• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1000 yard scope power

Re: 1000 yard scope power

Would you see more clarity with a nightforce than a lp? I have shot both, but dont remember. Would it be $ 500 worth off difference?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verdugo60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would you see more clarity with a nightforce than a lp? I have shot both, but dont remember. Would it be $ 500 worth off difference? </div></div>

I can make out more detail in my NF over my LP optics when comparing them at the same powers and the image is a little brighter with the same Objective sizes. Is it worth 500 more? Only you can answer that.

Leupolds are nice and when they can be found on the used market around 700-850 (MK4 and older Vari-III tacticals) they are worth it... I wouldnt pay anywhere near what they are going for new though, for that money I would buy NF every time.

Reactions: Saracen

You will need a good clarity optic. Stick with Schmidt and Bender, USO, and Night Force. Those 3 brands are perfect. I would stick with 22x magnification for going out that distance.

My 12x power Schmidt and Bender was good up to about 800 meters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CIB PERCENT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will need a good clarity optic. Stick with Schmidt and Bender, USO, and Night Force. Those 3 brands are perfect. I would stick with 22x magnification for going out that distance.

My 12x power Schmidt and Bender was good up to about 800 meters. </div></div>

Hurry and run them up !!!!

so you can sell this, like the outta the blue PM you sent me !!

J<span style="font-weight: bold">ust thought maybe you would be interested. Has 35 rounds thru it and has a Badger tactical bolt knob, side bolt release, and it is custom camo painted. Everything including the camo was done by GA Precision. Let me know and I can send more pics. </span>

Sorry original poster... this guy needs the ban hammer !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sherpa_Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CIB PERCENT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will need a good clarity optic. Stick with Schmidt and Bender, USO, and Night Force. Those 3 brands are perfect. I would stick with 22x magnification for going out that distance.

My 12x power Schmidt and Bender was good up to about 800 meters. </div></div>

Hurry and run them up !!!!

so you can sell this, like the outta the blue PM you sent me !!

J<span style="font-weight: bold">ust thought maybe you would be interested. Has 35 rounds thru it and has a Badger tactical bolt knob, side bolt release, and it is custom camo painted. Everything including the camo was done by GA Precision. Let me know and I can send more pics. </span>

Sorry original poster... this guy needs the ban hammer ! </div></div>

Oh No He Didnt!

Reactions: Saracen

That's because he took a month off for back door sales.
wink.gif

I run NF 5.5x22 NPR1.Have shot out to 2000M with no problems seeing Steel IPSC targets at that range.NF 15x will be just fine at 1000 personally I would go with the 5.5x22 though

Hi, I am thinking about scope choices for a 300 win mag rifle coming to me. I don't have access to 1000 yard range within 2 hour driving, but want to set up the rifle so the capacity is there in the future

What's a good compromise in scope power that accommodate the full range between 200 to 1000 yards? Using nightforce as example, I am debating between 4.5-15 verus 5-22, taking the cost difference out

Thank you for input on this
You don't need more than 10x for 1000 yards. In fact, in hot weather, anything above this can cause mirage. You don't need parallax adjustment either, up to 10x power.
If you can get away with not needing lower magnification, get a fixed 8X or 10X.