• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 100yd zero, 2nd rev indicator showing

regency

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
www.patwar.com
Has anyone ran in to this before? Just got my suppressed SR15 zeroed for 100 and the kahles 318's red indicator is sticking up. It is in a spur mount with 0mil/0moa cant built in.

I’m not familiar with the mechanics of the turret on a k318. But I’d wager that if you’ve already zeroed your turrets per the instructions and have this problem you need to get a 20 moa mount.

You want your zero to be towards the bottom of your scopes adjustment range so you can maximize how much elevation the turrets will give you.

It is still allowing me 13 full Mils of travel once zeroed. I'm sure that will be stretching a 77gr 5.56 round but haven't run the data yet to see what distance that covers

that Is about correct if you don’t have any MOA built into the rifle pic rail and nothing in your mount.

Last edited:
Does it stop at the zero stop under zero? If not, you have the turret mechanism tripped for the second rev and you need to spin it back a rev when floating the turret.

I have set up zero stops wrong, different brand same result.

Reread setup instructions some are not written well.

My last zero stop would come up to stop 2 clicks below 100 yards and not actual zero.
Not a big deal.

Last edited:
Once you have your 100yds setting, you have to loosen the screws on the turret and turn the cap all the way down so the indicatior disappears and then retighten the screws at 0. Then you should have all the travel that is left in the scope with the indicator not showing at your real zero.

Does it stop at the zero stop under zero? If not, you have the turret mechanism tripped for the second rev and you need to spin it back a rev when floating the turret.

yes, about 3 clicks below my zero is where the stop is. Think I figured it out, when I was spinning the turret freely with the screws loose, I was hitting a false wall, pushed a little harder and the red pop up went down. Guess I just didn't force it quite enough. All good now.