• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

16-18 inch shorty rifles

LH Remington 700 .308 Varmint cut down to 18".

Attachments

• rifle.jpg
    rifle.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 202

wow, photo quality is poor.

I recently took to the stock with the airbrush.
I think it looks great, yet will most likely cerakote the stock in order to be slightly more stealthy when using it in the field.

APRS

And the brand of the wood stock? Where did you get it?
A Boyds Classic (http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/). I custom ordered unfinished walnut with Pachmayr pad. They didn't have an option for varmint barrel so I ordered with the standard (sporter) barrel channel. I had to open up the barrel channel when it arrived but wasn't too hard to do.

Before finishing I carefully removed the Pachmayr pad, the front and rear studs, and the entire action so all that was left was the stock. The pad was glued and screwed on but luckily after removing the screws it popped right off w/ out much effort. For the finish I started with one coat of Fairtrimmer's Military oX mixed with just a little Watco Black Walnut Oil mixed in. The danish oil was to darken the finish a little on the 1st coat. Then 4 coats of Fairtrimmer's Military Ox. Then finished it off with 3 coats of Tom's 1/3 wax.

Last edited:
The classic they show now- has a wood carved cut on the comb, I like yours better!

Last edited:
Here's my contribution...

9sBkXr4.jpg

16.5" SPS in 308 in a T4-A Elite Carbon with a BDL mini chassis and a 3.5-21 DMR on top.

There's also a Timney Calvin Elite in there, which was added when I dropped the rifle into the stock this week.

Attachments

• 9sBkXr4.jpg
    9sBkXr4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 171
Shortbus, just checking that you meant 2775 fps in your 155 smk load? Just wondering because that seems fast. I sure hope I can get that. I ran the numbers and I would be thrilled if I can. Just wanted to double check

16-18 inch shorty rifles

I just ditched my McRee folder for an MDT LSS on my shorty 700. I'm very pleased with that decision so far.

uzuqy7yv.jpg

sy7aqapa.jpg

Finally finished painting and load dev.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404553880.511871.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404553895.042091.jpg3 shot @ 100yds.

Sent from my Rem700 using Tapatalk

Shortbus, just checking that you meant 2775 fps in your 155 smk load? Just wondering because that seems fast. I sure hope I can get that. I ran the numbers and I would be thrilled if I can. Just wanted to double check

Yep, that was correct, not a typo. I've had several folks ask me if I was serious. Funny thing is that it shoots faster than my pet 260 load. Took it to the Mid-Missouri Rifle Master Benefit Challenge and did fairly well with it. Granted the match didn't have a bunch of long range targets, most were well within' the design capabilities of the rig, but the 155's really let me stretch it out. Only downside is it's flippin' loud as heck with the Badger FTE brake on it.

Branden

Man that's pretty. What's it weigh?

Here's my contribution...

9sBkXr4.jpg

16.5" SPS in 308 in a T4-A Elite Carbon with a BDL mini chassis and a 3.5-21 DMR on top.

There's also a Timney Calvin Elite in there, which was added when I dropped the rifle into the stock this week.

Yep, that was correct, not a typo. I've had several folks ask me if I was serious. Funny thing is that it shoots faster than my pet 260 load. Took it to the Mid-Missouri Rifle Master Benefit Challenge and did fairly well with it. Granted the match didn't have a bunch of long range targets, most were well within' the design capabilities of the rig, but the 155's really let me stretch it out. Only downside is it's flippin' loud as heck with the Badger FTE brake on it.

Branden
Awesome, thanks. Mine is in route from GAP as we speak. Since I'm on the road I just brought a case of 175 SWA match but hope to make it hope soon to try out some 155s in it. I have about 1k 168 amaxand 600 168 smk too so I wonder if they offer any benifet. I didn't get a brake on mine but I do have a can I can tame it with if its too mouthy. I'm sure hoping varget works well as I have a good bit of it along with imr 4064
!

Short bus gave me some good info on his experience. I'm on the road up in north Illinois and my gap will be here tomorrow. Anyone else able to chime in in any special tips or info that is specific to the shorties. Gonna do some subsonic with bit as well. Not alot but some. I have a ton of 175 smks. Don't know if that's a bad idea or not. Might get alot of 208 amax for the blackout to share. But as far as supers, what is everyone elses bullet of choice and powder info is welcome too

Thanks guys for helping me drop $7000 plus as of now

wow, photo quality is poor.

I recently took to the stock with the airbrush.
I think it looks great, yet will most likely cerakote the stock in order to be slightly more stealthy when using it in the field.

APRS

Was that stock originally desert cam?

Looks good.

stump

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/robertb260/embed/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads"></iframe>

Stump

IMG_20140715_200054078.jpg

shoots .25 MOA at 200 yards
Remington 700 ACC-SD 16.5 barrel
MDT-LSS Chassis
Hogue grip
Precision Armament Rail and muzzle brake
Timney Trigger
Atlas Bi-pod
Vortex rings and 6x24 FFP

Last edited:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this thread should be re-named and made a sticky as "The World's Shortest and Ugliest Rifles"

What y'all think? </div></div>

Here's my short ugly rifle - 16.5 inch .308 with a 1 in 8 twist.

024.jpg

That is just a sweet and handy looking rig right there.

Ruger 77 308 cut to 18" mcmillan hunter stock hardy rifle engineering overbarrel suppressor. Barnes 130 ttsx at 3020 fps via 50g h335. Zeiss conquest 3-9x40

Last edited:
Here is my Drake Associates Stalker,

10478677_780156882007837_968082615678649645_n.jpg

18" 6.5CM and so far, it's a hammer.

With factory 140gr AMAX I get 2640fps out of it ... looking forward to more as it's proving to be very accurate.

Here is my Drake Associates Stalker,

18" 6.5CM and so far, it's a hammer.

With factory 140gr AMAX I get 2640fps out of it ... looking forward to more as it's proving to be very accurate.

That 2640fps seems to be a very solid number for factory 140s; another member here had a 18.5" Creedmoor and got the same thing IIRC.

I have been shooting 140 amax's but just recently got a reliable chrono. Im planning on taking it out this weekend and should get some good numbers.

Same rifle with new stock and glass. Thought I'd show it off again here. .260 18.5 Beanland build

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 142