• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(100YARD), Semi-Auto, 6groups, 30round SHOOTOUT!

Re: (100YARD), Semi-Auto, 6groups, 30round SHOOTOUT!

Nice work Austin! Thanks for posting them.

I hope to be able to get out in a couple weeks and post my sure-to-be-poor groups here. I'm new to this, but believe in stepping up with what you got.

Got a chance yesterday to see if I could do any better, with mixed results. Average got better but best group got worse. Felt pretty good about it till the last two groups. I guess the pressure got to me.
RRA 24" Bull .223
Shot from bipod and rear bag off bench
Average .601
Best Group .456
Reloads W/26gr RL-15 55gr NBT

[img:center]
35avn03.jpg
[/img]

[img:center]http://
m7z8mu.jpg
[/img]

[img:center]
2q33n8x.jpg
[/img]

nice work boone3380. WTG on improving your average and making the honorable mention#1 !!! got to love those RRA varmint rifles!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone3380</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got a chance yesterday to see if I could do any better, with mixed results. Average got better but best group got worse. Felt pretty good about it till the last two groups. I guess the pressure got to me.
RRA 24" Bull .223
Shot from bipod and rear bag off bench
Average .601
Best Group .456
Reloads W/26gr RL-15 55gr NBT
</div></div>

Deadly0311, please edit your post so it matches the example entry on the original post, until then your entry will not count. thank you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went out today and shot this after zeroing a new scope.

Gun details:
Knights SR25 ECC
SB 3-12 Gen 2 Mildot
Federal GMM 168s
</div></div>

late to the party!
smile.gif

rushed things a bit more then i should have (rain was coming in). first group was better then i have ever done and i prolly cant do it again, my best till today was 0.185!

DPMS REPR 24" Kreiger bull bbl@ 100yards with harris bipod front fist and ball of cloth rear
shot prone
Average was .3198"
Best group was .054"
Rifle used = DPMS REPR in .260rem
Barrel Length / Type = 24" custom Kreiger sst bull bbl
Optics = 4-16x50, Nikon Monarch BDC
Mount = Badger ord high rings
Shot with reloads
freash rem brass
cci BR
42.8 gr IMR 4350
140g Berger VLD Target
2.810 COAL

target1-0054.jpg

target2-0200.jpg

target3-0364.jpg

target4-0455.jpg

target5-0415.jpg

target6-0431.jpg

SH2target.jpg

SHtarget.jpg

yes, 5 bullets went through that hole
OMGgroup.jpg

REPR-1.jpg

url]

-0.264 bullet
avg 0.3198

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AWESOME shooting, Overkill!</div></div> +1!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overkill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SH2target.jpg

-0.264 bullet
avg 0.3198 </div></div>

Hol-lee SHIT! Game over. You win. Amazing shooting!

bad ass gun, where are the targets from I like the sighter bull in the upper left, looks excellent for ocw.

Damn these DPMS rifles can shoot. That's bolt gun territory there. Way to go Overkill.

holy shit overkill!! do you understand you are the first person in many to get the .5moa crown for a semi-auto??? now, i'm not being a ball buster as these are the rules i set many many weeks ago in order for you to get the .5moa shoots all day long crown... EDIT YOUR EXISTING POST FOLLOWING THESE RULES (including the example entry post listed in the original post) and i'll get you on the original post as being the MAN!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000">15.) IF and only IF, with a semi-auto, you get ALL 6 total groups, 5shots each, consecutively shot in one day of shooting, AT or UNDER .5"moa ON EACH GROUP @ 100yards, THEN you will get the esteemed title of, "This person, (your name), with this semi-auto rifle, (type/brand of rifle), shoots .5moa ALL DAY LONG" on the original post!!!! <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">You will be required to have caliper measurements with pics ON EACH GROUP if you think you made it this far!! </span></span>No cheaters or you will be called out if anything looks fishy... Until then, you are mostly just full of BS! Which also goes for myself! I do NOT have a .5moa all day long rifle! My rifle and myself are more like a .7 to .8 all day long kind of team!! JK LOL</span>
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overkill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">late to the party!
smile.gif

rushed things a bit more then i should have (rain was coming in). first group was better then i have ever done and i prolly cant do it again, my best till today was 0.185!
custom DPMS REPR with 24in sst Kreiger bull bbl chambered in .260rem.
handloaded 140g Berger VLD target, 42.8g IMR4350, CCI BR primer, COAL 2.810
target1-0054.jpg

SH2target.jpg

SHtarget.jpg

OMGgroup.jpg

REPR-1.jpg

REPR.jpg

-0.264 bullet
avg 0.3198 </div></div>

Dam you Overkill!
mad.gif
That is amazing shooting there. Now I have to go back out to the range and try again! Maybe....
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: squin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn these DPMS rifles can shoot. That's bolt gun territory there. Way to go Overkill. </div></div>

Yes that they can! Also just had to go double check and his best group is smaller then the best bolt group!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">holy shit overkill!! do you understand you are the first person in many to get the .5moa crown for a semi-auto??? now, i'm not being a ball buster as these are the rules i set many many weeks ago in order for you to get the .5moa shoots all day long crown... EDIT YOUR EXISTING POST FOLLOWING THESE RULES (including the example entry post listed in the original post) and i'll get you on the original post as being the MAN!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000">15.) IF and only IF, with a semi-auto, you get ALL 6 total groups, 5shots each, consecutively shot in one day of shooting, AT or UNDER .5"moa ON EACH GROUP @ 100yards, THEN you will get the esteemed title of, "This person, (your name), with this semi-auto rifle, (type/brand of rifle), shoots .5moa ALL DAY LONG" on the original post!!!! <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">You will be required to have caliper measurements with pics ON EACH GROUP if you think you made it this far!! </span></span>No cheaters or you will be called out if anything looks fishy... Until then, you are mostly just full of BS! Which also goes for myself! I do NOT have a .5moa all day long rifle! My rifle and myself are more like a .7 to .8 all day long kind of team!! JK LOL</span>
</div></div>
</div></div>
sorry, missed that one
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njnicky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bad ass gun, where are the targets from I like the sighter bull in the upper left, looks excellent for ocw. </div></div>
thanx!
they are just bulk targets from the local fleet farm.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Attention everyone!! welcome to the "this person can shoot .5moa all day long" crown winner!!! Good job overkill!

The party is NOT over! Keep on going everyone. This thread is still alive and there can be more than one .5moa crown holder.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overkill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">late to the party!
smile.gif

custom DPMS REPR with 24in sst Kreiger bull bbl chambered in .260rem.
handloaded 140g Berger VLD target, 42.8g IMR4350, CCI BR primer, COAL 2.810
target1-0054.jpg

target2-0200.jpg

target3-0364.jpg

target4-0455.jpg

target5-0415.jpg

target6-0431.jpg

SH2target.jpg

SHtarget.jpg

OMGgroup.jpg

REPR-1.jpg

url]

-0.264 bullet
avg 0.3198
</div></div>

MAN, i'm holding on to 10th place by the skin of my teeth from page#1 and i'm the only 7.62 / .308 kid left on the block!!!! I need to get my shit together!!

BTW overkill, feel free to talk all the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">"i can shoot .5moa all day long with my .260 DPMS REPR"</span></span> smack talk you want on this forum. I will not say a thing! as for everyone else including myself, we have work to do!! JK LOL

Been away a while and have fell nearly off the list. Wow guys, you have really came to the ball. Good job Men, I really need to find time to play more.

Lester, what??? have you been stuck in a hole? I figured you would've submitted a new entry by now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been away a while and have fell nearly off the list. Wow guys, you have really came to the ball. Good job Men, I really need to find time to play more. </div></div>

elfster1234 said:
Lester, what??? have you been stuck in a hole? I figured you would've submitted a new entry by now.

How did you know? Coal mine, can't see the yard in daylight to save my butt.

Bump!

I think I'm gonna get out with another rifle this week.

Well gang, I think these shootouts have run their course and I think it is time for me to shut them down. I think we have all received some good info from them and I hope you all enjoyed them. RL stuff is pulling my time away from my forum posts. Feel free to keep on posting!

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Like I said before,,,,, keep on posting if you want but I will no longer be updating the OP.</span></span></span>

Thank again!

smile.gif

DPMS REPR 24" Kreiger bull bbl@ 100yards with harris bipod front fist and ball of cloth rear
shot prone
Average was .3198"
Best group was .054"
Shot with reloads
freash rem brass
cci BR
42.8 gr IMR 4350
140g Berger VLD Target
2.810 COAL

target1-0054.jpg

target2-0200.jpg

target3-0364.jpg

target4-0455.jpg

target5-0415.jpg

target6-0431.jpg

SH2target.jpg

SHtarget.jpg

OMGgroup.jpg

REPR-1.jpg

url]

-0.264 bullet
avg 0.3198
</div></div>

Nice shooting. Heard Kreiger's would shoot bug holes. Again, very nice.

Found this too late!!! Oh well, will get out this weekend and post up the results!

I think <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="color: #FF0000">SOME OF YOU</span></span></span> need to be reminded of this forum posting. I might not be updating this anymore, but I will for any 1/2MOA all day long talkers out there. I'm always game for updating this for a 2nd runner up semi-auto 1/2Moa all day long crown holder.

elf you need to learn your place you dipshit, its documented that the GAP10 can shoot sub moa, the LMT was shot by multiple magazines and won two contracts on its ability to shoot sup MOA with ball ammo. the larue OBR has been tested to shoot sub moa ALL DAMN DAY. multiple of the best shooters in this country shoot GAP10's as competition guns and they wouldn't unless the things shot. you want to pick a fight man go ahead. I am the last person to bullshit or fluff my ego online i have better things to do. I won't say shit like "your big and bad online" or caps lock you to death cuz it wouldn't do either of us any good but do your freaking research man. the gassers nowadays will shoot all but the very best bolt guns nowadays.

keep on talking bigdick with less walking, get in the back of the line you "dipshit" like you would say... I could give a shit what you say really.

I think it is safe to say, and many others on this semi-auto forum would say they same, that I do NOT run my ego. Read this whole forum posting and say those words to me once more. I've been more than nice to everyone who has posted on this thread other than you....

you need to learn your place also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">elf you need to learn your place you dipshit, its documented that the GAP10 can shoot sub moa, the LMT was shot by multiple magazines and won two contracts on its ability to shoot sup MOA with ball ammo. the larue OBR has been tested to shoot sub moa ALL DAMN DAY. multiple of the best shooters in this country shoot GAP10's as competition guns and they wouldn't unless the things shot. you want to pick a fight man go ahead. I am the last person to bullshit or fluff my ego online i have better things to do. I won't say shit like "your big and bad online" or caps lock you to death cuz it wouldn't do either of us any good but do your freaking research man. the gassers nowadays will shoot all but the very best bolt guns nowadays. </div></div>

Foot in mouth syndrome might be relevant here....

what words? that your a dibshit? really your getting fired up over some fucking text? i've been drinking so maybe i'm goin a little overboard but whatever. what are you goin to do if i don't? its the internet? really?

i don't care how nice you have been your posting information that is invalid and then calling me out when i post a rebuttle? cuz you want me to do what? go outside and shoot a group on video that is sub moa? oh wait its already been done multiple times with the guns in question. Its been documented and tested by foreign goverments and you call me out? really BRO.

you really have no clue...

i can tell you have been drinking because you've used the word BRO way too much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what words? that your a dibshit? really your getting fired up over some fucking text? i've been drinking so maybe i'm goin a little overboard but whatever. what are you goin to do if i don't? its the internet? really?

i don't care how nice you have been your posting information that is invalid and then calling me out when i post a rebuttle? cuz you want me to do what? go outside and shoot a group on video that is sub moa? oh wait its already been done multiple times with the guns in question. Its been documented and tested by foreign goverments and you call me out? really BRO.

</div></div>

Wow! I must have missed an edit!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Foot in mouth syndrome might be relevant here.... </div></div>
grin.gif

Woohoo! Yes, talk...easy. Get rifle from safe, corner, underdirt, whatever...follow instructions of opportunity for proof of individual reality...the walk. Post up the picks, everyone!

(Waiting for Kreiger barrel myself.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cuz you want me to do what? go outside and shoot a group on video that is sub moa? oh wait its already been done multiple times with the guns in question. Its been documented and tested by foreign goverments and you call me out?</div></div>
It's an opportunity for someone to shoot their rifle and produce proof. Guns "documented and tested" might only have a manufacturer's name relationship, and they might not even be one in one your, or my, possession. So, if you like, you can, mostly, prove to yourself that the firearm one owns and operates can accomplish the challenge. Posting the results...your freedom to do so or not.

I must have missed something somewhere.

I thought the whole point of this post was NOT to measure which rifle will shoot sub-MOA all day but which shooter (with their rifle) can shoot sub-MOA all day.
Supported by a standardized photographic validating and presentation to support those results.

Not much to argument about I feel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Raivkka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought the whole point of this post was NOT to measure which rifle will shoot sub-MOA all day but which shooter (with their rifle) can shoot sub-MOA all day.</div></div>
Bingo. It's an easy concept to grasp by many. Others....not so much.

+2 ^^^

I plan on posting my attempt at this soon, probably sometime in December. I don't expect to make the leader board since I'm new at this and especially new with the semi-auto, but I like the challenge.

I also realize that elfster isn't 'moderating' the results anymore but don't care. The thread deserves to live on as it was intended. For people to put their targets where their mouth is, on the board.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ropegun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Raivkka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought the whole point of this post was NOT to measure which rifle will shoot sub-MOA all day but which shooter (with their rifle) can shoot sub-MOA all day.</div></div>
Bingo. It's an easy concept to grasp by many. Others....not so much. </div></div>

Meanwhile the guy that started the thread tried to tangle the meaning with that other thread...

Hater's are gonna hate.

What good is a 1/2 MOA gun if you as a shooter don't have the skill to prove it?

I find it very interesting that some relatively inexpensive, production guns can shoot just as well if not better than the more expesinve custom guns.

Most guns shoot better than the driver. That's a fact.

But what you ignore is how many "relatively inexpensive" guns don't shoot for every one that does. The more expensive guns all shoot well.

Kind of like Remington or Savage bolt actions. Some of them shoot great, some of them don't. EVERY GAP shoots. EVERY AI shoots. EVERY SAC shoots, etc.

Is this challenge still going? I hope it didn't fall by the wayside. I took the liberty of loading up sixty rounds with the load from my OCW thread (see below.)

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3751882&#Post3751882

I was going out at the next possible chance I have (it's been snowing of late.) So is this challenge still up for grabs? I'd like to see how I do in the running. As a side note, I'd like to suggest this thread to be made a sticky for the simple reason that there aren't any stickies in the Semi-Auto rifle section yet and because it allows other semi-auto marksmen to see how their rifles and abilities stack up.

The thread is still going, but elfster isn't updating the board any more. I may give it another try when the weather gets a little better.

Re: SemiAuto, 6 groups, 5shot each, 30 round SHOOTOUT!

USMAGator,

My buddy has a OBR and I worket up a load for him that gets quarter moa easily. You should consider giving it a shot. Hope it helps.

Sierra Match King 175gr Hollow Point Boat Tail

2.003 inch case length

2.865 inch COAL

Hodgdon Varget 44.0gr

Winchester Large Rifle Primers

Hornady Match Brass

Overkill...... You still kicking? Still got the .5moa all day long rifle and skills rolling? No one has been able to come close to your home run entry.

late to the party!
smile.gif

shot prone
Average was .3198"
Best group was .054"
Shot with reloads
freash rem brass
cci BR
42.8 gr IMR 4350
140g Berger VLD Target