• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories 120 Round / Field Pack

softcock

novice judgmental prick
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2006
    Oregon
    This post is for providing info, and answering a few questions for people , that were asking questions on this particular Item I am making .

OK .. Not For Sale .. right at this Moment . .
    Also, before I start cutting and sew a pile of these to put up for sale . I am just going to sell 3 or 4 of these at first, to get feedback, and feel-for, if it an item that is actually needed/wanted .
    This Ammo field pack is only for , ( Short Action ) .308 Win parent case/Creed/Dasher ..etc.

Different people have asked me for something like this over last few years . I worked on a pattern for a while, and I finished a pattern and one for myself . So i Just going to post couple Pics. . To show example of what idea is running around my brain and patterned and I making .

The thing about 120-Round Ammo carrier was best way to manage the 'weight' , plus make user friendly in the field, Rugged and also keep it clean and simple for keeping the price down .

.. Your precision ammo has full protection from field abuse and weather . silent carry of loaded Rounds and also empty Brass .
    The Field Pack/Bag .. It a Bag, Carry by hand, or Malice Clip to your Pack . . basic size/dimension of ..
    5" x 6" x 9.25" tall .
    all nylon 1000 Denier inside outside, nicely padded, removable carry handle, with also PAL's webbing on backside to Malice Clip/attach to outside packs, has good weather protection . A nice clean looking Pack .

120 Rounds of Ammo .. Inside field Bag/Pack . it holds ( 3 ) individual, removable ( 40-round ) ammo Book/Binders . They are same heavy quality construction like my Ammo Binders, but are a simpler design .
    -
    -
    120 Field pack...jpg

-
    Jpeg IMG_0409.jpg

-

Last edited:
    Feedback, I usually leave ammo inside my pack instead of molle'd on the outside. With the weight of 120 rounds of ammo I wouldn't really want to molle it or hang it off the side of my pack so I'd put it in.

The minimalistic ammo carriers look nice. I like the rigidness of your carriers than the floppiness of the cole-tac carrier. The walsh design is a bit large.

I basically would just run 3 of the TAB bullet binders, but that's essentially what this is, but it's in the carrying pack which is kind of nice to keep them from separating inside the pack, but I wouldn't attach it to the side of my backpack.

Designing/making a practical device, for field carry of 120 Rounds is not as easy as it sounds ... LOL
    I just covering both bases . Hand carry with strap/handle, or being able to PAL's/Malice connect to a field pack if it needed .

Last edited:
    Would this be compatible with your existing ammo binders? Interestingly enough, I already own 3 of them... 120. 😆

I only attend classes and generally just keep a case of ammo in the back of the car and carry what I need for the exercise on the line, replenish as necessary.

Still thought I had to comment though because the quality of your shit looks so fantastic. You make a soft good appear to be hard luggage with the tight patterns, quality construction and great design.

I want to buy something off you. I just havent seen it yet.

Maybe something like a binocular case but that shit is so item specific its not so easy to build a generic mass produced item.

I like this and it would be great for 1 day matches.
    PM when you have 1 available.

I like it, could we get small tags on the tops so we could write 1,2,3? Something to look down and not grab the wrong on and a double check for myself.

Reactions: Supersubes
    My ruck has the molle webbing on the inside and would work out well. It would also help keep it up off the ground when strapped inside. Looking forward to these. Anu idea on the pricing yet?

Reactions: lash
    Would there be a way to maybe make it compatible with magnum / long action calibers but only half the capacity? It appears that may be possible already. Say you only used one row on each side of the book so they held 10 per side and 20 per book for a total of 60 rounds.

Reactions: pfl338
    @softcock
    Do you happen to have one of the TacOps drag bags?

I'd like to be able to carry ammo in them easily, in sturdy manner so they can be all setup as a "Kit"

Does your prototype fit into the large lower front pocket of the drag bag?

I'd be interested in those, probably for the .338LM, .308 6.5CM and .375 Swiss P.
    Possibly also for 30-06 and 6.5x55 depending on price.

Reactions: deltawiskey
    These look great! Here's my $0.02/asks:
    It would be great if these were backward compatible with your existing 40 rounders
    Velcro or small pocket for data/label
    Option to include mod straps, clips or similar method for attaching molle to molle
    Multicam

After buying a couple of your 50bmg carriers, which are excellent, I'd be interested in a couple also.

Patiently waiting....👍

Put me down for one in the pre-order. This looks way more useful to me than some of the other options I’ve looked at.

This is exactly what I've been looking for, definitely interested! Also would be interested in magnum size.

I would be definitely interested. I have a class coming up in September and would love one of these compatible with 6.5CM/.308 cartridges and also one for 338LM

lot of responses from people on this 120 Pack, so I read and picked out things to think about .

One thing asked was , would ( 3 ) of my regular short action, 40-round Ammo binders fit into this Pack . And No , 3 of them together, are to big to fit in pack because my regular 40-Round ammo binders are built Tri-Fold design, with inside pocket and closing flap/bungee cord .
    The 3, ammo binders built fitting inside the 120 Field Pack, are built in Bi-Fold design, and a little trimmer . also helping to keep the total size of 120-Pack as small as possible .

also on Color , Yes on Multicam as well as Coyote on the Packs, probably Black to . But my goal right this moment is to just get solid on my Pattern .

Also people asking on what Price .
    I don't do, the pre-Order thing . so when I get a run of them done, they will get thrown up for sale .

I would like to keep the price for this low as possible . there is a lot work making this all fall together with materials, multiple machinery and my sew time . This 120-round field Pack, is built ( 4 ) items, but sold as a single unit .
    I trying not to pimp it out to much on extra's on the Pack, in order to keep the price down . But normally the more times an item is made, subtle refinements do follow .
    ( my goal ) . I would like to keep the 120-Pack lower in price than buying 3 of my Reg. 40-Round ammo binders . That is what I am striving for . A solid rugged design with packing 120-Rounds ammo, with good price . then latter down the road a similar Long Action Pack .
    ---
    I will have a few of these ready to go out pretty soon for getting some feedback . right now I got a several orders for Ammo binders to get out, and I want to change to different size thread on the machine doing heavy outside type2 binding on the 120-pack. also tweaking a bit on the seam binding hardware . But.. this is all falling together pretty quick .

...thanks

Last edited:
    I would be in on a couple of these as well.

After reading through the comments I would have to agree with a couple of them.

* Thinking out loud* The fold or flat side should be at the top. So that when you open it you can have a flat spot label them. As I normally bring more than one rifle when I head to the range. This could consolidate all my ammo.

either way count me in for a couple.

Thanks,
    Jay

I will have a few of these ready to go out pretty soon for getting some feedback . right now I got a several orders for Ammo binders to get out, and I want to change to different size thread on the machine doing heavy outside type2 binding on the 120-pack. also tweaking a bit on the seam binding hardware . But.. this is all falling together pretty quick .
    Just curious how this project is coming along :D

Jay,
    Any updates on this project, I'd be interested in one when available

I did send out 4 of the 120 Packs to four members here for some first impressions/feedback and did get a little bit . I also am not going to do any big changes in the basic pattern right now .
    I also have some 120 Packs cut-out and prepped, but not putting them out yet .

This is what happening , I Am 'temporarily' very busy because I am working some hours to pad my checking account to pay my bills . I work a on-call job to make money, and I do not pass it up when called, because I need to make a living . but ( I still am Sewing ) for people here. The 120 Packs are still happening, just not as fast as I would like at this moment .
    .....thanks

I will get those 120-Packs out there . Been sewing on SHcom for several years, with the Basic plan is to always give good prices to you for Nylon . Sewing plan is always Minimum that my Sew shop has to pay for itself, and also my SHcom Rent to peddle some Nylon to you here . I don't run a sales website, I don't advertise, and I don't take money upfront for items not available.
    So my reality is because of 'my chosen' bushiness model, sewing don't pay the bills and don't buy me new sewing machines.

. Me Sewing ---> I am a one-man shop, I been design/cut/sewing almost 30 years, I do have a very nice, but tiny sew shop in my house, with assortment of flat-top, cylinder bed, and post bed machines, a couple cutting tables and material storage .

-

All I can say is that there bad ass and for one day matches they can't be beat . I have Cole tac's this blows them away . And they hang good from a day pack and super easy to get one folder out to load mags don't have a big floppy thing just nice firm binder . Buy with confidence.
    IMG_20210725_100909274.jpg

Last edited:
    This looks nice, I love my ColeTac carrier, but this would make it easy to segregate different loads. I shoot NRA Highpower and I often use a different (lighter) load for short line at 200 and 300yds and a heavier bullet load for slow fire at 600yards. With this I could mark the folders for different loads and not have to fumble with different ammo boxes or different sides of my ColeTac.
    I'm in.

Reactions: hrt4me
    Looks like you have a hit on your hands with this... I will also be ordering one when they become available!
    DW

I'll take one if/when they become available.