• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

16-18 inch shorty rifles

Here are the different stock positions on the screech owl.

Attachments

• IMG_2205.jpeg
    IMG_2205.jpeg
    538.6 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2206.jpeg
    IMG_2206.jpeg
    535.7 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_2207.jpeg
    IMG_2207.jpeg
    465 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2208.jpeg
    IMG_2208.jpeg
    435.3 KB · Views: 226
Update to my 16" 300 Blackout. Buddy helped me mill out the McMillan A1-3 for a Badger EFR. It set overnight with Devcon. Lines up with with a clip on.

@FisherT&C

Attachments

• PXL_20231210_130101606.jpg
    PXL_20231210_130101606.jpg
    948.2 KB · Views: 425
  • PXL_20231210_130011203.jpg
    PXL_20231210_130011203.jpg
    931.9 KB · Views: 415
  • PXL_20231210_130052171.jpg
    PXL_20231210_130052171.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 322
  • PXL_20231210_130022207.jpg
    PXL_20231210_130022207.jpg
    911.9 KB · Views: 402
I’m wanting to do this, but in .223. Looks badass.

And what does it weigh? I know somebody is gonna ask, might as well be me.
7 lbs even with the NXS 2.5-10x32 and the 16” barrel. 7 lbs 5 oz with the 18” 6.5 bbl and NXS 2.5-10x42
What is the overall length when folded?
28”

Prefits are awesome. And addicting. When the HNT 26 isn’t trying to be all short and cute, it identifies as a long range killer.

20” PVA Osprey Light Palma 6 Creedmoor
SilencerCo Scythe-Ti.
8 lbs 12 oz w/suppressor.
IMG_0637.jpeg

Just picked up my 18" Krag- Jorgensen sporter in 6.5x55 Swedish from the gunsmith on the way home from the VFW this afternoon.

Krag on Princess rock.jpg

IMG_4865.JPG

This was one of the few made under Nazi occupation during the WWII. (About 3,000 per the Forgotten Weapons video IIRC) Anyhow, it's a bit rough with visible machine marks and all. Cycles smooth though. Understandably... I can't imagine the Norwegians being all that enthusiastic about producing weapons for the krauts. This example had been sporterized long ago, and that brings back memories, because back when I was growing up... that was popular. I loved the wood on this one, (it just looks right) and I have always been curious about the action type so I snapped it up seeing as it wasn't too costly. I also liked the adjustable rear target sight, but not the funky brake cut into a sleave that was silver soldered onto the roughly 20" (ish) barrel. Removing that, however, also cost me the front sight. I just told my gunsmith to put whatever was tall enough that he had laying around. The end of the barrel didn't look too great, so I had it cut to 18" and a Surefire FS put on. I like the ramped sight much more anyhow. Glad he had one tall enough. OK, he actually has a damn box of front sights... lol. Been working on guns for decades.

Should be a nice truck gun.

Last edited:
Just picked up my 18" Krag- Jorgensen sporter in 6.5x55 Swedish from the gunsmith on the way home from the VFW this afternoon.

View attachment 8307265

View attachment 8307279

This was one of the few made under Nazi occupation during the WWII. (About 3,000 per the Forgotten Weapons video IIRC) Anyhow, it's a bit rough with visible machine marks and all. Cycles smooth though. Understandably... I can't imagine the Norwegians being all that enthusiastic about producing weapons for the krauts. This example had been sporterized long ago, and that brings back memories, because back when I was growing up... that was popular. I loved the wood on this one, (it just looks right) and I have always been curious about the action type so I snapped it up seeing as it wasn't too costly. I also liked the adjustable rear target sight, but not the funky brake cut into a sleave that was silver soldered onto the roughly 20" (ish) barrel. Removing that, however, also cost me the front sight. I just told my gunsmith to put whatever was tall enough that he had laying around. The end of the barrel didn't look too great, so I had it cut to 18" and a Surefire FS put on. I like the ramped sight much more anyhow. Glad he had one tall enough. OK, he actually has a damn box of front sights... lol. Been working on guns for decades.

Should be a nice truck gun.
Been itching to get a 30-40 krag for sometime. Beautiful rifle. It being in 6.5x55 swede is even nicer.

Reactions: Bakwa
Been itching to get a 30-40 krag for sometime. Beautiful rifle. It being in 6.5x55 swede is even nicer.

I've always been interested in the action type and side loading of them.
Throw a round in the ejection port and close the bolt. Place the weapon on safe.
Pull open the trap door on the side & dump in 5 loose rounds. Slap close.
There you go... 6 rounds of a decent cartridge, in a fast, smooth (only one big lug) bolt gun.

Reactions: 5RWill
I'm considering picking up a Howa 1500 16.25" Barreled Action in 308. Not sure which chassis I'd run it in yet. Anything I'd have to worry about running one of these Howa's? Would be for deer and hogs in South Texas.

I've been thinking about buying one of those too ever since I saw them on brownells lol. And i too am in Corpus and would like for hunting haha.

Did you go through and buy it yet?

Sixteen-inch RGSC with stock spacers and muzzle brake removed. Rattle-can paint. Weigand 20MOA mount and USO TS12 in trash rings (I ordered some decent rings). I tried a Burris Scout scope and found that it works but basically sucks so I reconfigured the rifle to this.
image0 (8).jpeg

Sixteen-inch RGSC with stock spacers and muzzle brake removed. Rattle-can paint. Weigand 20MOA mount and USO TS12 in trash rings (I ordered some decent rings). I tried a Burris Scout scope and found that it works but basically sucks so I reconfigured the rifle to this. View attachment 8323496

Does your TS12 have a lot of edge distortion at low magnification? I had one and returned it because at low mag it was almost like a fisheye lense outside of the center of view. I did like everything about it for the price though, and I haven't seen that in any reviews, so I'm kinda of curious if I got a lemon.

Reactions: 2c1fr
Does your TS12 have a lot of edge distortion at low magnification? I had one and returned it because at low mag it was almost like a fisheye lense outside of the center of view. I did like everything about it for the price though, and I haven't seen that in any reviews, so I'm kinda of curious if I got a lemon.
i haven't noticed anything like that on mine.

Reactions: Gtscotty
IMG_1981.jpeg

Kelbly Atlas with a 18” Bartlein 1:8 Rem Varmint 7mm-08.
Manners T6a elite shell
Triggertech special
PTG stealth

Scope is still enroute and future plan is to put it on a diet by swapping out the stock as it’s future is mostly a truck/hunting rifle.

Last edited: