• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 12 mils to zero a scope, normal?

problemchild

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
I bought a new NF scope and bobro mount. My last scope and mount was spot on when I mounted it. My acog was also spot on when I mounted it. The NF/Bobro scope and mount are using 12 mils elevation and 3 mils windage to zero.

Is it the mount or the scope or the gun?

I should also mention the rifle was also back for repairs and Im not sure if they changed the barrel or not. Im also not sure if I fired it since they replaced the upper receiver either (with the old scopes). The rifle went back to LMT for multiple repairs and I cannot remember when and if I shot it after which parts were replaced.

NF-LMT-range%20002a.jpg

Re: 12 mils to zero a scope, normal?

Did you check to see if the scopes adj. was centered before you started.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tipper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you check to see if the scopes adj. was centered before you started. </div></div>

Nope. I assumed NF did that. Is it too late to check now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tipper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you check to see if the scopes adj. was centered before you started. </div></div>

Nope. I assumed NF did that. Is it too late to check now? </div></div>
count the turns down to stop from your zero, then count the turns up from your zero.
If the bobro mount has cant in it, it can be mounted backwards causeing the needeed up to zero.

Well you know what they say when you assume something.....

If Im reading this right it is near center.

FROM MY CURRENT ZERO I am:

16.6 up to stop
18.7 down to stop

Windage

10.1R from current zero
8.2L from zero

Is it normal to ship a scope so far from zero? I have mounted many a scope and never had to do this before. Most mount right up and are close to zero.

On a side note once it was sighted in my LMT was shooting like a dream

42.4g XBR
168g hornady amax
cci br primers
lc brass

100yds--15mph gusty wind on/off all directions

I ran out of targets so I was shooting the tiny little logo target. The 15x is very cool compared to an acog 3x.
NF-LMT-range%20001a.jpg

bobro mount is O cant then. You are centerd enough for 100-500yd work, if you wanted to longer say to 1000yd, I would go with a
20MOA base to use up some of the down travel & stay in a good working center. But the base will raise the scope higher with the bobro mount.
PS, somebody just cranked the knobs no big deal.

So basically you have 16mils of bullet-impact-up adjustment from your zero? If so that should be more than enough to do anything a 308 should be asked to do.