24. WIth SFP, Vortex Razor Gen 2E 1-6x24.

There are obviously other good options. There are many excellent LPVOs on the market right now, but these are the two I like the most.

ILya
    Thanks, I think I’m going to with the razor, they seem to be tye best from everyone’s opinion I have seen

Unless you must have the scope right now I would suggest waiting until after SHOT. You might prefer something that is being released at the show.

Reactions: lawofsavage
    If it is released at shot what’s the chance of getting your hands on it within the next year, unless your somebody important

If it is released at shot what’s the chance of getting your hands on it within the next year, unless your somebody important
    ^yeah prob be another year if it’s released this year

Wait a year for the new hotness and hope it doesn't disappoint...? No fracking way.

Razor E is nice but I found it underwhelming compared to the PST Gen 2 1-6x24. Yeah it's better, but not twice the price better.

I like the NX-8 but plenty don't.

Really depends what you are shooting it on and what type of shooting you do.

If my life depended on it razor swfa 1-6 or the razor

I see a lot of Razors, Kahles, and VCOGs out in the wild. You can find good deals on VCOGs which bring the price closer to the Razor. Haven’t spent any time behind a Kahles but the guys who use them love them.

I like the Kahles and Vortex Razor. I‘m a NF fan and I couldn’t get used to the NX8 but I love the Razor.

There are a few companies that premiere at SHOT and the scopes are ready to go right after the show. Other companies have some lag time but that is usually easy to sort out.

There are a few companies that premiere at SHOT and the scopes are ready to go right after the show. Other companies have some lag time but that is usually easy to sort out.
    Isn’t vortex doing a 1-10 razor? Or am I high

Isn’t vortex doing a 1-10 razor? Or am I high
    There is a thread running about this. Sounds like the scope MIGHT be real, might not be. One poster stated that he knew someone that one in hand. Keep in mind this is the internet.

I would do the SMRS at that price from Doug. It's a good optic. I have to be honest, I didnt think much about the bushnell stuff until I got one, they are pretty decent. My choice for a bit higher end is the nightforce, but your budget wont cover that

Same here-never considered Bushnell as I can pretty much buy what I want. The Elite Tactical line is really good.

There is a thread running about this. Sounds like the scope MIGHT be real, might not be. One poster stated that he knew someone that one in hand. Keep in mind this is the internet.

A Vortex rep on another forum did not deny it's fake and stated "more to come via social this coming week". If the leaked photos were fake, I'm sure he would have chimed in saying so. We'll see!

Reactions: Mwalex
    A Vortex rep on another forum did not deny it's fake and stated "more to come via social this coming week". If the leaked photos were fake, I'm sure he would have chimed in saying so. We'll see!
    It will be interesting to see where Vortex prices the Gen III 1-10, if it’s close to the Gen IIe then it could certainly take away from sales there, but Vortex might be okay with that - while the “e” is fairly new the 1-6 design has been out a long time and many mfr’s offer viable options so I think it would be smart for Vortex to release the Gen III 1-10 at close to the same price to encourage sales and take away from other mfr’s 1-6 and 1-8. I have it on good authority that Vortex is trying to release scopes when they are ready to ship to avoid the backlash of wait times. If this 1-10 is released next week my hope is we’ll start seeing them on dealers shelves within a month.

I need a more reliable and tougher scope so I will prob do some more looking into for the razor, there have been a couple that have seemed like good offers and I have some guy who is wanting to trade one for one of my things I got listed on tacswap

I've ran a pair of 1-8 FFP XTRIIs in 3Gun ever since it released 3 or 4 years ago. I know if a handful of guys who use it as well. And I've quite simply never seen any group of people as hard on their LPVOs as 3 gunners.

Mine have been flawless. And to date, I've never even heard of anyone breaking a 1-8 XTRII. So durability is as good or better than any scope out there.

I have the 1-6 G2 Razor. And I genuinely do like it. It's a great optic. But head to head I would take the Burris every time. And that's not because I'm the Burris guy. I really like the features and performance better.

And I've quite simply never seen any group of people as hard on their LPVOs as 3 gunners.
    No lie, I had a scope mount with metal from my shotgun rib embedded into it, and a scope with all the cerakote from my pistol magwell permanently transferred onto it.

No lie, I had a scope mount with metal from my shotgun rib embedded into it, and a scope with all the cerakote from my pistol magwell permanently transferred onto it.

Haha! Sounds about right. I've busted multiple Switchviews from hitting the dump box too fast. I snapped one at the Ironman a handful of years ago that made this bizarre popping snapping noise and part of it hit me in the face. I just stood there, dumbstruck for a second trying to figure out what I just busted..

I sold one of my Burris XTRII 1.5-8s a couple years back for dirt cheap. It was so scratched, dented, and beat to hell I couldnt bring myself to even ask a fair value. Worked great. Looked like hammered shit..

• Haha
    Reactions: TonyTheTiger