• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1000 yard range day

dryfire

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2017
WV
Pix of a recent trip to the reclaimed strip mine where my brother and I shoot long range. We can stretch it out to 1800 yds but on this day we were only shooting 1000 since the winds were so strong and crazy.
95c39b83f2f55d8c7008526742586243.jpg

fdc7a338807bcfc2f35bde46e5a259db.jpg

a2112a29f8a39cb50a32d1bcde76f7eb.jpg

3d32333605b148213d219431023af5f7.jpg

My hands and body were so cold after we were done, I forgot to take pix of the steel as we placed it back into the Jeep. My bros 6.5 CM beat the steel up pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like a great time, your lucky to have a place you can shoot that far. Funny how you don't notice the cold so much until after your done having fun!

2nd and 4th picture guy closest to the vehicle.

What type stock and barrel is that?

A little information if you don't mind sharing.

You are very lucky to have a place to shoot them distances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure on the barrel but the stock looks to be a McMillan A5

Manners T2A and a Criterion barrel with a heavy varmint contour 6.5 CM

Ah, the recoil, the visual confirmation through the scope, the delayed sound of the impact coming back to you - nothing quite like steel therapy to sooth the soul.

I would love to have a place like this to shoot at. Looks like a good time except for the cold though.

We went shooting again today. Here's a few more pix.
ca2014186486415f990e016ec50f2fbc.jpg

6562c291476e09b92944b31d05b4bff2.jpg

7787b0105a5339afb5be2cf45c8aef8e.jpg

We had 5 steel targets set up at ranges from 491 to 860 yards.
I put 67 rounds through my 7mm-08 Rem today. It's a fun rifle to shoot. My brother is in the background doing some math for dope. He's not praying to Mecca though he is facing east. Lol.

Damn dryfire, I envy you guys for your primo shooting spot... I'm gonna start looking around a bit more here locally for something similar...

Of course today I had to work. And the weather along the front range was perfect. Well I guess it's ok since I need to reload a ton now first.... Nice pics

Of course today I had to work. And the weather along the front range was perfect. Well I guess it's ok since I need to reload a ton now first.... Nice pics

I too need to spend some time reloading. I'll have to pick up some 7mm 162 ELD-M and .30 cal 175 SMKs. Also need some more 4451 and 4064. I'm good on brass and primers. I guess we gotta pay to play.

72b025503396914262e2272532cb45f9.jpg

My brother and I shot again for 3 hours today from this vantage point. We busted steel and rocks from 450-900 yards with three different short action cartridges very consistently in a 10 mph wind. My brother was running his 6.5 CM and I was behind a .308 Win and a 7mm-08 Rem. The 6.5 CM and the 7-08 with 162 ELD-M bullets are nearly ballistic twins at these ranges. The .308 with 175 TMKs held its own today thanks to the improved BCs it brings to the table. All targets were MOA or less and we honestly seldom missed unless the the wind changed quickly on us. Fun day !!!!

If you don't mind sharing what kind of velocity are you getting with the 708? What length barrel?
I want to try a 708 for a hunting/target rifle

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2595-2610 depending on temps. 24" barrel

72b025503396914262e2272532cb45f9.jpg

My brother and I shot again for 3 hours today from this vantage point. We busted steel and rocks from 450-900 yards with three different short action cartridges very consistently in a 10 mph wind. My brother was running his 6.5 CM and I was behind a .308 Win and a 7mm-08 Rem. The 6.5 CM and the 7-08 with 162 ELD-M bullets are nearly ballistic twins at these ranges. The .308 with 175 TMKs held its own today thanks to the improved BCs it brings to the table. All targets were MOA or less and we honestly seldom missed unless the the wind changed quickly on us. Fun day !!!!

I'm Still Waiting On That Invite dryfire!! Lol

I'm Still Waiting On That Invite dryfire!! Lol

Lol. These are my brother's places that he has worked to find. While he doesn't own or control access to these areas, he is tight lipped about them and has sworn me to secrecy. Kind of like I protect my big buck spots.

Last edited:
Going to try to break my 1k cherry Sunday any tips?

Bring lots of ammo, a couple of different rifles and just enjoy yourself. Learn to read the wind and don't be timid with your wind calls.

Sorry for the multiple posts. Dang Tap a Talk !!

Lol. These are my brother's places that he has worked to find. While he doesn't own or control access to these areas, he is tight lipped about them and has sworn me to secrecy. Kind of like I protect my big buck spots.

Dude, your Killin me !!!