• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 10x dilemma - Bushnell 3200 tactical or SWFA SS?

Heronion

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
Houghton, Michigan
So I find myself in need of some decent-quality glass at a low price ($300 or less) and have narrowed it down to a 10x fixed (Don't ask, I like them I guess). I've further narrowed it down to a Bushnell Elite 3200 Tactical 10x40 or an SWFA 10x42 SS.

Most shooting will be done inside of 300 yards, some as close as 50 yards (hunting).

Which do you prefer/choose and why?

Thanks

Heronion

Re: 10x dilemma - Bushnell 3200 tactical or SWFA SS?

The SS by a long shot, better glass, better turrets,better warranty,and you can beat the crap out of it and it will still hold it's zero!

The super sniper is a better scope, but it cost twice as much, still…

I have the bushnell 10X Mil/Mil ,SS10X42 and SS10X42M. The Bushnell is a good scope for the price but the SS10X in my opinion is a better scope. SS has paralax adjustment,30mm tube,Glass is better in my eyes and the overall construction of the SS looks better/stronger.
If you have the extra $100 I would get the SS if not the Bushnell will do just fine until you can upgrade.

If you are hunting and expect shots as close as 50 yards you better opt for a variable that will get you down to 2 or 3x.

+1 <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the bushnell 10X Mil/Mil ,SS10X42 and SS10X42M. The Bushnell is a good scope for the price but the SS10X in my opinion is a better scope. SS has paralax adjustment,30mm tube,Glass is better in my eyes and the overall construction of the SS looks better/stronger.
If you have the extra $100 I would get the SS if not the Bushnell will do just fine until you can upgrade.</div></div>