• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

16-18 inch shorty rifles

Tikka T3x
19" Carbon six 7mm PRC 1:8 Featherweight (cut factory barrel shown for comparison)
Stockys VG Carbon stock
Athlon Chinesium special in Sports match rings

View attachment 8350410

How do you like the Helos 2-12? I was not willing to pay the money for a better scope for the rifle my Helos 2-12 sits on, and I'll be honest, I am wildly impressed with that scope for the money. I have it on a 223 so not like I'm slamming 800yds with it, but I really like it.

Where are you guys finding the Proof CF shorty prefits? I cant find anything under 22"

They are out there, just have to hit all of the vendors. A lot of it depends on which action you are using as well.

Patriot valley also has their own line of carbon prefits.

AXSR with an 18" Proof barrel and AAC TiTan QD 👌

axsr-18-308-small.jpg

Update to the 300Blk build. Reminder this is now the 4th stock/chassis because I can’t stop tweaking it. Went from a KRB Bravo, to a Manners EH3 (?), to a McMillan A1-3, and now the Cadex Dual Strike. Waiting on the Form 1 to approve to chop the barrel to 8.5” or 9” (can’t remember what I put in for). That will let me run the can under the Handguard with about 1.5” of it sticking out the front.

20 MOA continuous rail on the Dual Strike + 30 MOA on the ADM mount gives me 29 mils of up travel on the NX8 2.5-20, which gets me to 600 yards with subsonics without dialing.

Used the new tac-table from @Drhorsepower last night to do some plinking at 120 yards. The Kiji ‘3 is usually perfect for this gun, although not needed with the CNVD-LR in most conditions. There is a .3 mil POI/POA (shoots 1” low) with the rail/base setup and CNVD-LR.

Attachments

• B772C3EA-E1D6-4278-9A52-312C44026288.jpeg
    B772C3EA-E1D6-4278-9A52-312C44026288.jpeg
    529.8 KB · Views: 187
Since it’s finished and load development has been going. My new 7-08 hunting rig.

Aero Solus action
18 inch 7-08(1:9) spun up by Southern Precison Rifles
Manners UC stock
Timney elite hunter trigger
NF 2.5-10 in ARC rings
YHM 2 port brake QD for a phantom
6F18E54B-5456-49E3-8D24-75E32B52CB79.jpeg

Update to the 300Blk build. Reminder this is now the 4th stock/chassis because I can’t stop tweaking it. Went from a KRB Bravo, to a Manners EH3 (?), to a McMillan A1-3, and now the Cadex Dual Strike. Waiting on the Form 1 to approve to chop the barrel to 8.5” or 9” (can’t remember what I put in for). That will let me run the can under the Handguard with about 1.5” of it sticking out the front.

20 MOA continuous rail on the Dual Strike + 30 MOA on the ADM mount gives me 29 mils of up travel on the NX8 2.5-20, which gets me to 600 yards with subsonics without dialing.

Used the new tac-table from @Drhorsepower last night to do some plinking at 120 yards. The Kiji ‘3 is usually perfect for this gun, although not needed with the CNVD-LR in most conditions. There is a .3 mil POI/POA (shoots 1” low) with the rail/base setup and CNVD-LR.
Been planning a similar build, but cant decide on a chassis. I would like it to be a folder and "light". Maybe a HNT26.

Been planning a similar build, but cant decide on a chassis. I would like it to be a folder and "light". Maybe a HNT26.
I went the light route thinking I'd use it for hunting. Decided the can inside of the handguard would be cool and I am really only shooting subs.

Recoila like a 22LR

I went the light route thinking I'd use it for hunting. Decided the can inside of the handguard would be cool and I am really only shooting subs.

Recoila like a 22LR
What’s the id of the handguard? Or how large of an od suppressor can you use comfortably?

Since it’s finished and load development has been going. My new 7-08 hunting rig.

Aero Solus action
18 inch 7-08(1:9) spun up by Southern Precison Rifles
Manners UC stock
Timney elite hunter trigger
NF 2.5-10 in ARC rings
YHM 2 port brake QD for a phantom
View attachment 8367534
Nice little rig I like it. I have a very similar setup for my tikka switch barrel.
Really hard to go wrong with the 2.5-10 NXS on a short and handy field rifle. Don't need more than 10x really.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Nice little rig I like it. I have a very similar setup for my tikka switch barrel.
Really hard to go wrong with the 2.5-10 NXS on a short and handy field rifle. Don't need more than 10x really.
I might change my mind as I get older and eyesight goes away!

Right not 10x is plenty for this little gun and what I’ll do with it.

Reactions: noremorse92
Doing some mock up. I’ve had this BA nearly a year, and haven’t decided on a home for it, much less time to shoot.
I don’t know how I feel about the two shades of FDE.
I might re coat the chassis to match, or I have an MPA BA Comp that needs re coated. Might run the MPA a while and if I like it, then coat it to match the BA.

IMG_1266.jpeg

IMG_1271.jpeg

Doing some mock up. I’ve had this BA nearly a year, and haven’t decided on a home for it, much less time to shoot.
I might re coat the chassis to match, or I have an MPA BA Comp that needs re coated. Might run the MPA a while and if I like it, then coat it to match the BA.

View attachment 8378462
View attachment 8378463
Just add the Vortex Razor on it and you'll have the triple FDE look. 308?

View attachment 8378462
View attachment 8378463

Got to be happy with that. Check out an AI rifle for a serious number of different shades.

I personally like it. The surgeon is still the bench mark of the custom 700 footprint action.

Just add the Vortex Razor on it and you'll have the triple FDE look. 308?

Not a big Vortex fan, although I came close to trying a 3-18 model.
I think I decided to move my prized possession, a Hensoldt 3-12x56, over to this rifle. I got some FDE scope wrap, so hopefully it’ll look good.
It is .308.. OG Surgeon 591 with 16” 10 twist Bartlein M24 contour.
Got to be happy with that. Check out an AI rifle for a serious number of different shades.

I personally like it. The surgeon is still the bench mark of the custom 700 footprint action.
Thanks, I’m hoping it will grow on me more.

I’m slightly bothered by the fore end partially blocking the lettering for the logo. Such a catastrophe. Lol

IMG_1273.jpeg

View attachment 8378462
View attachment 8378463
I'd buy it if you want to rid yourself of that anxiety. Seriously though, that's a good looking setup. Probably going to chop my tempest to 16" and put it in a chassis of some sort.

my only 2 bolts are an 18” ruger and this new sig cross 16”.

the ruger shoots very well for my limited skills

the sig only has 100 rounds on it and took 80 or so to finally come into some accuracy. velocity for GGG 155gr HPBT was 2575fps. just for kicks i ran a few round of the federal mk319 130gr ammo thru it, 2850fps and the groups werent horrible.

IMG_3815.jpeg
IMG_7254.jpeg

Last edited:
Finished this up the other day. Is my first shorty. Mounted in the Bravo for now as I wait for a Manners Night Stalker. Put 30 rounds through it yesterday. Velocities look good at 2450 average.

Zermatt Arms Origin
Proof 16.5 chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor
Trigger Tech Diamond
Bravo Stock for now
Sig Tango 6
ARC Rings

Like it so much I think I may cut down my other rifle to make it a shorty as well. Much more handy.

IMG_8040.jpeg

Finished this up the other day. Is my first shorty. Mounted in the Bravo for now as I wait for a Manners Night Stalker. Put 30 rounds through it yesterday. Velocities look good at 2450 average.

Zermatt Arms Origin
Proof 16.5 chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor
Trigger Tech Diamond
Bravo Stock for now
Sig Tango 6
ARC Rings

Like it so much I think I may cut down my other rifle to make it a shorty as well. Much more handy.

View attachment 8380802
Are those handloads? Seems quite a bit slower than it should be. Have an 18" ATX barrel and with mild handloads and 140ELDs it's getting 2650fps.

Sweet looking rig. That might stalker from manners will be sweet.