• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

12x50 binoculars, Meopta vs Razor

Langford

Private Parts
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2014
Middlemitten
Looking to step up my binocular game a bit, the 10 year old Leupold 12x50’s I’m using are leaving a bit to be desired, both optically and overall quality.

I was fairly set on the 12x50 Razor UHD 12x50, but a discussion about the Meopta Meostar B1 12x50 HD caught my eye and now I’m considering those.

Anybody able to compare the two?

Anything else in the $1500ish price range that should be considered beyond these two? Main use will be whitetail hunting in Michigan, 600 yard max distance. Low light performance is a high priority.

I THINK the UHD is Japanese, but you might want to check... I know the HD's are China now. No experience with the glass.

I ended up with Swaro SLC 15's... but the Meopta 15's were really, really good... spent a lot of time comparing them. Honestly I should have just saved the $$, but I wanted to buy-once-cry-once.

I don't think you would be unhappy with either.

Razor HDs are Japan, the viper HDs are China. Razor UHDs are Japan too.

I have the 10x50 UHDs. They are good for me, hunting here out west. I did look at a bunch binos for about 6 months from the $1000-1500 price range. Unfortunetly I took the expensive route and stuck within a optical comfort zone.

My first $500 ish binos were the vipers, then I went to the razors and then the UHDs. Lol
I did look at a bunch of binos when I was shopping around for awhile, as I said earlier. Binos like the razor HDs, the Vipers, Ziess conquest, the maven b2, Meopta meostar, meopro, GPO and a few more looked VERY similar. Admittedly I didn’t get to look at all outside in various conditions, but I did get to look at all of them at distance at a minimum of 100y, in low light.

The razor UHDs were to my eye about the same as the swaro SLCs (which have since been discontinued), and few saying they are compareable to the kowa genesis.

Reactions: Langford
I have the MIJ 12x HD, MIJ 12x UHD and B1+HD...both my Razor's are loaners.

My eyes can't tell the difference between the Meopta and Swaro but my wallet can!

Meopta for the WIN!

Can confirm the 12x UHDs are excellent. Easily the best Binos that Vortex makes and every bit as clear as the Swaro/Meopta.

I had razor hd, and meopta hd. Im not a model number snob, i do not recall exact deets. But i sold the vortex for one reason. I immediately noticed when comparing side by side, that i was able to see much better with the meoptas. the meoptas shined, in low light, at distance, looking under trees across a field. Also, counting antlers, much crisper in bad, rainy foggy weather.