• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$1000 Chassis System for Rem 700

Texan

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2017
If you had $1000 to spend on a chassis system for a Rem 700 what would you get?

Why spend it all on the chassis? XLR Element and spend the rest on an Atlas instead of a Harris.

specs on the rifle?....and how do you plan on using it? hunting? target shooting? PRS?

I am looking at the Element. My rifle would drop right in. Would you recommend the folding buttstock?

Yes. Works very well and you can adjust the tension on the locking mechanism

XLR for me. I have the Element, Carbon and Evolution and love them all. I have folding stocks on all 3. Allows me to fold the stock and throw it in a much shorter drag/range bag. If your trying to save money the XLR Element is the best bang for the buck chassis out there IMHO.

I am looking at the Element. My rifle would drop right in. Would you recommend the folding buttstock?

I did buy the folding adapter so that I do not have to take the butt stock off to clean the bore (cleaning rod interference) and worry about getting it perfect again.

I have 3 XLR Element chassis, very adjustable, very comfortable, no barrel shroud (which allows for better cooling and also allows you to mount optic closer to the barrel). I also believe it to be the best bang for your buck spent compared to all the other options listed above. I recommend the folder also for many different reasons, quick and easy visual of the chamber is only 1.

for the price range. KRG xray. I am also a fan of the AIC

Agreed. I did just buy a KRG Bravo for my Bighorn TL2 though and hope that I like it.

It's AICS (Accuracy International Chassis System) though.

You leaving off the "S" has bugged me for years on here and arfcom and I just couldnt take it anymore LOL.

$1000....MPA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MPA! For comfort and comfort alone! XLR a close second for their absolutely amazing customer service!

Yesget the folder. First time you have to clean the rifle you will be great full. If you don't get it then you have to adjust your cheek piece over and over again each time you clean.