• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

15 years old - 1,000 yards w/ target cam

Tempest 455

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2012
Middle TN
Had to post, another good video of my son last weekend. Very proud of his ability. He can control his breathing/trigger pull unlike many I know, including elders. When he gets older and can read the wind, he's going to be very good. He has 20/10 vision is his right eye and is downright awesome w/ iron sights and a M1 Garand at 100-300 yards.

Wish I got to do this when I was 15. :)

This was a Savage 12 Benchrest .308 at 1,000 yards and it was not a calm day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN77evvJFsU

Since this thread is beyond at 1,000. Here he is at 14 at 1,100 last fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr-s1eZRHo0

Last edited:
Isn't your kids making you proud one of the joys of parenting? :)

Sure is nice to see youngsters shooting at that range. Really its nice to see them shooting at all. I sure appreciate what you are doing with your son.

This past weekend I had the chance to watch my nephew (13) shoot in a skeet tournament. He was one of two teens in the group. While my nephew shot a respectable 81 the other teen shot a perfect 100. It was great to see the camaraderie the older shooters shared with them. The two kids started fist bumping on the first round, by the second round everyone was fist bumping. It was great to see them shoot the other kids hat. It's something you don't get to see all that often. All showed great class.

I love to see the tradition being handed down.

Chip

Last edited:
That is outstanding. Enjoy the time together. They really do grow up too fast, then off in other directions. Well done.

Thats great! My 7 year old has been shooting with me since he was 5. All he wants to shoot right now is his ar-15. Hopefully have him on the 6.5 creedmoor at longer range this year. Im in Chattanooga, where in middle TN are you?

Thats great! My 7 year old has been shooting with me since he was 5. All he wants to shoot right now is his ar-15. Hopefully have him on the 6.5 creedmoor at longer range this year. Im in Chattanooga, where in middle TN are you?

Approx 20 miles North of Nashville.

Badass! man looks like a great day with ur son.. Keep up the good work

That is great. I will never forget my Dad teaching me to shoot as a kid.

Thanks. Over the last year, it's been more him teaching me and my buddy's. :) As I said above, I often can't beat him anymore. I stand no chance when I we shoot iron sights.