• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10mm 1911s

I've got a Tanfoglio Witness Elite Match and just recently the Ruger SR1911 10mm. Did trigger work on both but otherwise am very happy. The big-heavy Tanfo really absorbs recoil nicely. If it's a 1911 your after the Ruger with it's bushingless tapered barrel and full lenght rod puts the weight up front, again helping to control recoil. Ruger claims they went to the bushingless tapered barrel on the 10mm after seeing accelerated wear with the bushing system? . The newer Ruger is at around 2k now, at one point the slide lock broke, which I replaced with a Ed Brown forged part, won't happen again.
I've lost count on my rounds with the Tanfo, a lot, with no issues at all.

Your seemingly across the board condemnation of Witness 10mm pistols/magazines in post #34 based solely on experiences with the 2 you had.

1 - that's not a "rule". I didn't say anything about a rule.

2 - maybe you should read it again and ask yourself if I'm relating experiences I had, or just here to condemn your choices. Do you need to fill out a hurt feelings report? If your pistol works well, good for you, but don't get offended when I say that both of mine had trouble with heavy 10mm loads; that's what actually happened.

3 - Ask yourself if an action that comfortably runs 125 PF 9mm ammo is really set up right for heavy 10mm? (And if you think a heavy recoil spring makes up the difference, then you and I are on completely different levels of experience.) Keep in mind Tanfo uses the exact same large frame format for both 9mm and 10mm; nobody else does that, and for good reason.