• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1126 Yard Shot with Mosin Nagant.....Iron Sights

I take mine to 600 yards regularly with irons but to do that at 1000+ is insane. Thanks for sharing. These old Russian guns are shooters for sure.

That's pretty damn good shooting. Brown Bear to boot!

My AIAW won't shoot Brown Bear any better than 3 MOA.

Excellent shooting!

I keep telling people not to underestimate the Mosin......

What's up with the holes in the plate? Are brown bear steel core? I shot some 3/8" mild plate with some Fed. M1 Garand at 1K and it just puts a dimple. Nice shooting btw ;-)

What's up with the holes in the plate? Are brown bear steel core? I shot some 3/8" mild plate with some Fed. M1 Garand at 1K and it just puts a dimple. Nice shooting btw ;-)

Thanks, what happened is that the lead painted the steel pretty good, but there isn't even a dimple, smooth as butter!

ruined

Well that just ruined my thougts of a new rifle thanks!
great shooting

Thanks, I used brown bear 174gr FMJ

Thanks! I'd like to grab some of that and I've just seen some Russian 174 gr. match ammo come on sale for $15 a box, I'm going to try both....if and when I ever get to the range this summer... &^$%!! Not having that availability isn't going well for me.

Nice shooting, I enjoy shooting my mosin as well. Might need to run it out some, currently it can hit clay pigeons(stationary) at. 300 meters off hand standing. I really like to see them operate.

Ditto on that...

You have 20/15 vision or something? I can BARELY see the steel at our 1000 yard range with the naked eye- much less try to shoot at it without a high-power optic. That rear sight reminds me of the ski-jump ramp at Lake Placid...The front sight post must completely cover even a man-size target at that range-nice shooting. So much for it being good only for "volley-fire"

Maybe I'll leave the iron sights on the beautiful M39 action I'm starting a build with !

No effing way....:)