• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes 16" REPR Scope

bjh5268

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2012
I have been reading alot of diccusions on the fourm and have decided it was time to register and ask for some help. I cannot decide on what scope to put on top of my fairly new LWRC repr. I would perferbly want ffp, some type of milldot or ballistic retical, illumination does not really matter to me. And on the high side up 9-12x power. would like to spend a little over or under 1000 dollars.

Any help or opinions would be much apperciated. thanks.

Re: 16" REPR Scope

Take a look at the Vortex PST line of optics. They are tough to beat for the price.

How does the PST line glass compare to regular(non HD) SS glass?

I own nightforce, us optics, and vortex pst, and though the others are better, the pst definitely is not far behind.

You would not be disappointed......

I just ordered one of the new bushnell elite tactical 6-24 ffp scopes for my mega build, i have been happy with previous bushnell elite series. I have also owned uso and this time i couldnt justify spending 3x as much. Take a lookat libertyoptics website Scott just got some in.

I would look seriously at SWFA I believe they offer a 4-16 in their SS line I have their 5-20 and like it quite a bit although I havent had a chance to put rounds down range with it yet... damn me for choosing a unique caliber (6.5 creedmoor) that I cant buy on the island I live on.

thanks for all the post guys still trying to decide their are just so many options but i am leaning towards the pst's . I wish Swfa would introduce a 2.5-10,12,16 power scope.

Although many can give you differing recommendations for a scope within a particular price range, I doubt that many would say that a PST would be a bad choice in your price range.

For a FFP scope at under $1K, what would tip me over in favor of the Vortex is the customer service that comes with their products.

It just so happens that I got to mess with a FFP PST and a Bushnell Tactical model (the one with the HUGE knobs on it). The PST was very nice and crystal clear. I liked the Bushnell as well, but there was something going on with the image. Sort of like a mild fish eye effect. I wish I knew what model of Bushnell it was, but I can't remeber.