• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

11mm Dovetail scope rings

Acp

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2022
NC
Looking to buy a set of 11mm dovetail rings for CZ 457 to mount up a 30mm tube with 50mm objective. Anybody have a similar set up and have recommendations on ring height/brand?

On my son’s 457, I went with an Area 419 30 MOA rail and had vortex precision medium 1” rings when I had a Vortex Viper PST on it. 30mm tube 50mm objective.

Switched to a razor and went with 1.25” rings for that scope… or maybe 1.1. I’ll have to double check. I know I started with 1.1 so the scope will clear but I may have gone slightly higher for better ergos

Last edited:
How’s the height with the 419 rail? I see some folks having to add cheek risers, etc to account for the added height

Reactions: Appalachian
I can’t comment on the OEM stock since his is in an XLR Element Chassis. But I will say that with the 1” rings and the Viper it felt too low for me and thats why I went higher when I mounted the Razor

Reactions: Acp
If you don't need any cant or slope in the scope, BKL's are the best. If you need some cant, then Sportsmatch single adjustables are excellent.

I just don't get the idea of the pic adapter rails. Maybe if one was sharing a scope from a centerfire that has pic mounts. But if you are running a dedicated scope, the pic adapter rails make no sense to me.

I'd also recommend the BKL rings, I've never had a problem with mine, they're simple and light weight. They mount straight onto the dovetail and mine have never slipped. They have an adjustable base available if you do want to add cant. For your 50mm scope get the low rings.

https://www.bkltech.com/30mm-Scope-Mounts-s/58.htm

Low pro Pic adapter rail is the way to go. Area 419's are great but thick, DIP's are very thin and light, stainless nitride from Murphy Precision 👍👍👍👍.
Someone said they don't understand the "why" of adapters, they give you unlimited choice rings and one piece mounts that can be moved to most any other rifle you may own now or later.

Reactions: RTH1800 and Acp
I'd also recommend the BKL rings, I've never had a problem with mine, they're simple and light weight. They mount straight onto the dovetail and mine have never slipped. They have an adjustable base available if you do want to add cant. For your 50mm scope get the low rings.

https://www.bkltech.com/30mm-Scope-Mounts-s/58.htm
Glad to see some folks have some hands on experience to vouch for these, may be a winner. Anybody able to speak to what one would realistically gain/lose when comparing something like Tier 1 https://tier-one-usa.com/collections/scope-mounts-1/products/11mm-scope-rings

I generally have trouble justifying such differences in products that can only achieve a task but so well

Look for old Accuracy International dovetail scope mounts. They are 11mm and come in various cants (0-18-45MOA) and Ring sizes (1', 30mm and 34mm). I use them on several of my 22's (Sako, Anshutz, etc). They are outstanding quality and a great value. You can find them here on the hide for good prices.

Look for old Accuracy International dovetail scope mounts. They are 11mm and come in various cants (0-18-45MOA) and Ring sizes (1', 30mm and 34mm). I use them on several of my 22's (Sako, Anshutz, etc). They are outstanding quality and a great value. You can find them here on the hide for good prices.
Will keep a watch for these, appear to be a good option

I am also going to vote BKL . Everyone knows that air rifles are very hard on scopes and rings. After a couple of rabbit holes I went with BKL.
I was heavy handed and stripped a couple threads. So I went over bore. I added stainless bolts and nylon nuts. This system hasn't moved any in years.

Attachments

• 20190216_083541.jpg
    20190216_083541.jpg
    633.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 20190224_130509.jpg
    20190224_130509.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 235
Kelby rings, no experience with them

Morr Accuracy ( usa made high quality, extremely lightweight ). Great rings https://www.morraccuracy.com/store/c2/Rings_&_Levels.html

D3 rings (sold on ebay store, usa made high quality $60). Great rings

maybe Burris signature rings with the composite insert system, my experience has been 50/50 with these. I’d look at the previous options first.

Kelby rings, no experience with them

Morr Accuracy ( usa made high quality, extremely lightweight ). Great rings https://www.morraccuracy.com/store/c2/Rings_&_Levels.html

D3 rings (sold on ebay store, usa made high quality $60). Great rings

maybe Burris signature rings with the composite insert system, my experience has been 50/50 with these. I’d look at the previous options first.
Was checking out Morr, impressive resume and appears to have started out concentrating on .22 as well

Not familiar with kelbly but looking at the rings they appear to be very well done

provides some background on their rings.

Kelblys also make the rings for Anschutz North America and they are a common sight on benchrest rifles of all calibers.

Last edited:
Tier One's machining is first class - there's a couple of podcasts around where they talk about their (5-axis??) machines.

Sportsmatch work. From memory, weren't they used on AIs as part of the UK issued rifles?

Tier One's machining is first class - there's a couple of podcasts around where they talk about their (5-axis??) machines.

Sportsmatch work. From memory, weren't they used on AIs as part of the UK issued rifles?
5 axis is certainly a machining advantage, in short you can perform multiple operations in one setup, increasing efficiency and accuracy

If you don't need any cant or slope in the scope, BKL's are the best. If you need some cant, then Sportsmatch single adjustables are excellent.

I just don't get the idea of the pic adapter rails. Maybe if one was sharing a scope from a centerfire that has pic mounts. But if you are running a dedicated scope, the pic adapter rails make no sense to me.

This +1,000,000

I run a McRee base on the 457, yes it is tall. Low rings on top, whatever flavor you like.

Attachments

• 20220126_180640.jpg
    20220126_180640.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 61
Would you like to expand on that? The warne are junk, I have had both.

Yup. I have had several sets of warne rings for CZ and a couple others for normal pic rails. Haven’t had a single issue with any of them. I had one set of blks for the CZ and they felt much cheaper and the machining/screws didn’t appear to be of the same quality….

Reactions: ZG47A
Yup. I have had several sets of warne rings for CZ and a couple others for normal pic rails. Haven’t had a single issue with any of them. I had one set of blks for the CZ and they felt much cheaper and the machining/screws didn’t appear to be of the same quality….

Oh that's very fucking objective. We shall take your word as law.

GTFO

BTW, you're not the only one in the world who has owned rings from both brands.

GTFO

His observations may not be objective in your opinion, but you’ve not yet listed a single reason the BKL rings are better. Feel free to share.

Reactions: Csafisher
His observations may not be objective in your opinion, but you’ve not yet listed a single reason the BKL rings are better. Feel free to share.
It isn't my opinion that his statements are subjective. It's a fact. He lacks any evidence to show why BKL rings are inferior to Warne and in fact admits to basing is claim on appearances and feel.

I also didn't claim BKL rings are the best. I agreed with someone else's claim. So feel free to ask him for proof.

It isn't my opinion that his statements are subjective. It's a fact. He lacks any evidence to show why BKL rings are inferior to Warne and in fact admits to basing is claim on appearances and feel.

I also didn't claim BKL rings are the best. I agreed with someone else's claim. So feel free to ask him for proof.
Lmao! Are your panties in a wad? The OP asked for recommendations. That’s what he got. You offered nothing over what I said…. Seems like you’re not a stable person if you’re this upset over an internet opinion about rimfire rings. Have a good evening.

• Love
Reactions: ZG47A

GTFO

Wanna tone it down a bit? This isn't the Pit.

Still looking for a used set if anybody has any collecting dust

I’ve had good luck with a set of Warne 22 cal rings 30mm. I think they are medium and fit right on the dovetail.I’ve got a Diamondback 4-16 scope mounted. Don’t think they’d fit a 50mm.

Haven’t bit the bullet on a new set yet, still looking for a good used set

Haven’t bit the bullet on a new set yet, still looking for a good used set
Which 457 do you have? Just ordered a BSCAR 25 MOA rail and a set of Warne low rings for my provarmint so I can dial to 300 yards. Should be here Tuesday.

I’ve got a pair of Warne 22 cal mediums that are 5 weeks old. They would probably fit if you had a 457 with a smaller contour barrel than the Pro-varmint

Which 457 do you have? Just ordered a BSCAR 25 MOA rail and a set of Warne low rings for my provarmint so I can dial to 300 yards. Should be here Tuesday.

I’ve got a pair of Warne 22 cal mediums that are 5 weeks old. They would probably fit if you had a 457 with a smaller contour barrel than the Pro-varmint
Have the AT one with varmint barrel, might be a squeeze with the 50mm objective

Hope you find what you’re looking for before the shooting season is over.
Thanks, the heat doesn’t bother me much and doesn’t get awfully cold here so no real time crunch. Rifle is scoped with a cheaper 1” tube currently, just going to swap with the new scope when I work out the rings

Another vote for BKL 300 series rings here unless you’re going to shoot long range.

I would suggest this fellow on eBay..

Makes them in several heights, both 1" and 30mm.
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Shortdraw and Acp
I got a set of warne for my 452 and cheapie ($25) scope to see what she can do but will end up wearing ghost ring when the dust settles.
On my 457 I got the DIP extended adapter and maybe seeking rings, what was laying around.
Not shot either yet due to work, getting house ready to sell buy both warne and dip seem like solid choices for rimfire.

B8502662-C3D3-4152-8736-7FA925577D7C.png

OP,
I would consider the offerings from Area 419. Though not intended for this rifle, their CZ 457 rail in 50MOA is a quality unit.
I believe they offer 20 and 30MOA as well.
I have owned Warne steel and BKL alloy rings. The Warnes while nice had a machining flaw. When sent back, they returned a simpler (downgraded) set. The replacements were perfect, and I’ve never had to touch the scope adjustments in over 10 years, still, it bugs me.
The BKLs were a disappointment. They are a simple extrusion that had been bead/sand/shot blasted. No where near the quality of anything else I’ve used.
I have purchased a set of BKL adapters (11mm to Picatinny) which seem to have more bearing surface, and would be less likely to slip compared to the CZ adapters.

View attachment 7857824
OP,
I would consider the offerings from Area 419. Though not intended for this rifle, their CZ 457 rail in 50MOA is a quality unit.
I believe they offer 20 and 30MOA as well.
I have owned Warne steel and BKL alloy rings. The Warnes while nice had a machining flaw. When sent back, they returned a simpler (downgraded) set. The replacements were perfect, and I’ve never had to touch the scope adjustments in over 10 years, still, it bugs me.
The BKLs were a disappointment. They are a simple extrusion that had been bead/sand/shot blasted. No where near the quality of anything else I’ve used.
I have purchased a set of BKL adapters (11mm to Picatinny) which seem to have more bearing surface, and would be less likely to slip compared to the CZ adapters.
Good to know on the BKLs, Thanks