• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 109 Hybrid BC Verification

AIKNOWU

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2018
Sounds like lots of folks are claiming higher than advertised BCs for the new Berger 109 Hybrid. Particularly when shoot from a ~7twist barrel.
Anybody put the 109s over the fancy Applied Ballistics radar thing? I know they had it out at the Vortex Sandstorm match in Ohio. I've spoken to several folks who shot their 105s through it, and found higher BCs with their faster twist barrels. I'd love to hear the results your 109s gave.

I haven't run these over radar to verify the BC, but using Berger's twist rate calculator shows these bullets loosing 2% of their BC in a 1:8 twist at 3050 fps so I would assume you could add 2% to the listed BC. This is probably why a lot of people are claiming higher BCs.

Berger 109 LR Hybrid 8 Twist.PNG

Attachments

• Berger 109 LR Hybrid 8 Twist.PNG
    Berger 109 LR Hybrid 8 Twist.PNG
    66.4 KB · Views: 53
I've been successful running a .308 G7. Verified out to 1400'ish yards when i last trued it.
X cal barrel .237, 1:7 twist, 26" , 6 dasher with 109s at 2830.