• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(100YARD), Semi-Auto, 6groups, 30round SHOOTOUT!

Re: SemiAuto, 6 groups, 5shot each, 30 round SHOOTOUT!

yeah, those gaps are amazing rifles...

now, if I could just get you to shoot that "other" rifle of yours, then all accuracy guarantees go right out the window!! LOL... so looking forward to it. Hehehehe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No elfster, you are not wrong. When i purchased my Gap-10 it was posted on the website of 3/4 MOA. And now they have taken it down.. I wonder why that is???
If i had to guess a few knobs that dont really know how to shoot or develop loads bought one and couldn't hold that 3/4Moa. and probably filed a lawsuit or some BullS*&T like that...Its america people dont take responsibility for their own issues here...we just call a lawyer and sue, one messed up nation...

The rifle shoots.. Its a freaking hammer.. Does it hold 3/4MOA.. well obviously i didnt with my Gap-10 but i was very close.. I wont blame the gun though... I know it was my poor time/Heat management skills with lack of fundamentals practiced that day..

The gun is a work of art. I love everything about it, and I will order another GAP rifle very soon. Probably this month. George has a dream team of gunsmiths that know how to build precision rifles. If you've never put your hands on one then its a must. Immediately you will know its not your everyday AR-10..and when you shoot it, it reinforces what you paid for... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texasbrian66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dan

My Stag came with a 1/2 MOA guarantee even though it only cost $872.00 including FFL fee. If I cannot consistently get 1/2 MOA. I will call them up and hold them to their word. You are right about the Stag it is a very good deal for the accuracy you can get

If you are considering a bolt action take a look at the Savage 10FCP LE 308 with a HS Precision Stock. I am very happy with mine.

</div></div>

I think that to shoot under 1" isn't that big of a deal. To go under 1/2" it takes a fair amount of shooter skill. If you can get 0.5" once and awhile, you know the gun is capable of it. By the way, you have to shoot good ammo to get that 0.5". I have done it with my reloads and Fed Gold Medal Match. With Hornady Steel Metal Match I was shooting around 0.75" at one point fairly consistently.

Your Savage, are you getting close to 0.5" or just under 1"? I really have no reason to get a bolt if semis can consistently shoot 1 MOA.

--Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So Stag has a .5MOA Guarantee in a semi auto platform? Are you sure about this? My Custom Semi didnt even come with that....ive never heard of .5moa guarantee unless it was Les Baer or some top of the line custom maker... Not to say you wont find a diamond in the ruff with proper loads and great luck, but its hard to believe stag would guarantee every single one of thier ar's .5moa... I think i need to see this in writing...And if you prove me wrong ill go buy one for shits and giggles....</div></div>

The 0.5" promise is right on their website. I can't shoot that all the time but I do occasion. The limiting factor I believe is me and not the gun. The name GotGoodGroups is meant to be a question as in "GotGoodGroups?" LOL I really havent been shooting that long. Seriously though that Stag is an amazing piece of kit where you consider the price. It has a 24" bull barrel though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gotgoodgroups, one pattern that i'm starting to see, regardless of manufacture is,,,, IF you want nothing but an accuracy "bench" AR rifle for nothing but plugging holes in paper,,,, then you better make sure it has a BULL barrel..
</div></div>

Can you define Bull Barrel? The one on my Armalite is 20" and 0.8" thick. The Stag has a much heavier looking barrel but then again its a smaller hole. (.224 vs 308)

If rebarreling it would allow me to shoot faster and keep things consistently under 1" I would not hesitate to do it.

--Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GotGoodGroups</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So Stag has a .5MOA Guarantee in a semi auto platform? Are you sure about this? My Custom Semi didnt even come with that....ive never heard of .5moa guarantee unless it was Les Baer or some top of the line custom maker... Not to say you wont find a diamond in the ruff with proper loads and great luck, but its hard to believe stag would guarantee every single one of thier ar's .5moa... I think i need to see this in writing...And if you prove me wrong ill go buy one for shits and giggles....</div></div>

The 0.5" promise is right on their website. I can't shoot that all the time but I do occasion. The limiting factor I believe is me and not the gun. The name GotGoodGroups is meant to be a question as in "GotGoodGroups?" LOL I really havent been shooting that long. Seriously though that Stag is an amazing piece of kit where you consider the price. It has a 24" bull barrel though.

</div></div> Ill be waiting for the pics of the groups....

My LMT has a "heavy" barrel or H-Bar.

DMpowder's sweet 16 has a bull barrel.

Can check out the original post top ten to see which page the rifle / pics are posted on FYI.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GotGoodGroups</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gotgoodgroups, one pattern that i'm starting to see, regardless of manufacture is,,,, IF you want nothing but an accuracy "bench" AR rifle for nothing but plugging holes in paper,,,, then you better make sure it has a BULL barrel..
</div></div>

Can you define Bull Barrel? The one on my Armalite is 20" and 0.8" thick. The Stag has a much heavier looking barrel but then again its a smaller hole. (.224 vs 308)

If rebarreling it would allow me to shoot faster and keep things consistently under 1" I would not hesitate to do it.

--Dan </div></div>

I just looked on the Stag site. I can't find that 0.5" promise anymore. When I bought mine, I know that it was there. I was extremely skeptical and was quite shocked during the break in period.

If you shoot the wrong weight of bullet, it will only shoot about 1.5". I found 77 gr. to be about the best.

--Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GotGoodGroups</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just looked on the Stag site. I can't find that 0.5" promise anymore. When I bought mine, I know that it was there. I was extremely skeptical and was quite shocked during the break in period.

If you shoot the wrong weight of bullet, it will only shoot about 1.5". I found 77 gr. to be about the best.

--Dan</div></div> It seems They are not the only ones removing accuracy guarantees for semi rifles.. I think Stag makes a great rifle.. However i wish you'd post your groups by following the op.. That's all im saying. Lets see the panties..talk is cheap!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> However i wish you'd post your groups by following the op.. That's all im saying. Lets see the panties..talk is cheap!</div></div>

Oh, I am by no means one of these "it shoots 0.5" all day long guys". I hear you on that one. First off I am not a great shot. However I do get groups that are close to 0.5" on a regular basis. I really doubt I could shoot 6 groups in a row that are 0.5". I am guessing that my average will be somewhere between 0.7" and 1.0" though. With good ammo staying under 1" is feasible alot of the time if there is no wind. With my Armalite the 1" barrier is a challenge to stay under.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your rifle company 1/2" moa guarantee is prob with match ammo with rifle strapped / vised down like no other... i wouldn't beat yourself up nor your rifle if you don't get the 1/2"Moa crown title. </div></div>

I agree with that. My only claim with my Stag is that for the money it has exceeded my expectations and would buy another gun from them without hesitation.

The bad news is that it has caused me to question the expensive custom guns. I am not really sure what one is paying for, but having said that I am considering one now.

--Dan

GotGoodGroups,
Post your entry pics already. That's what this thread is for.

We want to see the reality, not hear the huff...
smile.gif

OK guys

I really do not want to sound like a blow hard. I do not have anything to prove and I do not want to prove anybody wrong. I just want to share my hobby with others who enjoy it. I do not know much about ARs and I would like to learn more with your help. If I add my 2 cents and it helps someone I will be very pleased.

I called stag customer service (860-229-9994) this morning and confirmed what the 2011 catalog has printed on page 7 (0.5 MOA Guarantee). When I called last year they told me that the 0.5 MOA Guarantee was good for any ammo but I found that Federal Gold Match works best.

I will try to make it to the range this weekend so that I can post my targets. I shoot at The Rod and Gun Club in El Paso TX.

ELFSTER1234 I will be easy to recognize. I will be the guy wit the AR taped to the bench. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texasbrian66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK guys

I really do not want to sound like a blow hard. I do not have anything to prove and I do not want to prove anybody wrong. I just want to share my hobby with others who enjoy it. I do not know much about ARs and I would like to learn more with your help. If I add my 2 cents and it helps someone I will be very pleased.

I called stag customer service (860-229-9994) this morning and confirmed what the 2011 catalog has printed on page 7 (0.5 MOA Guarantee). <span style="color: #CC0000">When I called last year they told me that the 0.5 MOA Guarantee was good for <span style="font-weight: bold">any ammo</span></span> but I found that Federal Gold Match works best.

I will try to make it to the range this weekend so that I can post my targets. I shoot at The Rod and Gun Club in El Paso TX.

ELFSTER1234 I will be easy to recognize. I will be the guy wit the AR taped to the bench. lol
</div></div>

No wonder stag took down that claim. Any ammo? What a joke.

Maybe they mean if you shoot 100 3-shot groups, at least one of them will be .5MOA or better. Otherwise, someone should call and complain that their Stag rifle won't group .5MOA with Wolf 55gr.
whistle.gif

223 ammo
I do not know how to post pics yet but if you follow this link you can see how ammo played a huge factor in accuracy. Federal gold Match compared to Hornady practice. I will test my ar this weekend and submit pics for the shootout.

Is this an on going thing or is it to late submit groups? I don't figure I'll be upsetting any of the top tens but I'd love to try. Also, I agree on the .5 inch all day long statement. I've had guns that were probably capable of this feat but it would take someone besides me steering them down range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NNTX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this an on going thing or is it to late submit groups? I don't figure I'll be upsetting any of the top tens but I'd love to try. Also, I agree on the .5 inch all day long statement. I've had guns that were probably capable of this feat but it would take someone besides me steering them down range. </div></div>

He has said a couple of times so far it is on going thing and no stop date has been set yet! So don't be pushing it off and get out there and put some lead down range.
grin.gif

Also why all the talk lately? Dam the last page is nothing but guys talking about their rifles and not shooting them like this thread is supposed to be for! Stop posting about what your rifle should or could do and start posting targets with your rifle doing the talking.
wink.gif

Remember the part in the movie Tommy boy about the guarantee on the side of the box??

That was a great movie!!! I can't tell you what Tommy Boy said but David at Stag told me on the phone today that Stag Arms would exchange the gun if it did not shoot .5 MOA for life. I will submit the pics of my test. Hopefully it does well.

Finally got to shoot this and I feel like I did pretty well. I know I pulled a couple, but overall I'm happy. I don't know what was up with my first shot group(bottom left). Maybe I should have done some dry fire first.

String of fire was load six rounds in the mag so I wouldn't get a last round flyer due to the bolt locking to the rear. I'd say about 5 to 10 minutes between groups, just enough that the barrel would cool down some. Never fired if the barrel felt more than warm, the barrel never cooled all the way between groups though.

Measured center to center but it was kind of hard on the one hole groups. I know my group sizes are smaller using the outside to outside method but thought the rules were center to center so here they are.

IMG_0773.jpg

Best group
IMG_0774.jpg

Rifle is a Noveske SS 18" SPR with Geissele SSA trigger.
Optic is a CQBSS
This is the upper I used in Astan and knew it was a shooter. It held group of man out to 800, but didn't think it would post groups like this. I can't speak enough about how much I love this rifle, I definitely got a good one.

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

Cheers

Just saw that both my pictures have to have the calipers in them, so I am going to retake them.

Fixed, should be good to go. Also for the break in Nazis, this was broke in on a range by zeroing at 100, then banging some e-types out to 800; no cleaning in between rounds or anything like that. I think the real break in was during our first fire fight where two mags got dumped in about a minute.

victory,,, first and foremost, kick ass shooting and nice rifle man!!

second, your best group is so darn small, could you please measure the group width from the widest points and deduct the caliber... hard to get a measurement lock on your group being one big hole like that... hopefully you don't mind.

hook me up with a single pic with the above note and i'll get you on the board, thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just saw that both my pictures have to have the calipers in them, so I am going to retake them. </div></div>

you almost need to when your groups get that small and I can't tell which bullet hole is which.

if you are shooting a 5.56 / .223,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then you would deduct .224 from the group width

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was going to do that on the small ones but didn't think that was allowed.
</div></div>

damn, that's actually a really good idea! just as long as you dont take that extra shot!<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

String of fire was load six rounds in the mag so I wouldn't get a last round flyer due to the bolt locking to the rear. </div></div>

Okay, this is the new measurement from outside to outside. Think my new group average is now a .515

"second, your best group is so darn small, could you please measure the group width from the widest points and deduct the caliber... hard to get a measurement lock on your group being one big hole like that... hopefully you don't mind." Elfster1234

hook me up with a single pic with the above note and i'll get you on the board, thanks!

IMG_0776.jpg

Victory great shooting, great rifle and most of all thanks for your service!!!

awesome job victory! welcome to the leader boards! i love the look of the rifle. keep it real. oh yeah, welcome to the sub-moa board to boot!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay, this is the new measurement from outside to outside. Think my new group average is now a .515

"second, your best group is so darn small, could you please measure the group width from the widest points and deduct the caliber... hard to get a measurement lock on your group being one big hole like that... hopefully you don't mind." Elfster1234

IMG_0776.jpg
</div></div>

It's still sporting my overseas paint job. I bought this upper and optic on my own dime before the deployment because I wanted to have another took in the tool box for me and my guys. I was planning on selling it when I got back in the hopes of recouping the cash, but have decided to keep it and will hopefully give it to a son one day. Figured the rifle I wen't to war with would be pretty cool thing to pass down. Was going to buy a Colt lower and Gemtech can like I used, but said screw it. Went with a Templar and Noveske lower. I don't want to pay for a select fire trigger, so that would never be the same, so figured I could give in other areas too if it wasn't ever going to be 100%.

Thanks for the compliments and thanks for the thread, it was fun and glad I tried it. Shooting groups usually isn't my thing, but I wanted to see what the gun and I could do. Pretty sure I was the weak end of that scenario.

Next time I am going to do the 100m bolt challenge with my factory M70, should be fun.

Victory had me a little worried so I had to go back out but this time with a different load.
wink.gif

Had I done my normal warm up with the .22LR I would not have blown that first group and I would have had the .5 crown!
mad.gif
Oh well maybe once the cold front passes over. Way to dam cold to be out shooting paper that was for sure.

Avg is .459
Best is .197
Moved me up a tiny bit more!

Load was 55gr HPBT #1390's with 25grs of Benchmark loaded at 2.240 OAL.

This time I measured with the caliper zeroed at .224 so I wouldn't have to do more math and I thought I would give it a try as I have never measured groups like this.

Last 2 targets I tried a different aiming point and the first try it worked pretty good but I blew it on the second time. Still trying to find that perfect target!
100_0571.jpg

Rounded up to .197
100_0574.jpg

And just to show you how fun it can be to find your true measurement. I could have easily claimed this but since Elfster said we had to be honest. Goes to show you your one hole group needs to be measured from all sides and every which way you can. Same group as above with the caliper still zeroed on .224! Always take the bigger number

100_0575.jpg

Hey dmpowder is gonna learn how to shoot yet!
grin.gif
what can be said but great shooting from both you and victory.I'm taking notes,let see warm up first with the .17 and load 6.Something has to help.

OK GUYS AND GALS!! fun stuff starting today!!

First, the semi-auto 300yard shooout just started! yeah! it is on a whole different thread!

Second, STARTING RIGHT NOW AND TODAY, if your entry does NOT looks like the example entry listed on the original post, then it will not count until it is fixed.

Thank you and have fun!

my god dmpowder, just when i think your groups couldn't get any more stupid small, you out do yourself. sheeessshhh, nice work man!!! You are the man! I think it is safe to say my LMT is not going to even come close to this. Also, I think this just proves to everyone how damn hard getting the .5moa crown really is.. My god, you came damn close bro! Kick ass job! WTG on improving both of your scores! I'm not sure if I should really like you or hate you right now! LOL JK.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmpowder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Victory had me a little worried so I had to go back out but this time with a different load.
wink.gif

Had I done my normal warm up with the .22LR I would not have blown that first group and I would have had the .5 crown!
mad.gif
Oh well maybe once the cold front passes over. Way to dam cold to be out shooting paper that was for sure.

Avg is .459
Best is .197
Moved me up a tiny bit more!

Load was 55gr HPBT #1390's with 25grs of Benchmark loaded at 2.240 OAL.

This time I measured with the caliper zeroed at .224 so I wouldn't have to do more math and I thought I would give it a try as I have never measured groups like this.

Last 2 targets I tried a different aiming point and the first try it worked pretty good but I blew it on the second time. Still trying to find that perfect target!

And just to show you how fun it can be to find your true measurement. I could have easily claimed this but since Elfster said we had to be honest. Goes to show you your one hole group needs to be measured from all sides and every which way you can. Same group as above with the caliper still zeroed on .224! Always take the bigger number
</div></div>

I've NEVER seen an AR shoot like that... DAMN fine shooting DM!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmpowder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Avg is .459
Best is .197

100_0571.jpg

100_0574.jpg

100_0575.jpg

</div></div>

Wow! Just wow! Great shooting, guys! Raise that bar!

Thanks guys I have seen 2 other targets that had smaller groups but didn't count luckily for me! It will be awhile before I can hit the range again so I hope no one knocks me down!

Elfster you might as well hate me because I'm hating on you right now for posting the 300 shoot AFTER I come back from the range. LOL way to keep a brother down lmao.

dmpowder, i need to keep you on your toes.. you've been kicking way too much ass lately! start shooting like shit will ya!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmpowder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys I have seen 2 other targets that had smaller groups but didn't count luckily for me! It will be awhile before I can hit the range again so I hope no one knocks me down!

Elfster you might as well hate me because I'm hating on you right now for posting the 300 shoot AFTER I come back from the range. LOL way to keep a brother down lmao. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dmpowder, i need to keep you on your toes.. you've been kicking way too much ass lately! start shooting like shit will ya!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmpowder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys I have seen 2 other targets that had smaller groups but didn't count luckily for me! It will be awhile before I can hit the range again so I hope no one knocks me down!

Elfster you might as well hate me because I'm hating on you right now for posting the 300 shoot AFTER I come back from the range. LOL way to keep a brother down lmao. </div></div></div></div>

Yep, only one shot stood between him and the prize.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's still sporting my overseas paint job. I bought this upper and optic on my own dime before the deployment because I wanted to have another took in the tool box for me and my guys. I was planning on selling it when I got back in the hopes of recouping the cash, but have decided to keep it and will hopefully give it to a son one day. Figured the rifle I wen't to war with would be pretty cool thing to pass down. Was going to buy a Colt lower and Gemtech can like I used, but said screw it. Went with a Templar and Noveske lower. I don't want to pay for a select fire trigger, so that would never be the same, so figured I could give in other areas too if it wasn't ever going to be 100%.

Thanks for the compliments and thanks for the thread, it was fun and glad I tried it. Shooting groups usually isn't my thing, but I wanted to see what the gun and I could do. Pretty sure I was the weak end of that scenario.

Next time I am going to do the 100m bolt challenge with my factory M70, should be fun. </div></div>

Victory,
OUTSTANDING shooting. That is a great plan, "of handing down the rifle you went to war with." Your son will smile from ear to ear when he can realize what this means. AWESOME!

Good for you and Thank you for your service.

With all respect,
Jack

Re: (100YARD), Semi-Auto, 6groups, 30round SHOOTOUT!

Picture011_zpsb710ffa6.jpg

Picture012_zps84ee5e96.jpg

Picture014_zpsd0ff4723.jpg

I shot these groups today with DPMS 24" .223 using factory Fiocchi 50gr vmax ammo. I shot prone using a front bipod and a rear bag. The rifle has a Wilson 3g trigger and a Nikon scope.
Group 1) 1.110-.224= .886
Group 2) .950-.224= .726
Group 3) .840-.224= .616
Group 4) .600-.224= .376
Group 5) .945-.224= .721
Group 6) .855-.224= .631
AVG.= .659
Best= .376

These groups were shot with a 24" Dpms AR @ 100 yrds using a hariss bipod front and a rear bag.
Avg was .659
Best .376
Rifle is a 24" bull Barrel by DPMS
optics= Nikon monarch 4x16 BDC
mount= Warne ultra high qd
Picture006_zps6dfb39cf.jpg

Nice shootin' hunt1!
I hope that I can get even close to that sometime soon. I just picked up my new 24" DMPS LR-308 yesterday and spent some time today cleaning it and getting ready for the range, in between chores...

I've no trigger time on it other than a bit of dry firing, but am jonesing big time to get an hour or two at the range. The waiting is tough, but it is what it is.

Thanks to all who have posted their targets. This is inspiration!!

I hope to be able to post my pics in a week or so (crappy a they may end up...don't care).

Please edit your existing entry post so it follows the rules / example entry on the original post and I'll get you on the boards, until then it will not count. thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunt1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Picture011_zpsb710ffa6.jpg

Picture012_zps84ee5e96.jpg

Picture014_zpsd0ff4723.jpg

I shot these groups today with DPMS 24" .223 using factory Fiocchi 50gr vmax ammo. I shot prone using a front bipod and a rear bag. The rifle has a Wilson 3g trigger and a Nikon scope. </div></div>

Man there has been some awsome groups shot on this topic. Keep up the good groups I'm still waiting for a day when the winds not blowing .

OK, you guys are about to kick me off the list. Guess I'll have to give it another try tomorrow.

Finally got the chance to try this today. I ended up shooting 2 targets with the same gun so I will post results of both targets. Not too bad, but after the first 2 groups I thought you guys were in trouble until the wheels fell off a little.

Just finishing up some load development on a 6.5CM and was out shooting some of the first rounds through another 6.5 CM upper I just finished. I hope to give one or both of those a try before this ends.

Shooting a 223 originally built by MSTN. I changed out the upper receiver and added a carbon handguard.

Timney trigger
Lancer handguard
DPMS slick side upper, LMT lower
SOPMOD stock
Young match BCG
Black Hills factory Reman 50 gr Hornady V max

Shot with my MSTN 18" Lilja barrel @ 100 yards, Harris bipod, rear bag, on bench
Average Group Target 1: >898
Best Group Target 1: .395
Average Group Target 2: .935
Best Group Target 2: .814
18" Lilja Heavy Barrel (.875 gas block)
5.5-22x50 NF NXS moa/moa
Larue mount
Calipers zeroed at .224

Target1.jpg

Group1.jpg

Target2.jpg

Group2.jpg

Gun.jpg

nice shooting howa4au! might not have made the average, but you made the best single group! very good work, nice rifle, and nice shooting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Howa4AU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finally got the chance to try this today. I ended up shooting 2 targets with the same gun so I will post results of both targets. Not too bad, but after the first 2 groups I thought you guys were in trouble until the wheels fell off a little.

Just finishing up some load development on a 6.5CM and was out shooting some of the first rounds through another 6.5 CM upper I just finished. I hope to give one or both of those a try before this ends.

Shooting a 223 originally built by MSTN. I changed out the upper receiver and added a carbon handguard.

18" Lilja barrel
Timney trigger
Lancer handguard
DPMS slick side upper, LMT lower
SOPMOD stock
Young match BCG
Black Hills factory Reman 50 gr Hornady V max

Average Group Target 1: >898
Best Group Target 1: .395
Average Group Target 2: .935
Best Group Target 2: .814
18" Lilja Heavy Barrel (.875 gas block)
5-20x50 FFP SWFA mil/mil
Larue mount
Calipers zeroed at .224
</div></div>

just an FYI everyone... <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">ctsmith</span></span></span> actually got .5moa or less on all 6groups @ 100yards if you wondering what you're groups would look like... first person on sniper's hide to do it as of today regardless of rifle action (yes, i understand it is easier for a bolt action before you say anything). prob some of the most consistant shooting i've seen so far:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3602949&page=2

That group was awesome! Something to seek out and try to achieve!

Shot with my with my 24" DPMS LR-65 @ 100 yards with Harris bipod with front claws & rear bag prone on mat.
6.5 Creedmoor cartridge
Average was 0.921"
Best group was 0.789"
Rifle used = 24" bull barrel DPMS LR-65
Optics = Leupold scope 8.5-25x50
Mount = DTA mount 20 moa
PRS stock, Tubb spring, JP trigger, 1" stock extender, a piece that moves the grip back about an inch, JP adjustable gas block, Phase 5 ambi bolt catch, Fulton Armory ambi charging handle latch

Shot with Hornady 140g Amax's.

1.062 + .925 + .789 + .793 + 1.009 + .946 = 5.525 / 6 = .921 average over 6 groupings @ 5shots each / 30 total bullets

Best .793

IMG_0207_zps70d80348.jpg

IMG_0205_zpsf5d87122.jpg

IMG_0203_zps33c1feb0.jpg

I think I can do better. Still thinking about some of the impressive groups others have done.

nice work super dave, looking forward to your future results.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shot with my with my 24" DPMS LR-65 @ 100 yards with Harris bipod with front claws & rear bag prone on mat.
6.5 Creedmoor cartridge
Average was 0.921"
Best group was 0.789"
Rifle used = 24" bull barrel DPMS LR-65
Optics = Leupold scope 8.5-25x50
Mount = DTA mount 20 moa
PRS stock, Tubb spring, JP trigger, 1" stock extender, a piece that moves the grip back about an inch, JP adjustable gas block, Phase 5 ambi bolt catch, Fulton Armory ambi charging handle latch

Shot with Hornady 140g Amax's.

1.062 + .925 + .789 + .793 + 1.009 + .946 = 5.525 / 6 = .921 average over 6 groupings @ 5shots each / 30 total bullets

Best .793

I think I can do better. Still thinking about some of the impressive groups others have done. </div></div>