• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

16-18 inch shorty rifles

Used this 16.25" 6.5 CM in a 1.5 for a few weeks and robbed this pre-14 from a rifle I picked up last week.

It's definitely going to stay in the folder.

20231106_214524.jpg

20231104_185445.jpg

Spent Saturday evening posted up on the bedcover looking for a cruising buck with no luck.

Impact nbk
TS customs mag contour barrel
TS customs ks1 stock
Hawkins hunter bottom metal
Trigger tech special pro curve
Vortex lht 3-15, but just switched to a trijjicon 2.5-10x56

Reactions: Gacory
You gotta tell us what bullets and speed you are getting. Everyone secretly wants a short magnum like this.
That’s a fact I inquired about short barrel 25prc In the 25cal thread and you swear I was the witch and they were about to burn me alive for saying such blasphemy.

First blood, 17” medium Palma McGowen 1/8 7mm-08, fluted by LRI, 162gr ELDX in formed LC brass, tungsten/black cerakote in UPR stock w/T6Xi 3-18
Sitting in a blind and waiting for some deer to show up

Attachments

• IMG_5582.jpeg
    IMG_5582.jpeg
    812.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_5587.jpeg
    IMG_5587.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 196
Picked up a tt primary off here and got it on tonight aero solus action and barrel is from black collar arms spiral fluted 16in...barrel is going to be cerakoted as the nitride finish on it absolutely sucks

Currently waiting on the right stock or chassis but heavily leaning towards another manners

20231120_210403.jpg

Picked up a tt primary off here and got it on tonight aero solus action and barrel is from black collar arms spiral fluted 16in...barrel is going to be cerakoted as the nitride finish on it absolutely sucks

Currently waiting on the right stock or chassis but heavily leaning towards another manners

View attachment 8277576
What caliber is that barrel?

Finally got my 6.5 creedmoor barrel. Still need headspace gauge to get it up and shooting. Build turn out good but it’s a chunky bastard. Really curious on how the Outlier barrel will shoot.

MDT xrs chassis with mdt arca
Outlier 6.5 creedmoor 16 inch
Zermatt Origin action
Trigger tech special trigger
Burris xtriii in nightforce rings.
Atlas cal with area419 adapter.
Silencerco harvester 300 suppressor
Weight 17.2 pounds!

IMG_0620.jpeg
IMG_0621.jpeg

I'm considering picking up a Howa 1500 16.25" Barreled Action in 308. Not sure which chassis I'd run it in yet. Anything I'd have to worry about running one of these Howa's? Would be for deer and hogs in South Texas.

That was my rifle a long time ago. Andy (The Firm Rifles) built that rig. Glad it is still going strong. Love the short 6.5CM.
Save me some digging...what bullets and velocities are getting?
Yea that BA is a monster! Pretty sure your the one I bought it off of when it was all stainless with the 2 6.5 barrels and the one 6XC.

The new 6.5 barrel shoots insanely accurate.

This one still going strong.

147ELDM 42.1gr H4350 2.20CBTO Hornady Brass and 210M Primers

2617 in the 16"
2790 in the 24"

Ejector spring is shot I think. About every 10th round the case gets stuck in the receiver. Has happened on the last two range trips.

I'd say the receiver has 4500 through it now.

Last edited:
Yea that BA is a monster! Pretty sure your the one I bought it off of when it was all stainless with the 2 6.5 barrels and the one 6XC.

The new 6.5 barrel shoots insanely accurate.

This one still going strong.

147ELDM 42.1gr H4350 2.20CBTO Hornady Brass and 210M Primers

2617 in the 16"
2790 in the 24"

Ejector spring is shot I think. About every 10th round the case gets stuck in the receiver. Has happened on the last two range trips.

I'd say the receiver has 4500 through it now.
Yep...same one.

Good velocity from that 16" barrel. Glad it went to a good home. Happy shooting.

Reactions: NHPiper
I've been pleased with my Q Fix rifle. It came with a factory 16.5" 6.5CM barrel fluted by Dave Tooley (I believe). I bought a Proof CF barrel in 308 that is very accurate. The 6.5CM barrel is an moa gun and the 308 barrel is .5" with Federal Match 168gr. It does well with Black Hills 175gr. On top I have an S&B 4-16 PMII with a P4F reticle that I've owned for more than a decade. The S&B sits in an ARC M-Brace mount. Also have a Surefire 762 mini SOCOM can wrapped in a Rifles Onlt cover and an Atlas bipod. I plan to add a 8.6 barrel to the stable down the road.

It is a great all-arounder with a fantastic trigger and easy to do barrel swaps.

qfix01a.jpg

I've been pleased with my Q Fix rifle. It came with a factory 16.5" 6.5CM barrel fluted by Dave Tooley (I believe). I bought a Proof CF barrel in 308 that is very accurate. The 6.5CM barrel is an moa gun and the 308 barrel is .5" with Federal Match 168gr. It does well with Black Hills 175gr. On top I have an S&B 4-16 PMII with a P4F reticle that I've owned for more than a decade. The S&B sits in an ARC M-Brace mount. Also have a Surefire 762 mini SOCOM can wrapped in a Rifles Onlt cover and an Atlas bipod. I plan to add a 8.6 barrel to the stable down the road.

It is a great all-arounder with a fantastic trigger and easy to do barrel swaps.

View attachment 8286966

I'd recognize my old Power Wagon anywhere haha. I hope the truck and Alaska are treating you well.

Finally got my 6.5 creedmoor barrel. Still need headspace gauge to get it up and shooting. Build turn out good but it’s a chunky bastard. Really curious on how the Outlier barrel will shoot.

MDT xrs chassis with mdt arca
Outlier 6.5 creedmoor 16 inch
Zermatt Origin action
Trigger tech special trigger
Burris xtriii in nightforce rings.
Atlas cal with area419 adapter.
Silencerco harvester 300 suppressor
Weight 17.2 pounds!

View attachment 8280829View attachment 8280830
Did Outlier supply the barrel nut? Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

Did Outlier supply the barrel nut? Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?
Yes they did supply the barrel nut.

No I haven’t had a chance yet. I need to get some head space gauges. Also need to get a standard bolt face for my action. The rifle was originally going to be a 6.5 prc.

Ended up tossing this back together. First gun I ever bought as a deployment gift to myself.

18” 308 on a Rem700 action.

The action was blueprinted and the Hart barrel was done by Grunning Precision and I eventually sent it to SAC for the barrel fluting, side bolt release, and an M16 extractor. They also spun up a 6.5 Saum barrel while it was there.

KRG Bravo with the fixings, TT Special, Insite Heathan, and a 3-12x Bushnell LRTSi.

IMG_0658.jpeg

Was able to grab a bergara b14 ridge sp in 223.
Talley rings
Ep4l coming
Probably gonna do a b&c m40
Yhm turbo t3

Attachments

• IMG_20231130_175754.jpg
    IMG_20231130_175754.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: JonKleman
18" 6.5 CM built on a Defiance AnTi X, Benchmark Carbon Sendero Light 1/7.5 - Prefit by Blue Mountain Precision.
First kill with this new build that I put together this Summer. 194 yards, quartered to. Shooting G9 Defense 113g Long Range Hunter ammunition. Monolithic 2 part brass projectiles that shed 4 petals for a wide wound cavity with the shank continuing on, which exited.

IMG_0347.JPG

Got to the range for an hour or so today and it shot amazing! Sighted in and then shot a couple groups. First group was a bit over .75” and the second group was around .5”. Didn’t have a ton of time so I banged some steel for a bit and went back to the office.

The chassis was very comfortable for a compact stock. The action ran perfectly and was very smooth. I’m no Navy Seal sniper, so I’ll likely never really beat the action up and put it to any kind of torture test, so for my purposes it seems exceptional for the money. And the factory barrel cut down to 17” feels and shoots great. In case anyone is curious, I was shooting Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X and got an average of 2502 fps.

Very cool. That chassis is really growing on me. How are the ergonomics on it?

Really a nicely put together platform.

Honestly, the ergos are way better than I anticipated. It’s not a Manners stock or anything, so it’s not the most comfortable to shoot, but it’s the most comfortable compact chassis I’ve used.

18" 6.5 CM built on a Defiance AnTi X, Benchmark Carbon Sendero Light 1/7.5 - Prefit by Blue Mountain Precision.
First kill with this new build that I put together this Summer. 194 yards, quartered to. Shooting G9 Defense 113g Long Range Hunter ammunition. Monolithic 2 part brass projectiles that shed 4 petals for a wide wound cavity with the shank continuing on, which exited.

View attachment 8288016
Very cool! Congrats on a successful dream hunt!

Reactions: B_Reynolds_AK
Honestly, the ergos are way better than I anticipated. It’s not a Manners stock or anything, so it’s not the most comfortable to shoot, but it’s the most comfortable compact chassis I’ve used.
I like the hnt26 quite a bit as well, more than the xlr element 4.0 I also have. I put the mdt carbon vertical grip on it. I will say it's much nicer to carry in 20° weather VS magnesium!

Please advise on LOP? Does it have multiple positions or is it closed or open fully only?

Please advise on LOP? Does it have multiple positions or is it closed or open fully only?

It has 2 or 3 positions. I've been using it in the shortest configuration. I'll grab a couple pictures tonight at the different lengths.