• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1500 yd range near Dallas "update:open shoot"

Re: opening 1000-2000 range near Dallas, need partner

Crap I missed this. I have you on FB and am tagging this thread. I would love to come out and shoot. very interested in a membership as well.

Endless amounts of "SHIT!" being said on this end for missing out on this! Sounds like it's not too far from me. Depending on costs, I would entertain a membership & look forward to you posting up about the next shoot.

gonna go snoop y'all out on FB.

Count me in for a membership. I shoot at Top Gun now but sure would like to take it out farther. I can run heavy equipment if you need help in the earth moving department. I can't wait. Please keep us updated!

I wish I would have seen this thread sooner but unfortunately still would have missed the shoot due to this deployment. I will tag you on FB and count me in for a membership as well. I have been dying for a long range in the Dallas area

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a pic I took, the mirage took it's toll today.</div></div>
Nice pictures Ryan! Bring that NF with you today so we can test its low light performance on the neighbors!

Good News for you guys who may want to join North East Texas Tactical, Gov. Perry signed the Texas Range Protection Act into law and it will be effective Sept 1. Kaufman county doesn't have a noise ordinance and now even if they came up with one we will be grandfathered in. Im going to try to have the elevated firing line up by the next open range day, not that mirage will ba a huge issue in December, but it should help with the target ID.

here is a link to SB 766
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/BillStages.aspx?LegSess=82R&Bill=SB766

Are there any abandoned golf courses around?

I'm interested in a membership as well. Let me know when open enrollment starts!
wink.gif

I am definitely joining providing I get the invite. The 200 yard gong at my range is getting rather boring.

I hear a ton of people here that must belong to Haltom City like me! I'd love to get more info on membership and come out and shoot. What about those of us that dont use Facebook? Couldn't find any info on the website yet about membership, I'll keep checking here and the site for updates.

Say when and I will sign up.

Any word yet on whether there will be day passes or the like? I'm still very new to LR shooting and far enough away that a full on membership might not be cost-efficient for me, but I'd love to come out from time to time and help support this.

Thanks!

^^ ditto

probably have a couple friends might like to join also.

Any idea about another open shoot this December? The summer shoot went really well!

I'm very interested in this as well.

Any chance for another shoot this winter?

Parker

Yep, what they said... I'm ready to give you some cash.

Looks like I have a reason to build that 375 CheyTac afterall.

The 300wm will just won't do now. hahah

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goose375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Almost forgot... I'm looking for an employee... Does anyone know a Retired veteran in the area who is NRA Safety Officer certified and nothing to do on the weekends? </div></div>

I have a buddy that may be interested in contributing some time and he's a CHL instructor until you find someone.

I'd also pitch in some time... ( I'm not certified but, I made the president's 100 at Perry... shot national Jr. team as a kid etc. )

We've both RO'd at some of the Tiger Valley team sniper events.

Not on a full time basis but, could probably help you fill some weekends for a while till you get up going 100% if you're interested.

I'm definately interested in a membership.

And TacPro is too far and only 1000yds.... ( I'll continue to maintain a membership there too... just on principal and support for anyone trying to maintain a long range open to members )

I just bought a 375 CheyTac to sit next to my 300wm, I'm waiting for reloading components at the moment but, this beast will be VERY boring shooting it only 1000yds.

Short Notice OPEN SHOOT: Friday the 30th, this post pretty much is pasted from the Facebook page so you can see it there too..

OPEN SHOOT!!!..... Friday 30th, 10am-3pm sorry this is kinda last minute, but you should have had enough time to mount that scope you got for xmas by now and hopefully your boss gave you a long weekend.

Current Members $20
New Members $25

This is very informal, I will have a 100yd target to zero on and steel from 100 to 1100yds. We are waiting for it to dry up out there so we can get some dirt pushed so why not sling some lead while we wait? There are also a few interesting challenges you should be aware of.

1. It is very muddy, you will see my trailer stuck just 10 ft. off the driveway, if you have a 4x4 feel free to park anywhere to the right of the drive way, cars.... ehhh? dont stray too far from the gravel.

2. We are shooting from the top of one of the containers seen in the pictures, using a ladder to get there.... so if you have an issue with ladders please be mindful.

3. The hours are 10-3 because I'm dove hunting in the morning....and evening.... just in case you were wondering... So range is cold at 3pm.

If you are coming and can just roger up so we can get a feel for how many are coming we would appreciate it. Happy New Year Adam & Jessica

In!!!!!!!!!! I'll start reloading today....

I won't have the 375 CheyTac up and running yet ( couldn't shoot your steel with it anyway )... ( waiting on dies ) but, the 300wm will be all set.

I'd like to talk about a membership also.

Directions to the range would be great

thanks goose, friday was a great day to shoot. hits out to 1100,enjoyed the shoot & seeing all.

Re: opening 1500 range near Dallas "update"

I'm moving to Dallas in a few months and this looks like it would be an answered prayer! How can I <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">h</span>elp</span> and get involved ? Definitely keepin' an eye on this thread.

I would love to help out in any way possible to get involved and support the club. I should have some steel to bring to the next shoot!

Dang, I gotta look in here more often. And I was off the 30th too!!

Is this place officially open? What are the membership fees? Sorry If I missed it...

Yea. I missed the short-noticed X-mas meet
frown.gif

Need to check this part of the forum more often.

Can we get another shoot on the calendar?

Parker

Best I could capture that day.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KrtxYS0vl5Y"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KrtxYS0vl5Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I would love to come and shoot. Not too far from abiline. Ive streched the legs out on my .338 lapua to 1760 and would love to ping steel with like minded gun guys. Is 1500 going to be the furthest out? I have a buddy in afganastan now that would probably love to come out when he gets back too. Thanks for havin the sac to open a range like this. Ive thought about it near abiline but just dont know if it would fly or not!

When you get caught up on $$, PLEASE put in target pits. IMO, this is the only way to learn to shoot long range. When you can get instant read on your hit, you can really learn to read the wind and make adjustments.

You will be able to have F-Class matches and draw a bunch of $$, not that your having a hard time getting shooters now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you get caught up on $$, PLEASE put in target pits. IMO, this is the only way to learn to shoot long range. When you can get instant read on your hit, you can really learn to read the wind and make adjustments.

You will be able to have F-Class matches and draw a bunch of $$, not that your having a hard time getting shooters now. </div></div>

Goose, if you ever decide to do that, I'll pitch in weekend time to help with this. ( I don't charge for time for such a noble cause ) LOL Just need materials, a berm in front and a welder.

I like the idea of the, "steel garden", where you shoot from one firing line at targets of any range.... just change your dope and shoot the 400yd shot then, dial up and shoot the 800yd shot then, change again and shoot the 1100yd shot or 1500yd shot... you don't even get up... just change elevation or hold and fire. That's awesome.

If you ever decide to put in pits, I'll help you and, I'm sure others will too. There are times when knowing exactly where you hit is just awesome. I guess the biggest question would be at what yardline would you put the pits... ( 1000yds, I'd imagine ) It would be quite an investment in time to do this.... probably more of a thing for the future.

What you have now is really nice. The best thing I liked is that you pick a target, dial your dope and ring steel at any range you like.

UPDATE: I have the tractors out there right now pushing dirt for the pistol bays and building the slab for the tower. I am leaving back for Kabul on Wed. so not sure how much i will try to do from there. You can bet on an open shoot sometime early May.

Just got back from SHOT show and am pretty sure I have secured some auto reset Larue type targets as well as several other new designs. I went looking for targets and man did I find em'. We have lots of new ideas and we are polishing the old ones every day.

There will never be pit service at this range, sorry ahead of time to all the F class shooters looking to tighten groups. This is a steel range... Known distance, UKD, big steel, small steel.. if you want to hone your accuracy, I will be willing to put a 4" plate at 1500 for those interested. This range is catered to the long range tactical shooters, operators, and competitors. I'm pretty much building it for selfish reasons... I wanted a place to shoot. And I have a feeling thousands of you around Dallas feel the same. It is going to be one of a kind and don't be surprised if you have to qualify to shoot the 1500yd range. I have a neighbor praying a round will hit his house so we are going to take his safety pretty seriously. I may post some pictures of the progress if I get time, if not then I will catch you guys at the next shoot.. Stay safe GOOSE

Well it doesnt look like much yet but it should come together nicely. This is looking at the pad the tower will sit on.
IMAG0519.jpg

Here are the future steel pistol bays
IMAG0518.jpg

This is from the last open shoot, we moved to the top of the boxes...
IMAG0477.jpg

Should look at this thread more often.

Was off on the 30th and did some shooting that day elsewhere. Would love to get out there and see the range and send some rounds down range.

I'll be watching for the May shoot info here.

AR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goose375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well it doesnt look like much yet but it should come together nicely. This is looking at the pad the tower will sit on.
IMAG0519.jpg

Here are the future steel pistol bays
IMAG0518.jpg

This is from the last open shoot, we moved to the top of the boxes...
IMAG0477.jpg
</div></div>

I'm that handsome mother fucker on the spotting scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang, I gotta look in here more often. And I was off the 30th too!!</div></div>
John,

How did we miss this? . . . and I was off too!

Kevin

As soon as my 6.5 CM gets here I'd love to come up and try that distance!!!